smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, MarkbK1 said:

Yeaay - milestone day :)

And keep on waiting... 

180.jpg

Next week is your week!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
34 minutes ago, NateAndJessica said:

This is going to fall under lawyer question it sounds pretty serious... My understanding is using a visitor visa for more than 6 months is an overstay.

no, i was not in the usa.. i never overstayed my esta.

My exchange was to mexico. i am just unsure if i need to mention it or not..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Well my friends, I guess getting out of the country was what it took. We got approved November 10th. Not on any of the scans, the app still says case received, but when I got back from the Philippines and checked my mail, our hard copy of the NOA2 was there. So please keep the faith if you do not come up on one of Shoegum's scans (thanks sir), the Spinach app is quite useless in my opinion. Spent everyday in the Philippines checking our status and being disappointed when we were approved the whole time.

I temper my excitement as I know what it is like to see so many approvals around me and I was getting quite anxious and disappointed. Thank you all for your support and I hope my post gives some of you hope that you may be approved and not know it yet. This May 15th filer was well into the 180's (days) before approval. I also temper my excitement as this process is still obviously broken and I don't think I can feel comfortable until my dear gets her green card in two years. Anyway, we are approved and feeling blessed for that :)

Congrats and good luck with further steps!!!! :D

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, TNJ17 said:

Can someone explain to me what it means to be on Shoegum’s scans?

shoegum literally via a program scans the uscis website, in order, 1 number at a time, for all numbers in may. his program then compiles an updated list of uscis statuses in total for a general idea of trends... his info is no different than if you check your status yourself at the uscis case status website. except you can see how those around you are doing... its how i discovered my status is some weird outlier that only 15 others have "document sent" as opposed to "case received". His work can be very helpful and interesting but generally it means nothing for you personally if you check your case status yourself every once in a while

Edited by NateAndJessica

Timeline
2 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

Can someone explain to me what it means to be on Shoegum’s scans?

Also on a side note TNJ17 I noticed you listed Brasilia as your consulate. For all brazilian k1 interviews you will actually be going to Rio. If you change it here on your profile you will have a hyperlink added for reviews of the Rio consulate, that includes many giving advice for the interview there, its helpful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
9 minutes ago, NateAndJessica said:

shoegum literally via a program scans the uscis website, in order, 1 number at a time, for all numbers in may. his program then compiles an updated list of uscis statuses in total for a general idea of trends... his info is no different than if you check your status yourself at the uscis case status website. except you can see how those around you are doing... its how i discovered my status is some weird outlier that only 15 others have "document sent" as opposed to "case received". His work can be very helpful and interesting but generally it means nothing for you personally if you check your case status yourself every once in a while

Thanks. Where does he get those scans from? From what I saw on other threads, you can see that some are approved before others before them were approved. Does that mean those were skipped? People on other threads acted like there was some kind of order being followed and you could see cases that were being worked on. Is that true? I apologize for all the questions but I don’t know how any of this works.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Thanks. Where does he get those scans from? From what I saw on other threads, you can see that some are approved before others before them were approved. Does that mean those were skipped? People on other threads acted like there was some kind of order being followed and you could see cases that were being worked on. Is that true? I apologize for all the questions but I don’t know how any of this works.

he just types the WAC #s in (actually a program does it for him I believe) you can type in anyone elses WAC number yourself also if you so choose.

no worries I understand how completely annoying the process is... short answer there is no discernible method to the madness its not specifically in order. many who were after you have already gone approved before you. even more frustrating many many are getting the first notice in the mail following being approved a week before without any website update ever. The general trend in shoegums list tells you your maybe very close to a noa2 approval. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, NateAndJessica said:

he just types the WAC #s in (actually a program does it for him I believe) you can type in anyone elses WAC number yourself also if you so choose.

no worries I understand how completely annoying the process is... short answer there is no discernible method to the madness its not specifically in order. many who were after you have already gone approved before you. even more frustrating many many are getting the first notice in the mail following being approved a week before without any website update ever. The general trend in shoegums list tells you your maybe very close to a noa2 approval. 

So, if there are numbers ahead of mine that have been approved it means I’m close to being approved too?

Timeline
1 minute ago, TNJ17 said:

So, if there are numbers ahead of mine that have been approved it means I’m close to being approved too?

maybe, its a mess. no one knows. but its likely soon.

Edited by NateAndJessica

Timeline
4 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

3 minutes ago, NateAndJessica said:

maybe, its a mess. no one knows. but its likely soon.

its not yet abnormal that your still waiting... some really unlucky souls without any known complications from the start of May are still waiting.

Timeline
1 minute ago, NateAndJessica said:

its not yet abnormal that your still waiting... some really unlucky souls without any known complications from the start of May are still waiting.

Ugh. This process is so stressful. Thanks for the info. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
11 hours ago, plyn1209 said:

Yup we sent an e-mail and got a response of them. Unfortunately our case aren't received yet. Maybe this coming week we'll try to call them. Hoping for good. In filing ds 160 case # from nvc is needed right?

I hope you here good news from the NVC soon. 

No you only need your USCIS case number in the DS-160 application. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.