smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, AJ001 said:

I just want to share my experience while waiting for our approval. My fiance was being grumpy this past few days because of waiting so long for the approval so I decided to try sending an email to CSC (just trying my luck). Then yeah, i got a message back after two days, it says there I am not allowed to have the i formation that i want because I am just the beneficiary under whatever law it is (im not sure). To make the story short, i got the approval after sending an email. Maybe its just a coincidence, well I don’t know.. Actually, I’m an the last applicant for 18th of MAY. 

Maybe this post doesn’t make sense to everyone but im just sharing.. maybe you want to try as well. It works on me maybe it works on you too... there’s no harm in trying.. 

Goodluck to all MAYers.. 

Congrats!!!

but it is normal for them not to give you information. You are a beneficiary. They are petitioning for you. So you are at the receiving line and have no power over those files. Because your partner signed them legally he/she owns them 😊

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Naes said:

@Kween(I couldn't find your post to quote)

Uscis did pick up their pace.. it was under average last month. But these two weeks (especially this week) are on their average. (Calculated based on their past numbers)

but some people especially were having problems last weeks with NVC, seems to be a problem in the system too. But yes it seems like it's taking them some time like that.

Dont get me wrong. A few people from around my date and a little before got our approvals 3 weeks ago. So if we are waiting for alot of mid may to be approved. March got theres around 3-4 months. April 4-5 months. May 5-6 months. And people now are getting close or getting over that 180 day mark. Slowed down in my opinion. And the people that have followed for months now, prob see the same thing. Just my opinion after following for 6 months.

Edited by K&N2609

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Naes said:

Congrats!!!

but it is normal for them not to give you information. You are a beneficiary. They are petitioning for you. So you are at the receiving line and have no power over those files. Because your partner signed them legally he/she owns them 😊

No only petitioner can call the USCIS and get info. Discussed many times in these forums. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K&N2609 said:

Dont get me wrong. A few people from around my date and a little before got our approvals 3 weeks ago. So if we are waiting for alot of mid may to be approved. Slowed down in my opinion. And the people that have followed for months now, prob see the same thing. Just my opinion after following for 6 months.

Oh I didn't mean to, I know it was extremely slow. For April and May filers they are going extremely slow even when they started the month it continued slow cause they are doing those two month together and it delays everything.

I am not guessing this I know because of the data we have that's why I said they are picking up. 

You can check the data for these numbers in may and June posts. I put all the data (although we talk a lot so it might have been buried)

Till last sat two weeks it was below 600 cases

two weeks ago it got to 700

and last week it got to 860

their lowest average is 745ish 😊

3 minutes ago, K&N2609 said:

No only petitioner can call the USCIS and get info. Discussed many times in these forums. 

? I'm sorry you probably quoted the wrong comment. I have no clue what you meant with no?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

Oh I didn't mean to, I know it was extremely slow. For April and May filers they are going extremely slow even when they started the month it continued slow cause they are doing those two month together and it delays everything.

I am not guessing this I know because of the data we have that's why I said they are picking up. 

You can check the data for these numbers in may and June posts. I put all the data (although we talk a lot so it might have been buried)

Till last sat two weeks it was below 600 cases

two weeks ago it got to 700

and last week it got to 860

their lowest average is 745ish 😊

Yeah i guess if you say 1 week above average is picking up the pace then cool haha. I mean i really hope that it is trending that way. I know when we all first did our petetions, we were hoping for a max 3 month wait for noa2 haha. Thanks for keeping up with the scans 

Edited by K&N2609

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thanks for clarifying as I've been noticing that USCIS have started to speed up a little bit I've been seeing multiple people on this website for him as well as on Facebook. A lot of people are stating that they are having a really hard time and longer process at NVC and when I look at previous people talking about it BVC it wasn't taking as long as it is now

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
Just now, AJ001 said:

Well I guess I am not aware of it.. im just a silent follower on this forum ^_^ i just shared my experience. 

Nah don't think it that way!! That's how everybody is repeating and learning it's not like just because a few people wrote it everybody reads that!  

Other people tried too and wrote about  it that's how I figured out where the word "beneficiary" puts us 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kween said:

Thanks for clarifying as I've been noticing that USCIS have started to speed up a little bit I've been seeing multiple people on this website for him as well as on Facebook. A lot of people are stating that they are having a really hard time and longer process at NVC and when I look at previous people talking about it BVC it wasn't taking as long as it is now

It makes sense...  If CSC speed up, it only makes sense that the 'overload' would be passed slowly to the NVC and they would start to slow down to deal with the increased flow of cases.

I am sure they will adjust and it wont be as serious - they seem much more adaptable than CSC!

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, K&N2609 said:

Yeah i guess if you say 1 week above average is picking up the pace then cool haha. I mean i really hope that it is trending that way. I know when we all first did our petetions, we were hoping for a max 3 month wait for noa2 haha. Thanks for keeping up with the scans 

Not really I never think it really picks up until I see 3 continuous weeks like this but if they go slower as an institution they will fail and they will suffer more than we are suffering here. So the expected is them to go back to at least to an average hence all the guessing.

but not the last three weeks shows a nice trendline upwards so all fingers closed for everyone who's left here.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Naes said:

Not really I never think it really picks up until I see 3 continuous weeks like this but if they go slower as an institution they will fail and they will suffer more than we are suffering here. So the expected is them to go back to at least to an average hence all the guessing.

but not the last three weeks shows a nice trendline upwards so all fingers closed for everyone who's left here.

Yup always hope the best for the great people here. Glad its trending up last couple of weeks.  Even picking up the pace it must be going slow still i guess. I would have expected alot of the may 11-18 members to have their NOA2 already, since they atleast started on those dates about 3 weeks ago

Edited by K&N2609

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Shoegum said:

Congrats!! If the house is near you maybe you can let them know to expect a letter with your name and you can pick it up after a week. I would contact USCIS tonight or tomorrow and have them update the address. 

I am actually the beneficiary. So is it very important to update the house number?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, K&N2609 said:

Yup always hope the best for the great people here. Glad its trending up last couple of weeks.  Even picking up the pace it must be going slow still i guess. I would have expected alot of the may 11-18 members to have their NOA2 already, since they atleast started on those dates about 3 weeks ago

You're so right! I think they just want to look like they touched all over May, so they can use it for reporting and get lastrequests from petitioners.

well all of us only want things to get better.  Not everybody will have a positive view in these numbers and that's how we get our reality checks as I know I'm being pretty optimistic with the numbers 😊😊 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Naes said:

You're so right! I think they just want to look like they touched all over May, so they can use it for reporting and get lastrequests from petitioners.

well all of us only want things to get better.  Not everybody will have a positive view in these numbers and that's how we get our reality checks as I know I'm being pretty optimistic with the numbers 😊😊 

Haha yeah. you run the numbers so you will definitely know what's going on better then me. Just makes me upset to think that its taking so long for may to finish. And the thing about them doing april and may together and thats why it slowed down. Im pretty sure they will start dipping into june soon and then it will just be may/june combined. Which will suck for the people still waiting.

Edited by K&N2609

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.