Cool_Immigrant

ROC Sending next week - is this sufficient?

23 posts in this topic

Hi folks, my ROC is due by April so I will be sending my package next week. I am so nervous missing anything. Do you think what I have for bona-fide evidence listed below is enough? Do I need to add remove anything? I really need your input. Thank you very much for your help!

I-751 Package

1. Cover Letter

a) I-751 Application and Payment documents

1. A check of $590 for I-751 filing fee ($505) and Biometrics fee ($85)

2. Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

3. A front and back copy of the Permanent Resident Card

b) Required and supportive documents showing our bona-fide marriage

1. Joint lease agreements /rent checks for the past two years (also a letter from landlord stating that we have been renting his house for the past two years, also in process of buying it now)

2. Joint checking account transactions (starting Feb-15, skipped 1 every 3 statements to reduce size of the package)

3. Joint savings account transactions

4. Joint credit cards information (copies of credit cards showing same account number, if different account number, I put random month's transaction history that shows both of our names) 

5. Joint tax returns for 2015 and 2016 (only tax and account transcripts)

6. Gift funds to Amber & Cem from Amber’s father (father-in-law left money to me and my wife shortly before he passed away last year)

7. Titles /Registration of our 4 cars (can't find title for one of the cars so included registration)

8. 401K showing spouse as beneficiary

9. Health Insurance

10. Eye /Dental Insurance

11. Auto Insurance

12. Life Insurance

13. Other Insurance

14. Durable Power of Attorney for Financial Management (both ways)

15. Healthcare Power of Attorney (me listing her as attorney since she is the only immediate family member I have in the US)

16. Electric /Internet Bills

17. Joint AAA membership

18. Joint Sam’s club membership

19. Pet adoption document for one of our cats

20. Affidavit letter from conditional resident’s parents

21. Affidavit letter from landlord

22. Affidavit letter from friends

22. Photos taken with family, co-workers and friends (40 photos taken in different occasions)

23. Various cards and letters

24. Mortgage application form (in process of getting a mortgage so we don't have the deed yet)

25. Copies of Driver’s Licenses

Looks great!

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

I think the filing fee has been raised already this year, around 680 something. You should check USCIS website again to make sure. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

BIG MISTAKE...

A check of $680  for I-751 filing fee ($595) and Biometrics fee ($85)

PLUS 

CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE

SPOUSE CITIZENSHIP ID,...

Edited by fatima.Iran

6 minutes ago, fatima.Iran said:

BIG MISTAKE...

A check of $680  for I-751 filing fee ($595) and Biometrics fee ($85)

10 minutes ago, ajyun said:

I think the filing fee has been raised already this year, around 680 something. You should check USCIS website again to make sure. 

Ouch $85 increase, economy will be blossoming the day I submit my application :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, fatima.Iran said:

Also add

• Form G - 1145

·         Two passport size photos with A# written on the back

This does not apply to ROC.  Pics will be taken at biometrics appointment. Form G-1145 doesn't apply either.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Cool_Immigrant said:

Thanks a lot for your input! Do you think 40 photos would be too much? We cut it down from 200 photos.

I think I sent about that much lol.  I think 200 would be overkill but 40 is probably ok.  Just as long as they show different events/people, you will be good.

25 minutes ago, Cool_Immigrant said:

Thanks a lot for your input! Do you think 40 photos would be too much? We cut it down from 200 photos.

You do not need photos for ROC, they are not required or needed. This was required at the AOS stage only. What they are looking for regarding your ROC application is proof of co-mingling finances during the full duration of your marriage. Nothing more, nothing less. But I will say this....Photos aside,  your evidence is fantastic!!!! so ditch the photos... Someone with a very weak case file would send these in a last ditch attempt to make their application strong, when in-fact photos are not required at all. ;)

heart.gif Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite heart.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I sent my file last week with about the same number of items, though slightly different. 

Table of Contents

1. Original Form I-751 filled and signed by Eva Paula and Daniel

2. Payment as required by USCIS - Personal Check in the amount of $680 for payment of the I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence + Biometric fee

3. Enlarged copy of Permanent Resident Card, front and back

4. Copy of passport biographic page for the U.S. Citizen Spouse

5. Copy of Certified marriage certificate

6. Copy of the Romanian Marriage Certificate showing that our marriage is registered in Romania as well

7. IRS tax returns from 2014, 2015 and 2016, married filing joint for all 3 years and showing our two different addresses 

8. Periodic bank statements from our joint checking accounts since our marriage (September 2014), showing a continuous and various financial co-mingling, such as rent payments, car loan payments, insurance payments, grocery shopping etc. For ease of review, on some of the statements we highlighted Daniel’s and Eva’s spending in two different colors, as well as their incomes, deposited in the same joint account.

9. Letter from Chase bank and credit card summary (also provided by Chase Bank) showing Eva Paula as credit card holder and Daniel as authorized user

10. Checking account summary, provided by Chase Bank, showing joint ownership

11. Recent payslips for both Eva Paula and Daniel, showing direct deposit of our income in the same joint checking account

12. Costco membership summary (provided by Costco) showing Daniel and Eva Paula’s joint membership since 9/15/2014 and our current address

13. Copy of the lease agreement listing us as joint tenants

14. Copy of the last utility bill showing our joint residency

15. Copy of statement from landlord upon move-out, and check for remaining amount from security deposit, both showing both of our names

16. Refund statement + check from State Farm Insurance, listing us jointly upon moving out

17. Copies of Daniel and Eva Paula’s 1095s for last year, showing that they were both covered under each other’s medical insurance

18. Copies of 2016 health insurance cards, showing us both covered under the same insurance plans

19. Copies of our current Health Insurance cards from Providence Health Services, showing us both covered under the same ongoing health insurance plan provided by Intel, Eva Paula’s employer

20. Copies of our HSA account cards, showing both of our names

21. Confirmation of enrollment letter from Intel for 2017, showing Eva’s health benefits coverage and Daniel listed as a dependent.

22. Latest Auto Insurance coverage summary from Progressive, showing Eva, Daniel and Victor (Daniel’s father) listed on the same auto insurance policy.

23. Plane boarding passes from our trip to Romania in August 2015

24. Trip invoice and hotel voucher from our travel agency for our vacation in Rhodes, Greece, August 2015

25. Plane boarding passes from our trip to Romania (through Budapest, and out of Bucharest) in Oct 2016

26. Copies of photos of us together at various events with family and friends throughout the years.

For photos, I only included about 15, printed on 3 regular pieces of paper total.

Hope this helps.

6 hours ago, evapaula said:

I sent my file last week with about the same number of items, though slightly different. 

Table of Contents

2. Payment as required by USCIS - Personal Check in the amount of $680 for payment of the I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence + Biometric fee

6. Copy of the Romanian Marriage Certificate showing that our marriage is registered in Romania as well

7. IRS tax returns from 2014, 2015 and 2016, married filing joint for all 3 years and showing our two different addresses 

8. Periodic bank statements from our joint checking accounts since our marriage (September 2014), showing a continuous and various financial co-mingling, such as rent payments, car loan payments, insurance payments, grocery shopping etc. For ease of review, on some of the statements we highlighted Daniel’s and Eva’s spending in two different colors, as well as their incomes, deposited in the same joint account.

9. Letter from Chase bank and credit card summary (also provided by Chase Bank) showing Eva Paula as credit card holder and Daniel as authorized user

11. Recent payslips for both Eva Paula and Daniel, showing direct deposit of our income in the same joint checking account

12. Costco membership summary (provided by Costco) showing Daniel and Eva Paula’s joint membership since 9/15/2014 and our current address

15. Copy of statement from landlord upon move-out, and check for remaining amount from security deposit, both showing both of our names

16. Refund statement + check from State Farm Insurance, listing us jointly upon moving out

17. Copies of Daniel and Eva Paula’s 1095s for last year, showing that they were both covered under each other’s medical insurance

18. Copies of 2016 health insurance cards, showing us both covered under the same insurance plans

19. Copies of our current Health Insurance cards from Providence Health Services, showing us both covered under the same ongoing health insurance plan provided by Intel, Eva Paula’s employer

21. Confirmation of enrollment letter from Intel for 2017, showing Eva’s health benefits coverage and Daniel listed as a dependent.

22. Latest Auto Insurance coverage summary from Progressive, showing Eva, Daniel and Victor (Daniel’s father) listed on the same auto insurance policy.

24. Trip invoice and hotel voucher from our travel agency for our vacation in Rhodes, Greece, August 2015

25. Plane boarding passes from our trip to Romania (through Budapest, and out of Bucharest) in Oct 2016

26. Copies of photos of us together at various events with family and friends throughout the years.

For photos, I only included about 15, printed on 3 regular pieces of paper total.

Hope this helps.

Sounds fantastic :-) Again, photos, boarding passes, hotel trips and copies of marriage certificate is not part of the ROC requirements - This was a requirement for AOS. You are already married which was what was established at the AOS stage. All ROC require is proof of joint co-mingling finances and a shared household together. Your application looks great though!

Edited by QueenComley

heart.gif Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite heart.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

my two cents:

Make sure everything you are sending covers the entire period of your marriage to date of sending in ROC paperwork.  I read most people sent in bank statements for the two year period.  We went to our credit union and had them draft a letter showing when my wife was put on my account.  We also had them put the balance of all our accounts (checking, saving, money market, IRA, etc).  The letter included the person's name, title, and a statement that said if there were any questions to contact her at the credit union.  Mind you this is a huge credit union.  After we got married we looked for a new church to join.  We had the church draft a letter that said when we both joined, what Sunday school we attend, and also sent the annual tithe statement we use for our tax deduction.  I might have missed this in your post but make sure your tax returns are the IRS tax transcript (not a copy of your tax return).  

God bless

John

44 minutes ago, JohnE said:

my two cents:

Make sure everything you are sending covers the entire period of your marriage to date of sending in ROC paperwork.  I read most people sent in bank statements for the two year period.  We went to our credit union and had them draft a letter showing when my wife was put on my account.  We also had them put the balance of all our accounts (checking, saving, money market, IRA, etc).  The letter included the person's name, title, and a statement that said if there were any questions to contact her at the credit union.  Mind you this is a huge credit union.  After we got married we looked for a new church to join.  We had the church draft a letter that said when we both joined, what Sunday school we attend, and also sent the annual tithe statement we use for our tax deduction.  I might have missed this in your post but make sure your tax returns are the IRS tax transcript (not a copy of your tax return).  

God bless

John

Hi John, read your advice. What if in our case, we just filed our taxes, and it is time for me to file my ROC( within 90 days) , do I have to wait for IRS tax transcript before sending our ROC package? I have the copy of turbo tax though plus the tracking that they received it but still not seen online. Thanks.

Edited by sweet01
710-23-2014 - K1 interview (Phils): Approved
10-31-2014 - K1 Visa received
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
03-20-2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Submission (day 0) ** date I submitted ***
03-24-2015 - NOA1 received (day 4)
03-27-2015 - NOA1 hard copies received (day 7)
04-06-2015 - Biometrics letter hard copy received (day 17)
04-16-2015 - Biometrics Appointment (day 27)
05-01-2015 - USCIS changed to Interview is scheduled (day 42)
05-06-2015 - Hardcopy of interview notice received ( I-797 C, NOA) (day 46)
06-02-2015- Conditional GC got approved (day 82) 
06-08-2015- Hard copy of Welcome notice received via mail (day 88)
06-10-2015- Actual GC received via mail  (day 90)
ROC
4/06/17 - Sent package (day 0)
4/7/17 -  USCIS received package (day 1) NOA date
4/14/17 - check encashed (day 😎
4/15/17 - NOA 1 received (day 9)
4/22/17 - Biometrics notice date (day 16)
4/29/17 - Biometrics notice letter received (day 23)
5/9/17 - Biometrics done (day 33)
3/19/18 - Case approved
3/23/18 - Approval letter received
4/6/18 - Actual 10-yr GC received 
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - filed N400 online (Friday) (day 0)
4/27/18 - paid/payment received (day 0)
4/27/18 - NOA date
5/21/18 - Biometrics done
7/25/18 - Interview letter date
8/31/18 - Scheduled interview. Got approved!
9/20/18 - Naturalization ceremony in Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

7 hours ago, evapaula said:

Table of Contents

Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing! Great list!

710-23-2014 - K1 interview (Phils): Approved
10-31-2014 - K1 Visa received
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
03-20-2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Submission (day 0) ** date I submitted ***
03-24-2015 - NOA1 received (day 4)
03-27-2015 - NOA1 hard copies received (day 7)
04-06-2015 - Biometrics letter hard copy received (day 17)
04-16-2015 - Biometrics Appointment (day 27)
05-01-2015 - USCIS changed to Interview is scheduled (day 42)
05-06-2015 - Hardcopy of interview notice received ( I-797 C, NOA) (day 46)
06-02-2015- Conditional GC got approved (day 82) 
06-08-2015- Hard copy of Welcome notice received via mail (day 88)
06-10-2015- Actual GC received via mail  (day 90)
ROC
4/06/17 - Sent package (day 0)
4/7/17 -  USCIS received package (day 1) NOA date
4/14/17 - check encashed (day 😎
4/15/17 - NOA 1 received (day 9)
4/22/17 - Biometrics notice date (day 16)
4/29/17 - Biometrics notice letter received (day 23)
5/9/17 - Biometrics done (day 33)
3/19/18 - Case approved
3/23/18 - Approval letter received
4/6/18 - Actual 10-yr GC received 
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - filed N400 online (Friday) (day 0)
4/27/18 - paid/payment received (day 0)
4/27/18 - NOA date
5/21/18 - Biometrics done
7/25/18 - Interview letter date
8/31/18 - Scheduled interview. Got approved!
9/20/18 - Naturalization ceremony in Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.