Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

I'm 1300 miles away from home my neighbor calls me and tells me that he's been picking up my mail. Today I got a letter from immigration so I tell him to hurry up and open it..... NOA2 approved!

No senator, but this last week I was turning up the heat. Probably because of age of petition it was approved, as phone calls didn't seem to help.

TwoDs I'm sure is correct,  the antique petitions laying around become a problem for the 'quarterly look how great uscis is' report.  Anyways..... WHO CARES? I GOT APPROVED!!!

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!  Im so happy for you both!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

does anyone know when the background check typically starts and finishes within the noa1 to noa2 timeline? Does the background check start near the beginning after noa1 and does it take the majority of the noa1 to noa2 timeline to finish completing?

Edited by falcao79

18 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

I'm 1300 miles away from home my neighbor calls me and tells me that he's been picking up my mail. Today I got a letter from immigration so I tell him to hurry up and open it..... NOA2 approved!

No senator, but this last week I was turning up the heat. Probably because of age of petition it was approved, as phone calls didn't seem to help.

TwoDs I'm sure is correct,  the antique petitions laying around become a problem for the 'quarterly look how great uscis is' report.  Anyways..... WHO CARES? I GOT APPROVED!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline

Quick question

On the i-134 form

Part 3 Section 26 abc 27

Should I list my fiance name here? Or is for a second person?

Also - should I list my fiances kids even though there are not initially coming right away?

Thanks to all for your recent feedback on my questions.

You have been extremely helpful.

Knocking these tasks down one by one, step by step thanks to this awesome group of March filers 

Edited by Vendhen

Timeline
1 hour ago, falcao79 said:

does anyone know when the background check typically starts and finishes within the noa1 to noa2 timeline? Does the background check start near the beginning after noa1 and does it take the majority of the noa1 to noa2 timeline to finish completing?

Im pretty sure background checks are done when approved petition gets sent to the NVC. I read they do background checks before sending case to the Embassy

Timeline

Ok feeling confident as things are moving along. We Got This !!!

* I have made copies of everything to send to her (Initial packet, birth certificates, passport, receipts, tax forms, employer letter, USCIS letters, additional intent to marry.

* She started the DS160 form but we will finish tomorrow.

* She is going to get her CENOMAR tomorrow and inquire about her nearest NBI office because it recently relocated.

* I will call the NVC this week to see if case received.

Then from there we can start preparing our timeline to fly her from Davao to Manila for medical and interview.

Feeling good and once again thanks for all input from the March team.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, falcao79 said:

According to the interview with an adjudicator here, for the vast majority of cases the background check takes place during the whopping 15 minutes it takes to process the case.

The majority of the NOA1 to NOA2 wait is... just that. Waiting. The case is idle. They're working on other cases.

If there's a hit on on the background check, then then the case gets handed off to a special group -- that takes more time.

You can read about it here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This DS 160 form is stupid. I completely filled it out and had my fiancee go through and review everything to make sure it was correct, sign it and print the confirmation, and now it keeps losing information that was previously input. Anyone else have similar problems? It's specifically having issues saving my state/zip code and her previous employment and education information. She's had to input that same info like 3 times and it won't stay put.

Edited by dkmfan85

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, dkmfan85 said:

This DS 160 form is stupid. I completely filled it out and had my fiancee go through and review everything to make sure it was correct, sign it and print the confirmation, and now it keeps losing information that was previously input. Anyone else have similar problems?

I know, I also found some strange stuff  .. i put my fiance address in, but when I go back later, the state and zip code is gone. Also, struggled for two days for it to take my photo. I saved after every page just to make sure and also saved it as a file on my pc. I will go back in and complete and sign when my case change to "Ready". I just hope all the info is still there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

omg i tried catching up on march fliers.. i couldnt get the last comment i just had to comment to get me to the last comment. trying to see the latest date that has been approved.. by the way congrats guys!! happy for you alll 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lewismicheals said:

pls who got approved of late? and filed at the potomac center

The California Service Center handles all K1s. If you read through the last 5-6 pages, you'll find the most recent approvals from March filers. You can go to the April filers thread and also find approvals there. Igor's list may be found at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

This DS 160 form is stupid. I completely filled it out and had my fiancee go through and review everything to make sure it was correct, sign it and print the confirmation, and now it keeps losing information that was previously input. Anyone else have similar problems? It's specifically having issues saving my state/zip code and her previous employment and education information. She's had to input that same info like 3 times and it won't stay put.

I had that problem cause is wasn't using adobe, i was using some crappy mac program which wasn't saving changes. I used google docs to do the updates to resolve the issue.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
39 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

The California Service Center handles all K1s. If you read through the last 5-6 pages, you'll find the most recent approvals from March filers. You can go to the April filers thread and also find approvals there. Igor's list may be found at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=

major thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
3 hours ago, Vendhen said:

Quick question

On the i-134 form

Part 3 Section 26 abc 27

Should I list my fiance name here? Or is for a second person?

Also - should I list my fiances kids even though there are not initially coming right away?

Thanks to all for your recent feedback on my questions.

You have been extremely helpful.

Knocking these tasks down one by one, step by step thanks to this awesome group of March filers 

I was wondering that myself... I eventually put None. My thought behind this was that the beneficiary is already listed in part 2 and maybe it is for kids or previous bene's? I don't know.. things like this could definitely be more specific and  precise. 
Let me know your thoughts =)
I'm hoping to mail my stuff tomorrow.

Edited by Holly♡

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.