Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/29/2017 at 10:00 PM, piranda said:

did you guys try with a different bowser? safari , mozilla, chrome etc?

for eg everyone recommended to use mozilla firefox but for me it didn't work , the session was timed out before even filling in a row , so i did it with no interruption with safari..

i don't know , i am just suggesting...

Thank you! We tried a few different ones. Thankfully once we actually submitted it, it worked!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiancee got the documents today! So, no more worrying about them getting lost in the post! :) Now, we just patiently wait.... can't believe in only a few days we'll find out our interview appointment and schedule the medical. This is so crazy, and I'm flippen nervous, but extremely excited at the same time. I guess it's normal to fear the unthinkable, but more than likely we should get approved. I hope? *overthinking sucks*

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

8 hours ago, falcao79 said:

Finally Approved! 1 week shy of 6 months. Not sure if it was my service request ticket submitted last Friday or not that did the trick or the fact that I was almost at 6 months.

Congratulations!!!! Finally! :jest:

Happy for you. This approvals are such a relief. 

Wish you speedy and super easy the rest of the process. 

Edited by Kateryna_I

12 hours ago, Chubbylewie said:

Hey folks,

My fiancé passed her interview on Sept 1st. Just waiting for the visa to arrive, then  I will book the flight. We are very excited!!

It was a long wait to get the NOA2. After that things move really fast. 

Thank you for all the support and information.  I'm so happy I found this forum! 

Congratulations!!!! :dancing:

Have a happy ever after! ;)

Timeline
14 hours ago, NovaDC said:

They really have to wait outside. There's a few bench and you can also rent a chairbfor 15 pesos in a nearby store. Gosh business is really something there! Hahaha I started lining up at 4 am and my mama was with me but when i got inside the building i told her to just go to the hotel where we are staying. I dont want her to wait outside for long hours. We stayed in Casa Bocobo which is just near. I think Ann and her mama should also stay there. 

What time have u arrived at SLEC?

On the I-134, does the signature need to be hand written? Or can it be the petitioners full name typed? 

Edit: Never mind, just seen on the instructions it says 'For all signatures on this affidavit, USCIS will not accept a stamped or typewritten name in place of a signature ' ...... Damn <_<

Edited by Missabc

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Timeline
9 hours ago, TeamSarPaul said:

Has anyone recently booked their interview at the Manila embassy? Trying to determine what dates are left...

thank you!!

I was settling my visa fee, I saw on the us embassy manila website that the earliest appointment date is Sept 12 :) 

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Question for the Canadians who have been to the consulate - if I have a rolling laptop bag with me, will I be able to take it in, or will they check it in for me, or can I just not bring it at all? @gob332 @PR&PR @calahjosh931 @eastcoastgroove

I am not 100% sure on this as she didn't have a bag either, but my feeling is that you wouldnt be able to bring a bag in that large.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline

I have taken a break from VJ for a bit, but it's so nice to come back and see all the progress everyone is making!

I finally heard back from the embassy and they scheduled our interview for the end of this month. WOOHOO almost there.

Just a quick question... I know my fiancé hasn't submitted any packets or forms for the interview yet but he is doing so next week... is it odd that the embassy has already scheduled the interview prior to me paying the fee or doing any of the packets?I am happy that we have a set date but I just want to make sure it isn't suspicious :ph34r::whistle:

Congratulations to all the love birds! I can't wait to be with my love again...  

18 minutes ago, taybayjay said:

I have taken a break from VJ for a bit, but it's so nice to come back and see all the progress everyone is making!

I finally heard back from the embassy and they scheduled our interview for the end of this month. WOOHOO almost there.

Just a quick question... I know my fiancé hasn't submitted any packets or forms for the interview yet but he is doing so next week... is it odd that the embassy has already scheduled the interview prior to me paying the fee or doing any of the packets?I am happy that we have a set date but I just want to make sure it isn't suspicious :ph34r::whistle:

Congratulations to all the love birds! I can't wait to be with my love again...  

Every country has a different way of going through the process... you didn't send anything in from packet 3, like the checklist and the barcode from the DS or copy of passport? Congrats on interview date etc! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline

No, all I sent was an email asking if they had received my packet from NVC because it had been approximately 10 days of "In Transit". And they replied with a detailed email about the interview and the packets and everything I will need. They also had the set date.

Thanks so much, and congratulations on your approval!

Well, guys, we've got not really good news today. 

Called NVC to figure out why we are still "at NVC" status. 

Our case is undergoing through administrative procedures. They are unable to give a time frame. And we have to wait until they'll notify us via email for further instructions once it is released. No further information can be obtained during this time. 

We will call again tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and so on and so far. This is the only thing we can do now for only God knows how long.

I'm not even upset or frustrated, I guess lost is the only word that is more appropriate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.