seau055

I-751 April 2017 Filers

1,736 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, MilaD said:

Hey guys, I have a quick question. I am in a predicament. I filed April 2017. My work needs me to travel around first week of April which is my GC expiration. I need to present that I am able to come back from EU and I am currently going through the process now of EU visa applications. Do you advise that I get an i-551 stamped on my passport for the visa and before traveling as there is no assurance that I will get my GC on time? Can you have it stamped as early as now February 2017 for an April expiry? Will they stamp it? 

I read you have to wait 30 days before your expiration date for a stamp but in some cases  they can do it ,  my advice get an infopass app and explain the officer your case I’m sure they will understand and give you the stamp. Good luck ! 

22 minutes ago, njblue said:

I read you have to wait 30 days before your expiration date for a stamp but in some cases  they can do it ,  my advice get an infopass app and explain the officer your case I’m sure they will understand and give you the stamp. Good luck ! 

I guess it all depend on the officer that attend to you. I got a stamp in my passport 2 months after I received my extension letter last year. The officer asked me why I want the stamp and I simply answered her that my extension letter and/or green may get lost anytime I travel internationally. She gave me the stamp; extending my green card by a year from the expiration date on my green card. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/13/2018 at 8:12 AM, Bella1464 said:

HAHA, same here~! trying not to check my status online either, but doesn't always work <_<:D

Haha seriously! Patience is so hard!

K-1 Visa:                                                                             ROC:

04-16-2014 - I-129F Petition filed                                   04-04-2017 - Mailed ROC application

05-30-2014 - NOA2 Approved                                         04/20/2017 - NOA received

09-10-2014 - Interview- VISA APPROVED                      05/12/2017 - Biometrics

01-10-2015 - POE: San Francisco                                    06/06/2018 - I-551 Stamp in passport

01-12-2015 - Married                                                         11/28/2018 - Joint I-751 & N400 Interview
                                                                                              11/29/2018 - Approved 

AOS:                                                                                       Naturalization:

02-26-2015 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP                              27-03-2018 - Filed online application
03-12-2015 - NOA received for AOS, EAD & AP              04/03/2018 - Biometrics
04-13-2015 - Biometrics                                                     10/24/2018 - "Interview Scheduled" status
05-21-2015 - EAD/AP combo card delivered                  11/28/2018 - Interview
06-24-2015 - Interview for AOS, Approved.                     11/30/2018 - Status: "In Line for Oath Ceremony"
07-09-2015 - Green card in hand                                       01/17/2019 - Oath Ceremony

11 hours ago, journeymanprof said:

Some March 2017 filers are starting to receive their GCs... another month or so and it should be our turn!

Sounds like music to my ears!!!!

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

• 2 weeks later...

Any California applicants got approved from Jan/Feb/March atleast? I see Vermont filers of March 2017 getting their approvals. Thanks you guys. Stay strong everyone! We are all in this together.

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi everyone we are getting closer to our approvals , please update your info and let us know if any news on your end. I saw someone from April 2017 vsc , saying got un  update on his file being transferred to local office, I guess they working on April fillers !!     Good luck everyone!! 

2 hours ago, njblue said:

Hi everyone we are getting closer to our approvals , please update your info and let us know if any news on your end. I saw someone from April 2017 vsc , saying got un  update on his file being transferred to local office, I guess they working on April fillers !!     Good luck everyone!! 

Hi njblue,

That's what I'm also thinking too. Getting excited about our turn this March and praying it will be a smooth process for all April filers! :) Hold on tight everyone!

710-23-2014 - K1 interview (Phils): Approved
10-31-2014 - K1 Visa received
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
03-20-2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Submission (day 0) ** date I submitted ***
03-24-2015 - NOA1 received (day 4)
03-27-2015 - NOA1 hard copies received (day 7)
04-06-2015 - Biometrics letter hard copy received (day 17)
04-16-2015 - Biometrics Appointment (day 27)
05-01-2015 - USCIS changed to Interview is scheduled (day 42)
05-06-2015 - Hardcopy of interview notice received ( I-797 C, NOA) (day 46)
06-02-2015- Conditional GC got approved (day 82) 
06-08-2015- Hard copy of Welcome notice received via mail (day 88)
06-10-2015- Actual GC received via mail  (day 90)
ROC
4/06/17 - Sent package (day 0)
4/7/17 -  USCIS received package (day 1) NOA date
4/14/17 - check encashed (day 😎
4/15/17 - NOA 1 received (day 9)
4/22/17 - Biometrics notice date (day 16)
4/29/17 - Biometrics notice letter received (day 23)
5/9/17 - Biometrics done (day 33)
3/19/18 - Case approved
3/23/18 - Approval letter received
4/6/18 - Actual 10-yr GC received 
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - filed N400 online (Friday) (day 0)
4/27/18 - paid/payment received (day 0)
4/27/18 - NOA date
5/21/18 - Biometrics done
7/25/18 - Interview letter date
8/31/18 - Scheduled interview. Got approved!
9/20/18 - Naturalization ceremony in Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

52 minutes ago, JeanneSs said:

Just checked the receipt number on I797 and it says my case was received by local office on 02/24/18. 

What does it mean when you say that your case was received by a local office?

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, JeanneSs said:

So I just got off the phone with L2 officer and she confirmed cases are being transferred to local offices due to backlog. She also congratulated me and said my case has been approved today...NOA date 04/05/17

OH WOW~ Congratulations! I'm assuming you are a Vermont filer?

1 minute ago, JeanneSs said:

Vermont filer but my case was transferred to my local office on 02/24/18

Got it! I wonder if it's just Vermont filers being transferred to their local offices or California too?! 

Just now, Bella1464 said:

Got it! I wonder if it's just Vermont filers being transferred to their local offices or California too?! 

2 minutes ago, JeanneSs said:

Vermont filer but my case was transferred to my local office on 02/24/18

It's super fast though, like 2 days later. Lol. That's awesome 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.