smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

:)

guys and girls, just to keep the discussion alive a little more (sorry :P), is anyone doing anything regarding the post-NOA2 paperwork and other steps to follow? do you think it's too early (since something might change, like the forms themselves for example)?

we've been researching a little on how the affidavit of support works and how to do it with a joint sponsor which we'll be needing (the K1 guide here isn't detailed at all about this, is it possible to contribute by expanding it a little?).

anyway! what about you? 

16 minutes ago, Matiela said:

:)

guys and girls, just to keep the discussion alive a little more (sorry :P), is anyone doing anything regarding the post-NOA2 paperwork and other steps to follow? do you think it's too early (since something might change, like the forms themselves for example)?

we've been researching a little on how the affidavit of support works and how to do it with a joint sponsor which we'll be needing (the K1 guide here isn't detailed at all about this, is it possible to contribute by expanding it a little?).

anyway! what about you? 

The joint sponsor would fill out a separate I-134 form for themselves and provide all the information necessary to required. The petitioner does the same.

Next month, probably around mid-late August, my fiance will go to get his immunization records to see what vaccines he has left to get before the medical although he's says he should be current because of his current job and previous jobs require him to be. 

I plan on going to visit him again (probably twice before I go back to attend his interview with him) which will help with the ongoing relationship part for the embassy although I'm not all that worried about that. 

I probably won't start my I-134 paperwork until the end of August or so because for me, I'm not self-employed and I do my own taxes. My income is overly sufficent (so the government says), and getting a letter of employment from my job doesn't take long.

My Fiance will request his police record and certificate of non-impediment probably the same day that I get the case# from the NVC because he can request it based on how fast he needs it. The quicker he needs it the more it cost, regular processing is cheaper. 

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

The joint sponsor would fill out a separate I-134 form for themselves and provide all the information necessary to required. The petitioner does the same.

Next month, probably around mid-late August, my fiance will go to get his immunization records to see what vaccines he has left to get before the medical although he's says he should be current because of his current job and previous jobs require him to be. 

I plan on going to visit him again (probably twice before I go back to attend his interview with him) which will help with the ongoing relationship part for the embassy although I'm not all that worried about that. 

I probably won't start my I-134 paperwork until the end of August or so because for me, I'm not self-employed and I do my own taxes. My income is overly sufficent (so the government says), and getting a letter of employment from my job doesn't take long.

My Fiance will request his police record and certificate of non-impediment probably the same day that I get the case# from the NVC because he can request it based on how fast he needs it. The quicker he needs it the more it cost, regular processing is cheaper. 

So which paperwork do you start with first? I dont think I'll be needing the affidavit sponsor because of my savings. So I'd just fill one out for myself. I'll print that sometime this month or next month just to have it ready. 

When should the medical be scheduled? As soon as you receive the noa2 while you wait for the interview? We figured that's when we would request police records. The certificate of non impediment, is that the same thing as the background check?

So the aos, the medical, and the background check. Are those pretty much the three things we need to do for the interview? Aside of bringing the passport photos, etc

26 minutes ago, Kpetraska said:

So which paperwork do you start with first? I dont think I'll be needing the affidavit sponsor because of my savings. So I'd just fill one out for myself. I'll print that sometime this month or next month just to have it ready. 

When should the medical be scheduled? As soon as you receive the noa2 while you wait for the interview? We figured that's when we would request police records. The certificate of non impediment, is that the same thing as the background check?

So the aos, the medical, and the background check. Are those pretty much the three things we need to do for the interview? Aside of bringing the passport photos, etc

You have to provide a completed and signed I-134/Affidavit of Support along with supporting documentation that you meet the poverty requirements based on your household, for example, right now my household is 2 (me and my son) when I list the total dependents it will be 3 because you have to list the beneficiary (your fiance) on the form. If you are a joint sponsor, they will have to list all their dependents plus the beneficiary. For supporting documentation is really gonna be case by case basis. While I will get a letter from my bank(s), I know that for me and my Embassy, all I really need is the employment letter and at least 2 months worth of paystubs. And I will have my tax returns and W2s but doubt they need that because my salary will be printed on the employment letter which will match what's on mt paystub.

I'm not giving them my bank statements because it's not needed as I'm not self employed and have all the necessary information to show my income meets the requirement. Most times, if someone's income is under, then money in your savings can help push them over to meet the poverty requirements. 

The medical in Jamaica must be scheduled at least 10 days before the interview. My fiance will be scheduling his as soon as he does packet 3 and 4 since it's done online and once he pays the visa fee, it all can be done simultaneously. I wouldn't schedule it as soon as I get the NOA2 because it takes 2-3 weeks to go from USCIS to the NVC and 3 days to a week from the NVC to the embassy. That's why I'm scheduling it once I get my case# from the NVC, you can't go any further until you get the case#. I believe the best demonstrated practice would be to not schedule it greater than 30 days but check with other members in your country's portal to see what they recommend. 

The certificate of non-impediment is a document from their country certifying that the beneficiary is legal and able to marry so it's not a background check. 

Each embassy is different but the standard is police record, certificate of non-impediment, passport photos, updated letters of intent to marry signed by each of you (make sure you change the date from the initial letter) I-134 with supporting docs, medical and proof of ongoing relationship.

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

me and my fiance received our first NOA on May 15th. I check the USCIS webpage every day for updates. Even though I have the job of my dreams here in Iceland, I can't wait to be with my fiance and my parents in the US. Look forward to spending this time with you all.

1 minute ago, Adam_Bauer said:

Hi Everyone, 

me and my fiance received our first NOA on May 15th. I check the USCIS webpage every day for updates. Even though I have the job of my dreams here in Iceland, I can't wait to be with my fiance and my parents in the US. Look forward to spending this time with you all.

Welcome to the wait party!!!!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Welcome to the wait party!!!!

Thanks! And I see you are in Newark. My fiance lives in Dover! I lived with her for a month there before I had to exit the country when my Student visa expired :( That was in January. Hope to be back to Dover sooner rather than later. 

Timeline

Oh I have one question for the group. I am the beneficiary. Has anyone had their beneficiary or, if you are the beneficiary, have you gone to visit your fiancé in the States after filing for the K-1? I really want to go visit her in Delaware and my parents in California, but I worry about being turned around by immigration. I mean, I obviously do have intent to immigrate eventually (even though my intent on the tourist visa would only be to visit). 

If so, did you bring proof of ties to the country and did you face hard questions by the immigration officer? 

best, 

Adam 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Happy Fourth of July, everyone! ♥

You guys should try to register (tada, it's free!!!) for USPS Informed Delivery! It's helpful to track NOA2. I know most of us expect it around August ish, but who knows, my friend is a 69 days filer and got her NOA2 already few weeks ago.

Sign up at www.usps.com and after signing, go to this website: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action. USCIS uses USPS as their courier, once registered for informed delivery, USPS will send you emails about the mails you're receiving for the day, with a photo of it too. :)

April 28, 2017- I-129F packet sent to Dallas Lockbox

May 1, 2017 - NOA1 Received Date

May 3, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Sept 28, 2017 - NOA2

Oct 12, 2017 - Case Number AT NVC

Oct 17- IN TRANSIT
                         Oct 18 -  READY

Oct 16 & 17, 2017 - Medical
Oct 24, 2017 - Interview, approved!

Oct 25 - Administrative Processing

Oct 26 - Issued
Oct 25, 2017 - CFO Seminar

Nov 2, 2017 - Visa on hand
Nov 13, 2017 - POE, Seattle

Dec 16, 2017 - Wedding day

Timeline
9 hours ago, Adam_Bauer said:

Hi Everyone, 

Welcome to the club!

Download the USCIS tracker too. It's available for iOs and Android. :)

Sept 28, 2017 - NOA2

Oct 17- IN TRANSIT
                         Oct 18 -  READY

Oct 26 - Issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, smilei said:

Happy Fourth of July, everyone! ♥

You guys should try to register (tada, it's free!!!) for USPS Informed Delivery! It's helpful to track NOA2. I know most of us expect it around August ish, but who knows, my friend is a 69 days filer and got her NOA2 already few weeks ago.

Sign up at www.usps.com and after signing, go to this website: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action. USCIS uses USPS as their courier, once registered for informed delivery, USPS will send you emails about the mails you're receiving for the day, with a photo of it too. :)

Wow first I've heard of this. I will give it a try.

Thanks

Timeline
3 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Wow first I've heard of this. I will give it a try.

Thanks

My friends fiances who are on a K1 visa too mentioned this to me, I'm really glad they did. :)

Sept 28, 2017 - NOA2

Oct 17- IN TRANSIT
                         Oct 18 -  READY

Oct 26 - Issued

13 hours ago, Adam_Bauer said:

Oh I have one question for the group. I am the beneficiary. Has anyone had their beneficiary or, if you are the beneficiary, have you gone to visit your fiancé in the States after filing for the K-1? I really want to go visit her in Delaware and my parents in California, but I worry about being turned around by immigration. I mean, I obviously do have intent to immigrate eventually (even though my intent on the tourist visa would only be to visit). 

If so, did you bring proof of ties to the country and did you face hard questions by the immigration officer? 

best, 

Adam 

Hi Adam,

Just saw your post as I guess  I'm really a May filer...however i've been mostly on the April filer forum... We filed in April but received NOA1 5th May. I went to see my fiancee right after we filed our application and it was fine. I was super stressed and brought loads of stuff such as bank statements, letter from my employer and also the application with me. I was litterally though immigration in less than 5 min. They asked me some quick questions on where I was going to stay. I said my fiance and the immigration officer just asked some questions about what he does for a living, where we met etc and when we are gonna get married. I said Im not sure when we'll get married cos we just filed for K1 so whenever that come through and he was like oh ok good luck and sent me on my way. I didnt need to show any evidence but I would still bring some if I was you. My POE was JFK by the way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.