Lemon23

I-751 May 2017 Filers

2,774 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Tweety22 said:

Ok hello Vjourney friends!!!

Just wanted to give you guys an update on my case.  I received my GC :D in June wooooo hoooooo super excited.  So now I decided to apply for N-400.  I got  a update on my case saying that my estimated completion date is February 2020!!!!! Whattttt :blink: :blink: 19 months!!!! wow such a long wait!!!! Anyways I guess I should be used to the waiting.  I already have my biometrics appointment date.  So after that I'm just going to sit back and forget about it til 2020!!!! :huh:

Check back the processing time after your biometrics appointment since sometime they lessen the processing time, though I dont rely on that because of inconsistency 

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

Hi Everyone,

I just want to share my experience for getting i-551 Stamps today in Los Angeles Office. My extension is expired on 7/10/2018 ( I filed my i-751 May 2017)

My appointment is at 7 AM, but the officer didn't let us in until 7:10 AM. 

When you pass security check, you have to wait for another line again for check-in.

They separated into 2 windows: LOS & LAS ( you can tell which side based on your info pass appointment paper) 

I finished my check-in around 7:45 am and waited about 20~30 mins for my number to be called. 

The gentleman who interview me is very nice and helpful guy. He only asked me if my address changed and ask me to update my address ASAP when I get a chance in case they mail the green card to the wrong address in the future.

He took my passport, green card and driver license when he is processing my case. 

After 20 min he called my name , he returned my passport with stamp alone with my  green card and driver licence.

The whole process took me 1.5 hour. 

If you moved or your ID address is different than your current address, I will suggest you bring a proof of your current home address. (such as apartment lease paper or insurance paper)  

They wont let you in if you use different zip code to book the appointment. 

I hope those help for people who try to get an stamp soon.

Edited by GStyles

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, THG said:

My I-751 NOA is 05/30/2017. Still pending.

Submitted my N-400 online yesterday. ($750, so expensive).

Went to InfoPass appointment yesterday and met a pretty mean officer. She insisted only giving me a stamp with half more year extension (which is 02/2018) , although I told her I have to travel in 09/2018 and also around 02/2019.

She also required me to show her my booked travel flights/hotels...

I asked her more about if N400 and I-751 will be conflicted and she just said wait for your mails and everything you need to know would be there...

Also asked her the 6-month period to renew driving licence and she said it's not her business..

Thanks for sharing... Really sorry you had  an experience like THAT....

I'm honestly having troubles to understand WHY, giving you a stamp, they make you feel like they just sacrificed something very personal.... 

Hi, guys

I was checking recently the Case Tracker app, and was playing around with the numbers a little bit. And that's what I discovered. Let's say I took an example WAC 17 227 XXXXX  as the base line, considering , that 17 - is a fiscal year and 227 is the actual workday, XXXXX - case number. (227 day from October 1 - beginning of the fiscal year) . When I search for cases in the range for "Fiscal Year 17 and day 227" - everything is typical - "Case was received at local office." 

But when I change the Workday such as: ...195 , 196, 197, 198, 199, 200 ...up to 210 and perform a search in that range (For case number I used primitive :00002) ---> Almost every single case displays "Case was transferred and a new office has Jurisdiction". Which is basically tons of April cases and probably some beginning of May. (May be some previous months as well, not sure)

As sort of a small conclusion : On June 27 and on July 6 --> There were 2 huge transfers of cases to a different office.  This is only 17 Work days away from Day 227, which makes me believe , that May cases are next in the line to receive a Transfer, whenever the next big transfer will be, in a month or so.

Also I noticed, that after almost every single time they do a Huge transfer of cases, they have a "Tools outage" notice on the Website, saying that 'Check your status' or 'Processing times' will be unavailable. Last time they had "Tools outage" on July, 8.

I know it doesn't give much, but probably may give us some hope.

5 hours ago, THG said:

My I-751 NOA is 05/30/2017. Still pending.

Submitted my N-400 online yesterday. ($750, so expensive).

Went to InfoPass appointment yesterday and met a pretty mean officer. She insisted only giving me a stamp with half more year extension (which is 02/2018) , although I told her I have to travel in 09/2018 and also around 02/2019.

She also required me to show her my booked travel flights/hotels...

I asked her more about if N400 and I-751 will be conflicted and she just said wait for your mails and everything you need to know would be there...

Also asked her the 6-month period to renew driving licence and she said it's not her business..

I am sorry that you had to go through this, but can I be honest with you:

-- it is her free will (literally) to issue you a stamp for either one year, six months, 3 months, or even one month,  just like visa officer at us consulate offices in other countries, they have all the power;  yeah, she is mean, but she could be just having a bad day or something like that;

-- when you offered her information about your travel, then she has to right to see documents; 

-- sometimes i dont understand why people expect to get detailed information about their cases from uscis offers at infopass. those uscis employers may not have privilege to access more information; just like one calls ucsic, tier 1 agents cannot really tell much about one's case since they dont have such access; most tier 1 workers are just at call centers, and are uscis contractors;

-- as of driver license,  uscis is at federal government level,  while drive license is at state level, uscis has nothing to do with driver license

just my two cents,  that is how i try to see things from other point of view, that is one of reasons i am not that frustrated or stressed out during this whole process, i guess. 

having said all that,  i didnt mean to upset you or anything like that,  just trying to see if i can be reasoning something from other perspectives

18 minutes ago, Jane D said:

Hi, guys

I was checking recently the Case Tracker app, and was playing around with the numbers a little bit. And that's what I discovered. Let's say I took an example WAC 17 227 XXXXX  as the base line, considering , that 17 - is a fiscal year and 227 is the actual workday, XXXXX - case number. (227 day from October 1 - beginning of the fiscal year) . When I search for cases in the range for "Fiscal Year 17 and day 227" - everything is typical - "Case was received at local office." 

But when I change the Workday such as: ...195 , 196, 197, 198, 199, 200 ...up to 210 and perform a search in that range (For case number I used primitive :00002) ---> Almost every single case displays "Case was transferred and a new office has Jurisdiction". Which is basically tons of April cases and probably some beginning of May. (May be some previous months as well, not sure)

As sort of a small conclusion : On June 27 and on July 6 --> There were 2 huge transfers of cases to a different office.  This is only 17 Work days away from Day 227, which makes me believe , that May cases are next in the line to receive a Transfer, whenever the next big transfer will be, in a month or so.

Also I noticed, that after almost every single time they do a Huge transfer of cases, they have a "Tools outage" notice on the Website, saying that 'Check your status' or 'Processing times' will be unavailable. Last time they had "Tools outage" on July, 8.

I know it doesn't give much, but probably may give us some hope.

did you search 17195 -- 17210 cases within an hour or so?  the app didnt block you from using it for days?

1 minute ago, gc@gc said:

did you search 17195 -- 17210 cases within an hour or so?  the app didnt block you from using it for days?

It did block my IP, probably for a few days , which was from my Wi FI at home, but then I continued to use just the regular Mobile LTE connection that I had from my phone, that gave me access to the app, and I could continue "Research". But this time, trying not to overuse it too much.

Just now, Jane D said:

It did block my IP, probably for a few days , which was from my Wi FI at home, but then I continued to use just the regular Mobile LTE connection that I had from my phone, that gave me access to the app, and I could continue "Research". But this time, trying not to overuse it too much.

yeah,  thats what i did too

1 minute ago, Jane D said:

it seems case tracker app gets information from egov.uscis.gov,  but that site doesnt really systematically keep information updated; so i stop extracting  and analyzing data 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
52 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

-- it is her free will (literally) to issue you a stamp for either one year, six months, 3 months, or even one month,  just like visa officer at us consulate offices in other countries, they have all the power;  yeah, she is mean, but she could be just having a bad day or something like that;

-- when you offered her information about your travel, then she has to right to see documents; 

-- sometimes i dont understand why people expect to get detailed information about their cases from uscis offers at infopass. those uscis employers may not have privilege to access more information; just like one calls ucsic, tier 1 agents cannot really tell much about one's case since they dont have such access; most tier 1 workers are just at call centers, and are uscis contractors;

-- as of driver license,  uscis is at federal government level,  while drive license is at state level, uscis has nothing to do with driver license

just my two cents,  that is how i try to see things from other point of view, that is one of reasons i am not that frustrated or stressed out during this whole process, i guess. 

having said all that,  i didnt mean to upset you or anything like that,  just trying to see if i can be reasoning something from other perspectives

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your insight and thank you for your comforts.

I don't want to sound like complaint but actually here are more details:

I came at 8AM as the 1st appointment. The original officer (who is pregnant) already told me that she can issue me an 1-year extension and also said it would be fine to renew driver license. I really appreciate she is nice and very helpful!!

Then the mean lady was just denied all that pregnant lady said and insisted giving me the half-year stamp, but I guess she is sweet lady so the sweet lady couldn't find me any more.

I actually saw this mean lady last year too when I came in for a stamp for my employment because my work didn't approve for the GC + extension letter as employment authorization.

I have begged her 20mins and she finally agreed to stamp.

Anyway I have submitted my N-400 and hoping to finally ending the waiting period. 

I totally agree it's on their free will. And I shared my experience not really meaning to complain. Just want to let people know sometimes you just got a bad luck and meet an unfriendly officer so better prepare all the documents (which is all the booked flights, hotels, driving renewal notice and etc, which I have brought them all.) I should have modified my wording better earlier so it will be more positive!

Thanks again :)

52 minutes ago, KYUK said:

We received approval for my husband's case today.  NOA May 23rd 2017, Case starts EAC17236

Congrats!

21 minutes ago, THG said:

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your insight and thank you for your comforts.

I don't want to sound like complaint but actually here are more details:

I came at 8AM as the 1st appointment. The original officer (who is pregnant) already told me that she can issue me an 1-year extension and also said it would be fine to renew driver license. I really appreciate she is nice and very helpful!!

Then the mean lady was just denied all that pregnant lady said and insisted giving me the half-year stamp, but I guess she is sweet lady so the sweet lady couldn't find me any more.

I actually saw this mean lady last year too when I came in for a stamp for my employment because my work didn't approve for the GC + extension letter as employment authorization.

I have begged her 20mins and she finally agreed to stamp.

Anyway I have submitted my N-400 and hoping to finally ending the waiting period. 

I totally agree it's on their free will. And I shared my experience not really meaning to complain. Just want to let people know sometimes you just got a bad luck and meet an unfriendly officer so better prepare all the documents (which is all the booked flights, hotels, driving renewal notice and etc, which I have brought them all.) I should have modified my wording better earlier so it will be more positive!

Thanks again :)

Congrats!

thanks for sharing, really appreciate that :D

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I don't blame the officers themselves, but the policy is ridiculous. The wait is because they can't process applications in a reasonable time. Everyone should get an automatic 1 year extension, not this weird completely arbitrary system.

We got lucky and got a 1 year extension, but it shouldn't be luck. But again, my complaint is with USCIS not the individual officers.

On 5/9/2018 at 7:31 PM, 8856 said:

Hi everyone, I have been visiting this great website for more than three years and have learned a lot from all the generous people here who shared their views.

I just wanna post my ROC timeline so that it could be helpful information for other people.

I mailed out my application on May 24th, 2017, my service center is VSC, and this year on April 9th, my case was transfered to my local office.

On May 1st, my application was approved, on May 9th, the new card was mailed to me, and on the same day, USPS has picked up the card.

If you have any questions, I am glad to help.

Good luck to all of you guys and gals!

Capture.PNG

Is that normal mail or certified mail?

I am just wondering if it going to come as any regular mail.

5 hours ago, gc@gc said:

I am not trying to pick up a fight or something with you, but with all due respect, I have to disagree with you. 

- As a permanent resident lawfully present in US, a I 751 filer has every right to seek transparency when it comes to how IO issues a stamp. If a government unfairly treat immigrants this way without a standard operation procedure, it would not only jeoparidize trust between each element within US society, but also, more importantly, lose credibility and authorities when USCIS makes decisions. 

Additionally, an USCIS employee is a professional, who is required to perform duties as dictated by laws and regulations, not by some kind of personal feeling. If USCIS does not follow its own guidance, what is different to Mexican drug cartel or gang members?.... 

If they can't perform the duties described and dictated by applicable laws, they are more than welcome to resign and look for another career opportunities. 

- I do agree IO has every right to request travel documents if it is necessary when determining how many months stamp should be valid

- As a I 751 filer, he or she pays huge amounts of money to USCIS, which is fine since it was that person's free wills to live in U.S. If minded, that person can simply leave U.S., right?

All he/she is asking for more detailed information is accountability, after paying the expensive application filing fees and waiting for such a long time. Again, it is kind of similar that an individual seeking immigration benefits has a right to seek a transparency for the same reason.

Can you ever imagine that you order amazon's product, and it is not delivered to your address for an year without explanation, and when you contact their customer service center, all they say is just wait, even without apologies? 

Yes, I do have to admit that USCIS business has different nature than Amazon's business, I 751 filer pays huge amounts of money and waiting time is well beyond what USCIS had promised. They say I 751 would  be processed within an year, which is why the extension letter was 1 year, but since the promise was broken, don't you think, at the bare minimum, a I 751 filer has a right to seek for more information? 

While USCIS reserves a right to request a reasonable account when material facts are not clear by using RFE, it would be only unfair if I 751 filer does not have any right to request any reasonable accounts of why I 751 process has taken such a long time. Plus, while it is true that Tier1 CSR is an outsourcing employee, who doesnt know anything about how the agency works, since USCIS has been proudly marketing "if there are any questions, please call to this number", so ultimately it is their logic to ask more information about how the process works and why it takes such a long time. People are making a call because USCIS creates a marketing to give a call to that number and talk to Tier 1. 

- While it is true that USCIS is a federal agency and driving license is state affair, one of USCIS's core mission is to provide immigration benefits that are related to life qualities for immigrants, one of which includes driver license, especially taking into account that US is a well developed country without good public transportation. This could be interpreted in other ways (meaning it is sloppy way to interpret my perspective), but by showing "your driver license is not my business" attitude, USCIS is only failing its own core mission by failing to serve immigrants with immigration benefits. 

Additionally, this types of ping-pong power games between each agency can be often well-witnessed in 3rd world... not in the land of opportunities and freedom that a citizen is proud to be an American. (And I am sure no body here was interested in immigrating to another 3rd world country, where ping-pong games occur). 

So being all that said, I have to agree with you that the way you perceive how it works during entire process can be really stress-free. Like just let it be and it will be processed at some days, and once citizenship is granted, it can be all forgotten in memory and even could be a good memory. But with all due respect again, I don't mean to upset you, but I have to disagree with you. Again, I just wanted to share my honest opinion and I am very well aware that my opinion doesn't matter as much as anyone's opinion doesn't matter to USCIS. They will just perform what they will have to do. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.