tarzaan

I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

Timeline
Just now, AndyGT said:

Finally received the notice of approval from the Texas Service Center, my priority date was March 9. The notice was dated October 3 and I received it today, October 7. Case status has still not been updated on their website and I never received any text or email notifications; so much for technology.

Best of luck to everyone else still waiting.

Congratulations!!

I hope we all hear some good news very soon...Praying!!!

Good luck with the next steps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, AndyGT said:

Finally received the notice of approval from the Texas Service Center, my priority date was March 9. The notice was dated October 3 and I received it today, October 7. Case status has still not been updated on their website and I never received any text or email notifications; so much for technology.

Best of luck to everyone else still waiting.

Congratulations. 

On 7-10-2017 at 5:40 PM, Vazquez520 said:

Still waiting patiently PD March 6.  Makes me nervous to see the ones that were filed after me get approved.

I feel the same, hard to stay positive...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Jacky U. said:

Nebraska is moving 🤗 several January filers have gotten approved yay finally 

Ohhh this is good news!

51 minutes ago, WCH said:

It is good news, but lets hope they don't get stuck on January files for another 3 months...

Someone from January 20th was approved so lets pray and hope they start moving quick

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Hey everyone, we've been following this topic for a while now. Thanks for all the hope and help and encouragement. 

About us:

I am Syrian, my wife is American. We both live in Istanbul. 

We filed March 13th, our office is Nebraska. NOA is March 17. 

We are still waiting, happy to hear from cases from January are being approved.

We have two questions.... maybe someone here can help us out?

1) We live in Turkey, and the news just came out that there will no longer be non-immigrant visas granted to Americans here. This is in response to America first cancelling issuance of all new visas to Turkish citizens. Do you think these circumstances could qualify us to request expedited processing? It's imminently possible if things continue to escalate that my wife and I will be separated... 

2) As I am Syrian, also of course we are concerned that I won't be eligible to get any visa, period, even if I am a spouse. Our attorney told us this shouldn't matter until the interview period, in which case the US consulate can grant us a waiver. Does anyone know about this, the waiver process? Is it true that if there is an all-out travel ban on Syria I can still get a waiver and be granted a spouse visa? 

Thank you all, we are so in admiration of your collective patience and strength. With regards to all, 

Bashar and Kat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
6 hours ago, WCH said:

It is good news, but lets hope they don't get stuck on January files for another 3 months...

I know i hope jan filers are few!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
21 hours ago, bashar26 said:

Hey everyone, we've been following this topic for a while now. Thanks for all the hope and help and encouragement. 

About us:

I am Syrian, my wife is American. We both live in Istanbul. 

We filed March 13th, our office is Nebraska. NOA is March 17. 

We are still waiting, happy to hear from cases from January are being approved.

We have two questions.... maybe someone here can help us out?

1) We live in Turkey, and the news just came out that there will no longer be non-immigrant visas granted to Americans here. This is in response to America first cancelling issuance of all new visas to Turkish citizens. Do you think these circumstances could qualify us to request expedited processing? It's imminently possible if things continue to escalate that my wife and I will be separated... 

2) As I am Syrian, also of course we are concerned that I won't be eligible to get any visa, period, even if I am a spouse. Our attorney told us this shouldn't matter until the interview period, in which case the US consulate can grant us a waiver. Does anyone know about this, the waiver process? Is it true that if there is an all-out travel ban on Syria I can still get a waiver and be granted a spouse visa? 

Thank you all, we are so in admiration of your collective patience and strength. With regards to all, 

Bashar and Kat

I can only answer your first question. Right now they are only suspending non-immigrant visas. So it has no affect on spousal visas. Therefore I don't think it's a reason to expedite since it's not affecting you at all. If you're both living in Turkey, what visas or permits do you have? If your wife already has a Turkish visa or permit that doesn't expire soon, then she can come & go with it until it expires.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Henry&Olga said:

198 Days and no NOA2 TSC PD march 27th... ive seen april filers approved what is happening.

TSC -April filers that already has been approved also sent the I 129 Form that's, I asked to every couple. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.