smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

My wedding date is 12/30/2017 and I'm holding on to faith that we can keep that date although my venue is fully aware about the possibility of our date being changed if necessary. As long as he can get here 2-3 before the wedding, things will be fine.

That is VERY aggressive.  I wish you the best.  Hopefully you will get your NOA2 before Oct 17th.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

You should be okay for your wedding day! Once you get the NOA2, everything moves faster and is based on how fast you and your fiancé want things to go. Things move much faster after the NOA2.

My wedding date is 12/30/2017 and I'm holding on to faith that we can keep that date although my venue is fully aware about the possibility of our date being changed if necessary. As long as he can get here 2-3 before the wedding, things will be fine.

16 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is VERY aggressive.  I wish you the best.  Hopefully you will get your NOA2 before Oct 17th.  

How come it is very aggressive? Assuming she gets her NOA2 by November 1 (which is late imo), from what I've seen from other people, it will take 1.5 months for the rest of the process which would make it December 15. Her fiance can then easily fly in after and the two can get married and live happily ever after

Edited by K1VisaApplicant05

Just now, John & Rose said:

Thanks and yes it aggressive but not really.

My fiancé pretty much has everything squared away minus his medical exam/interview. The police certificate, and certificate of non-impediment will only take 2-3 days for him to get. He has his immunization records, BC, and passport, and passport photos can be taken whenever. He can schedule his own interview and medical exam which based on what I've seen in my country's portal doesn't take long at all . I already have my AOS filled out, have my W-2's, previous tax transcripts (I do my own taxes), and my employment letter I can do as quick as a click of button (literally), the letters of intent I have already updated with the dates and since I'm gonna attend his interview, he and I will sign them when I go back there. Additional proof of ongoing relationship will not be hard as we text and video call each other every single day, I was just down there to visit him May (I was gonna go this weekend for the holiday but I'm trying to wait this NOA2 thing out) so we have that squared away too.

It appears that JA doesn't mail out Packet 3/4 like before, although I have a copy of the letter from what a previous VJ member added to our portal so that's how I know what he needs to get done. Everything is done online so once we get the NVC stage and I see it say READY, he will fill out the DS-160, pay the fee online, and then schedule his medical and interview all at the same time.

If I go based on the estimated timeframe that VJ says currently, he could have a scheduled medical/interview at the middle to end of November early December. I plan on staying down there while we wait for the visa to get issued (although sometimes JA will ask the US petitioner when they are due to fly back and may process quickly as a courtesy so that it can be picked up in 2-3 days which is what I'm hoping for). Either way, if things go beyond Veterans Day and I don't have an NOA2, I will push my wedding date back to the following month. Everything as far as planning is going as scheduled so the only thing that will be left to do at the very last minute his getting him his suit and that will won't take long considering we're renting the suit and because he's average build, he won't need a lot of alterations.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Just now, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

How come it is very aggressive? Assuming she gets her NOA2 by November 1, from what I've seen from other people, it will take 1.5 months for the rest of the process which would make it December 15. Her fiance can then easily fly in after and the two can get married and live happily ever after

It's doable because JA foreigners don't have a lot things they have to do. His medical exam will be a breeze (he takes a mandatory one once a year as he is a certified CPR/lifeguard and prior to that he was a zip line tour guide) so he's current on his vaccinations. He doesn't smoke and drink and has a clean bill of health. He can schedule his interview himself and literally it can be 10 after the medical. Because K1 and spousal visas are unlimited when it comes to issuing out these visas, scheduling an interview for them kinda takes precedent before a non-immigrating visa in JA.

Either way, I'll leave it up to God to make things the way he and I pray them to be. But if not, I always have a backup to the backup.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

2 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Thanks and yes it aggressive but not really.

My fiancé pretty much has everything squared away minus his medical exam/interview. The police certificate, and certificate of non-impediment will only take 2-3 days for him to get. He has his immunization records, BC, and passport, and passport photos can be taken whenever. He can schedule his own interview and medical exam which based on what I've seen in my country's portal doesn't take long at all . I already have my AOS filled out, have my W-2's, previous tax transcripts (I do my own taxes), and my employment letter I can do as quick as a click of button (literally), the letters of intent I have already updated with the dates and since I'm gonna attend his interview, he and I will sign them when I go back there. Additional proof of ongoing relationship will not be hard as we text and video call each other every single day, I was just down there to visit him May (I was gonna go this weekend for the holiday but I'm trying to wait this NOA2 thing out) so we have that squared away too.

It appears that JA doesn't mail out Packet 3/4 like before, although I have a copy of the letter from what a previous VJ member added to our portal so that's how I know what he needs to get done. Everything is done online so once we get the NVC stage and I see it say READY, he will fill out the DS-160, pay the fee online, and then schedule his medical and interview all at the same time.

If I go based on the estimated timeframe that VJ says currently, he could have a scheduled medical/interview at the middle to end of November early December. I plan on staying down there while we wait for the visa to get issued (although sometimes JA will ask the US petitioner when they are due to fly back and may process quickly as a courtesy so that it can be picked up in 2-3 days which is what I'm hoping for). Either way, if things go beyond Veterans Day and I don't have an NOA2, I will push my wedding date back to the following month. Everything as far as planning is going as scheduled so the only thing that will be left to do at the very last minute his getting him his suit and that will won't take long considering we're renting the suit and because he's average build, he won't need a lot of alterations.

I will pray that you make it on time.  In the Philippines they average right around 60 days from NOA2 to interview and then another 10 days before VOH.  I truly hope they are much quicker there.  I assume that the Embassy in Manila is much busier than Kingston!

Here is to wishing you a beautiful December Wedding to remember!!!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

I will pray that you make it on time.  In the Philippines they average right around 60 days from NOA2 to interview and then another 10 days before VOH.  I truly hope they are much quicker there.  I assume that the Embassy in Manila is much busier than Kingston!

Here is to wishing you a beautiful December Wedding to remember!!!

It's about 5-7 days before VOH and based on timelines I've seen on here in my portal from NOA2 to interview is about 35-50 days. Considering he doesn't have to wait for the Kingston Embassy to send him Packet 3 and Packet 4 can be done with Packet 3 simultaneously, I believe that helps.

But thank you very much! Either way, if we have to push it back a month we will.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Congratulations on your NOA2!  It was a long 5 months but you made it!

Hopefully you are on top of all the other requirements.  Things like police certificates, DS-160s, scheduling medical exams, scheduling the interview, etc...

There is a lot to do and once you receive the NVC # you have a lot of control as to how fast things move.

The NVC# is used for tracking your visa application.  It is also used when you schedule the interview and the medical exam.

thanks a lot

NVC # is only used for tracking right it does not have any use in DS 160

please also let me when should I take my medical and which vaccines will be required pre interview?

15 minutes ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

How come it is very aggressive? Assuming she gets her NOA2 by November 1 (which is late imo), from what I've seen from other people, it will take 1.5 months for the rest of the process which would make it December 15. Her fiance can then easily fly in after and the two can get married and live happily ever after

Actually, the fastest time from NOA2 to interview is around 45 days.  The average is between 60 and 90.  Then the AP time is also a very open question.  Most get their visas after about 10 days.  Some wait for 30.  

So all of your estimated are based on the very best case scenario.  A more realistic puts the interview 60 days after the NOA2.  If NOA2 is Nov 1, that would put the interview at Jan 1.  Add 10 days for VOH and you are at Jan 11.  You also deal with the US in that wonderful time of year between Thanksgiving and New Years.  That will slow things down but hopefully not too much.  I know how my office is during that time of year.  

I do believe that their schedule is doable but it will take a lot of things falling into place.  I hope they make it but part of my regular job is to manage expectations on multi billion dollar capital programs.  The numbers I see may be skewed because of the strain of my own wait but I see them as reasonable and that is why I hope they get their NOA2 much sooner than Nov 1.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, vml said:

Can anyone help me find out.. How u guys count ur number of days between noa1 to noa2.... Are u include the weekends...or without 

If you download the tracker app it shows the days your file has been active also. 

USCISApp https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uscisapp/id633825914

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
52 minutes ago, BJCHEW said:

139Days here, I'm so so so so worried about I can't reach the wedding day (Feb) !  Suddenly, I feel don't want to leave my family and hometown,  anyone has that same feeling? 

We have moved many dates already unfortunately. However, we had no idea we would be today at 196 days with no NOA2. Looks like my situation is not the majority so wish you all the luck. 

10 minutes ago, Alice L said:

thanks a lot

NVC # is only used for tracking right it does not have any use in DS 160

please also let me when should I take my medical and which vaccines will be required pre interview?

Schedule your medical as soon as you get the NVC#.  The immunizations are included in the medical cost.  The shots include: 

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • polio
  • tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
  • pertussis
  • influenzae type b (Hib)
  • hepatitis B
  • varicella
  • pneumococcal and
  • influenza

I'm not sure if every country gives every shot but they will be included in your medical fee.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

You should be okay for your wedding day! Once you get the NOA2, everything moves faster and is based on how fast you and your fiancé want things to go. Things move much faster after the NOA2.

We're planning for that wedding date as well.. Thought 7.5 months would've been plenty of time to meet that date, but with the way things are going, I'm not too hopeful..

6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Schedule your medical as soon as you get the NVC#.  The immunizations are included in the medical cost.  The shots include: 

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • polio
  • tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
  • pertussis
  • influenzae type b (Hib)
  • hepatitis B
  • varicella
  • pneumococcal and
  • influenza

I'm not sure if every country gives every shot but they will be included in your medical fee.

THANKS

YOU WILL GET YOUR APPROVAL SOON

10 minutes ago, Alice L said:

THANKS

YOU WILL GET YOUR APPROVAL SOON

We are all hoping.  I just hope that things pick up for all of us!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.