8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, krizia said:

You can ask first if they got ur packet from uscis or if they received your case. You have to provided ur WAC number to them, they will look it on their system and tell you if they got it and from they if they said yes you can ask if ur case number is ready. They will ask you some verification.

Oh alright! Seems clear to me. Thanks so much! Such a big help :-) Good luck on getting yours! I hope you get it very soon :jest:

Timeline
Just now, Sallysyrup said:

Oh alright! Seems clear to me. Thanks so much! Such a big help :-) Good luck on getting yours! I hope you get it very soon :jest:

when was ur approval on the hardcopy? When are you gonna call?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sallysyrup said:

very much welcome. anytime ;)

yours too!! nvc should be more faster now. are you Philippines? Lets meet! Lol

Timeline
1 minute ago, krizia said:

very much welcome. anytime ;)

yours too!! nvc should be more faster now. are you Philippines? Lets meet! Lol

Yes I am here now with my fiance. I'll be accompanying him with the process :-) Where are you from? Oh! And abt the nvc number, do I call the immigrant number or the nonimmigrant? I'm used to seeing the immigrant number but I'm not quite sure. Sorry for the questions :P

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sallysyrup said:

Yes I am here now with my fiance. I'll be accompanying him with the process :-) Where are you from? Oh! And abt the nvc number, do I call the immigrant number or the nonimmigrant? I'm used to seeing the immigrant number but I'm not quite sure. Sorry for the questions :P

I'm from manila Pasay to be exact near mall of asia! That is sooo sweet! So you will fly back with him there? Here's the number I call +1 603 334 0700 I use hangouts dialer on Android. Its not working on iOS.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, krizia said:

I'm from manila Pasay to be exact near mall of asia! That is sooo sweet! So you will fly back with him there? Here's the number I call +1 603 334 0700 I use hangouts dialer on Android. Its not working on iOS.

Oh wow my fiance is from Makati but we're currently here in Zambales because my parents are here as well. And yes, I'll be with him when he leaves :-) I bet you're excited to see your fiance very very soon :-) Alright! Just as I thought. I'll save your reply. Thanks so much! I have Hangouts too :jest:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, ajfaizad said:

Unfortunately I received my fiance visa form denied notification after 156 hard days of waiting. I don't know the reason yet, and I don't know what to do now! :(:(:(  

Just need to calm down, pull yourself together  and concentrate.

First you need to get an explanation and determine what the failure is based on

Then you need to do everything to exclude the moments that prevented.

And then you need to decide - reapply for a visa K-1 or for a visa  K-3

You are not the first who got the same situation. Just make a plan and move on it. It works ! 

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sallysyrup said:

Oh wow my fiance is from Makati but we're currently here in Zambales because my parents are here as well. And yes, I'll be with him when he leaves :-) I bet you're excited to see your fiance very very soon :-) Alright! Just as I thought. I'll save your reply. Thanks so much! I have Hangouts too :jest:

That is far lol Take care there two typhoon here currently :) 

Let me know what happen when u call.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, krizia said:

That is far lol Take care there two typhoon here currently :) 

Let me know what happen when u call.

I know :-( I saw it on the news. It's been raining since this morning. Thanks and you take care as well. I will send you an update :-)

Timeline

Hi! Question about the co/joint sponsor/s. I was just wondering about the poverty guidelines... how do I count the household members? My sister has a family so if we need to figure out the amount for us, does she include me as a dependent or just my fiance? or are we included in the count? Sorry for the question. I'm just really confused. Thanks to who'll answer.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sallysyrup said:

Hi! Question about the co/joint sponsor/s. I was just wondering about the poverty guidelines... how do I count the household members? My sister has a family so if we need to figure out the amount for us, does she include me as a dependent or just my fiance? or are we included in the count? Sorry for the question. I'm just really confused. Thanks to who'll answer.

A person who can be claimed as a dependent for tax purposes. The IRS defines a member of household as a relative, or a non-relative if that person lived with you for the entire tax year.
Tax filer + spouse + tax dependents = household

https://www.healthcare.gov/income-and-household-information/household-size/

Goodluck ! :)

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, CopperChem said:

2-3 weeks is the normal time from USCIS to NVC. Look at it this way, at least you got clear of the USCIS, the long part is done.

Yes I'm glad the long part is over... I thought this would go faster it still feels long 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone, my fiancee is on his way right now to Brisbane. He made it to Sydney so he's now on his last Trainlink train and will get there around 5am. I got to speak to him a few times today, and since we talk all the time non-stop, it's just so weird not really talking because of the bad reception. But on the bright side, today he will get there and tomorrow he will have his medical. Yay!!! I seriously can't wait to get this out of the way. He's feeling good and confident about the medical, and I am as well... such lovely people he spoke with on the phone. I think I'm just about obsessed at this point of the process, is this normal? LOL
In the meantime, I am trying to keep my mind off everything as much as possible because the overstimuation is making me too excited and antcy... (ADHD doesn't help.) so I've been trying to stay busy with course work in both my marketing and social science classes. I hope everyone is having a lovely night or day wherever each of you may be. xx

I will also be sure to update everyone with what happened, results, and all that awesome stuff.

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, amishbaby said:

Hey everyone, my fiancee is on his way right now to Brisbane. He made it to Sydney so he's now on his last Trainlink train and will get there around 5am. I got to speak to him a few times today, and since we talk all the time non-stop, it's just so weird not really talking because of the bad reception. But on the bright side, today he will get there and tomorrow he will have his medical. Yay!!! I seriously can't wait to get this out of the way. He's feeling good and confident about the medical, and I am as well... such lovely people he spoke with on the phone. I think I'm just about obsessed at this point of the process, is this normal? LOL
In the meantime, I am trying to keep my mind off everything as much as possible because the overstimuation is making me too excited and antcy... (ADHD doesn't help.) so I've been trying to stay busy with course work in both my marketing and social science classes. I hope everyone is having a lovely night or day wherever each of you may be. xx

I will also be sure to update everyone with what happened, results, and all that awesome stuff.

Best of luck! From what I've heard there shouldn't be any real issues at the medical stage, and hope he is of sound health!

• 04/11/2017 - I-129F Received - NOA1
  • 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/05/2017 - Response to NOID received
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 01/23/2018 - NVC received and given number
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/08/2018 - Consulate received
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical
  • 02/23/2018 - Interview - G22A: new passport requested due to name error
  • 06/03/2018 - New passport sent back to US Embassy
  • 14/03/2018 - Visa in hand
  • 15/03/2018 - POE (LAX, CA)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.