Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, twoDs said:

All the visas and interviews hid just how quiet a week this has been for NOA2 issues.

Just looked at the database, from 8-5 through today, only four issued to March filers.

Average NOA2 wait time for those issued this past week hit 148 days.

Interestingly, 3 out of 4 of those issued were 3/10 or earlier filers. Unfortunately two of those were mid-July RFEs.

Another has an I-130 associated with it, not sure what that is about.

8 NOA2 issued in total to everyone, the balance being all April.

Remaining March filers are relegated to Backlog and worked on overtime????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
6 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

I think they call to the customers service number that shows up in the hardcopy of the NOA1.

Sorry, we've never called, so no more specific info, but I think this can be it...

5 hours ago, Eric&Olya said:

I have a number (no specific buttons, sorry) but we never used it, so I'm not sure if it's the right one:

1 (800) 375-5283

3 hours ago, bene29 said:

Hey everyone... Did anyone send papers on March 30?

I received notice on 4/6 but still waiting approval.... 

anyone else or only me?

I am close to this. I sent on the 31st and my NOA1 is April 7th and yes... still waiting  hehe

1 hour ago, Nhona Scott said:

Wow! Really? Haha thanks! But thats alright. 😉 I wasnt the one who called but my fiance who is the petitioner so I cant give you some tips for calling them, Im sorry. 

Here's the super famous uscis hotline 1-800-375-5283 I hope that helps 😊

Thank you everyone who replied and AnJ Co!! I am gonna give this a try on my way home from work while in the car... I figure it can't hurt and I technically won't be wasting any time since I am just driving anyhow :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

I am close to this. I sent on the 31st and my NOA1 is April 7th and yes... still waiting  hehe

Thank you everyone who replied and AnJ Co!! I am gonna give this a try on my way home from work while in the car... I figure it can't hurt and I technically won't be wasting any time since I am just driving anyhow :P

hehee we are on the same team mate :)))

good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

What's your received date? I think they just started with April 6th yesterday, and they worked hard on April 5th on Thursday :)

Good luck calling! Keep us posted... and you are welcome to visit on the April forum too, though I know you like to be around here :P

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, TriloByte said:

Hopefully, there's a legit and ethical reason for the delays and it's not because they are all playing badminton or something. Whatever the reason, I hope the wait ends soon for you all.

All evidence points to backlog and random chance.

I did some scouting around on the USCIS case status. When things are bad, they're really bad. A December filer just got a RFE last week, and of my sample of 9 cases from December, only 5 had approvals. Now this could be due to USCIS not updating the site, but even that implies the approvals were coming after day 140+ for half the cases, and that RFE strongly makes me suspect they really just haven't been touched. And that's three months before us.

If you wind up in the "bad" bucket for whatever reason, be prepared for a long, long wait.

Meanwhile USCIS says they're working on Feb 1 cases, the date updated some time this week.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, twoDs said:

All evidence points to backlog and random chance.

I did some scouting around on the USCIS case status. When things are bad, they're really bad. A December filer just got a RFE last week, and of my sample of 9 cases from December, only 5 had approvals. Now this could be due to USCIS not updating the site, but even that implies the approvals were coming after day 140+ for half the cases, and that RFE strongly makes me suspect they really just haven't been touched. And that's three months before us.

If you wind up in the "bad" bucket for whatever reason, be prepared for a long, long wait.

Meanwhile USCIS says they're working on Feb 1 cases, the date updated some time this week.

Ditto - Backlog and random chance your aggregated days matches what they need to keep their average 'within their realm' , and Only on overtime.

If you are a 3/25 received or earlier, best advice is to make contact with congressional office, get familiar with their procedures, and when the need to present an inquiry arises, go for it with your best argument.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Rough math because CIS doesn't allow access anymore, but there are about 1500+ approvals after 3/16/2017

#DoYourBacklogFirst!

Looks about right, I get ~1250 approvals for 3/17-3/31, plus add in April and you're there. That also shows the approval rate is still pretty low -- that's just four days shy of a month, which puts the quarterly approval rate at all of 5,000 or so. Half what it was. It'll be interesting to see the visa stats next quarter -- I suspect they'll be stepping on the gas a little in September.

Timeline

Searching only turns up stuff from 2015......   For PH beneficiaries - What is the amount of the NAIA Terminal Tax?  and is it traditionally included in the airfare? or has to be paid standing in line?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Okay, so I called uscis on my way to work and the call ended because I  didn't push any buttons and then before I could call back my F called and we talked until I  arrived at work....hold on lol

Timeline
7 minutes ago, piranda said:

hello everybody!!

been a silent reader for the past months as I ve been thru' a resignation process , cargo ,shipments ,packing , unpacking and getting out of the UAE..

finally yesterday we got our NOA2, dated 7th of August. our case was received 29th of April.

good luck for everyone still waiting , you guys just have to make yourselves busy otherwise you will go crazy as I did thinking and overthinking , estimating, comparing cases and received dates. I am gonna f**** delete both the case trackers ( at the moment still showing received :blink: ) as they are totally useless , the most useless applications I ever had on my phone . 

congratulations for the already k1 visa holders and for those with the medical and interview scheduled and thank you all for sharing information, state of mind & soul, your work routine , pet and diet info etc etc :D you guys made all this wait bearable.

Congratulations!!!!

Don't forget to rate the App before you delete it HAHAHAHAHA

Best of luck to you!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

Sorry bout that... long story short... I checked my informed delivery after I got to work cuz I was telling a coworker about it and... there it was!! I'm fairly certain it is my NOA2!! I could see the date of Aug 8 and postmarked the 9th.

OH MY!!!!!!!

Seriously WOW!!!!  :wow:                               

Congratulations!!!!!!  

Wedding In December No Problem

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.