3,010 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Good to hear that. I am pretty sure you will get your approval by next month, regards. 

I hope so!

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Another week, another praying to the USCIS Gods that we all get good news!

I've been trying to follow all the other threads around March 2017 to get an idea of what happens right before you're notified (officially and without question) that you've been approved. Anyone know? It seems there may be some indication on the DHS site that it's being triggered when you see the notice that the name and birthdate has been updated. 

Any thoughts on this?

11 hours ago, Waittrain said:

What is the RFE about?

Go one page back, I already posted it many times. Or look it up on my profile activity. ^_^

US Passport Application

Routine service

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/16/2018 at 1:18 PM, AnGeLxX said:

Good luck! We got an RFE too 1-2 weeks ago. We don't have any utility bills/mortgages either.  What about family affidavits, car insurance?  We are doing those + car insurance statement that says I'm on there too and some other things. Tax returns from 2014 till 2017(somehow we forgot it :o.) Copy of driver licenses (same address).

I couldn't get utility bills or mortgage and car insurance is also a no go (we are all under one big family plan with my parents)

I ended up sending 2 more years of tax returns (2016 IRS transcript and 2017 copy of the return that was filed) plus state returns for both years. I also added several months of bank statements, copies of debit cards and driver's licenses, copies of 1095C forms form 2016 and 2017, life/ADD insurance beneficiary as my wife, brokerage account 1099 forms 2016 & 2017. Hope that suffices. 

Anyone know what happens if they still find our evidence insufficient? Do we get called for an interview or is there a possibility of getting directly rejected? 

9 minutes ago, dp1987 said:

I ended up sending 2 more years of tax returns (2016 IRS transcript and 2017 copy of the return that was filed) plus state returns for both years. I also added several months of bank statements, copies of debit cards and driver's licenses, copies of 1095C forms form 2016 and 2017, life/ADD insurance beneficiary as my wife, brokerage account 1099 forms 2016 & 2017. Hope that suffices. 

Anyone know what happens if they still find our evidence insufficient? Do we get called for an interview or is there a possibility of getting directly rejected? 

I dont see you getting rejected. All i can see is if they don't get sufficient evidence. they will just keep asking for me.

What you have listed looks fine.

Other forms of evidence can be:

1. pictures with dates and times together

2. travel arrangements (flights, train, bus tickets, cruises)

3. bills (cellphones, electrcity, internet, home phones etc.)

4. joint memberships (AAA membership, Gym membership, local bowling club etc.)

5. health \ dental \ vision \ life insurance \ cell phone insurance .. car insurance etc.

6. list of expenses (movie tickets, concert tickets, dinner reservations online etc.)

pretty much enough information so that they can see what you guys ate for breakfast every morning for the duration of the marriage and you should be good.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

so it just occurred to me that I never told you guys how my mom's I-751 process went (and why im not freaking out about me not getting my 10 year green card yet...csc filer here) so here it it.

she lives in New York and filed June 2015  which means her application went to VSC when they were the backed up ones ...as for evidence they didn't have much, only an apt lease, medical insurance, checking account, electric and cellphone bill and taxes, they didn't have that many pictures, don't own a car or any other property, don't have credit cards together  because he's actually trying to get out of all the debt his past marriage left him with and thats pretty much it.

a year passed by and nothing, I was always on top of her case and kept checking, they called and talked to tier 2 at one point and they just told them they needed to keep waiting (shocker), at around the 15th month mark they got a RFE asking them for more recent evidence and listed all the things they had already sent, my mom consulted with a lawyer and he said they sometimes do this when theres been more than a year and they want to see more updated evidence so they pretty much sent back the same things (just the most recent ones) and added some affidavits from friends and a copy of an itinerary of an upcoming trip they had planned.

around mid January 2017 (19th month mark) they got notice for interview for march 2nd 2017 and they freaked out but I tried to find stories here to make them feel better. they took all the evidence that they already had and went to the interview ...the officer was really nice according to them and pretty much asked them a few questions about their dates and their family, she seemed pretty interested in knowing how much they both knew about each other kids and in my moms case grandkids (I already have 2 kids) so our guess is that since there wasn't "much evidence" they wanted to see if the relationship was real? idk to be honest because their interview when she adjusted status was easier than the one for lifting condition but anyway  the officer approved her on the spot and even gave her her passport stamp in case her green card didn't come in time for her trip (she already had an infoPass for that but didn't have to go thanks to the officer stamping her passport there) and then her green card came in the mail about a month later.

so I hope this helps to have a little reference on how things can go ...im not saying this will apply to everybody that sent little evidence cause you know with uscis you never know but yeah thats all.

good luck to all of us still waiting ...and lets pray together for the patience needed for this process lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did a walk-in biometric for my n-400 and decided to ask about the 1 year extension. The CSR told me the extension letter expires the day you apply for it and not the date on the actual green card. My passport is expired so I asked what do I need to do? He told me to make an appointment and take along 2 passport photo with extension letter, expires green card and another form of identification. I was in and out in 5 mins

6 hours ago, Philly512 said:

so it just occurred to me that I never told you guys how my mom's I-751 process went (and why im not freaking out about me not getting my 10 year green card yet...csc filer here) so here it it.

she lives in New York and filed June 2015  which means her application went to VSC when they were the backed up ones ...as for evidence they didn't have much, only an apt lease, medical insurance, checking account, electric and cellphone bill and taxes, they didn't have that many pictures, don't own a car or any other property, don't have credit cards together  because he's actually trying to get out of all the debt his past marriage left him with and thats pretty much it.

a year passed by and nothing, I was always on top of her case and kept checking, they called and talked to tier 2 at one point and they just told them they needed to keep waiting (shocker), at around the 15th month mark they got a RFE asking them for more recent evidence and listed all the things they had already sent, my mom consulted with a lawyer and he said they sometimes do this when theres been more than a year and they want to see more updated evidence so they pretty much sent back the same things (just the most recent ones) and added some affidavits from friends and a copy of an itinerary of an upcoming trip they had planned.

around mid January 2017 (19th month mark) they got notice for interview for march 2nd 2017 and they freaked out but I tried to find stories here to make them feel better. they took all the evidence that they already had and went to the interview ...the officer was really nice according to them and pretty much asked them a few questions about their dates and their family, she seemed pretty interested in knowing how much they both knew about each other kids and in my moms case grandkids (I already have 2 kids) so our guess is that since there wasn't "much evidence" they wanted to see if the relationship was real? idk to be honest because their interview when she adjusted status was easier than the one for lifting condition but anyway  the officer approved her on the spot and even gave her her passport stamp in case her green card didn't come in time for her trip (she already had an infoPass for that but didn't have to go thanks to the officer stamping her passport there) and then her green card came in the mail about a month later.

so I hope this helps to have a little reference on how things can go ...im not saying this will apply to everybody that sent little evidence cause you know with uscis you never know but yeah thats all.

good luck to all of us still waiting ...and lets pray together for the patience needed for this process lol

Thank you for taking the time to write, this does give a better input on the process!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello fellow immigrants,

CSC Filer here. We applied for N400 Feb 2018 with I751 pending.

Today we received "Transfer Notice" that our I751 application is being transferred to National Benefits Center (NBC), Lee's Summit, MO.

Anyone have any experience/knowledge about NBC and what impact would this have on processing time and approval of N400 / I751?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got a letter today saying our case was transferred from California to Texas service center and i live in Los Angeles

USCIS I-130

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : New Delhi, India
I-130 Sent: 03-31-2014
I-130 NOA1 (PD): 04-07-2014
I-130 TRANSFERRED FIRST EMAIL: 08-14-2014
I-130 TRANSFERRED SECOND EMAIL: 08-15-2014
I-130 TRANSFERRED HARD COPY: 08-22-2014 (CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER)
1-130 TRANSFERRED FINAL EMAIL(PROCESSING): 08-25-2014

1-130 APPROVED: 09-08-2014

NVC

NVC WELCOME LETTER: 10/2/2014

NVC AOS FEE INVOICE EMAIL: 10/3/2014

COMPLETED DS-261, AOS FEE PAID: 10/4/2014

AOS DOCUMENTS SENT: 10/7/2014

AOS DOCUMENTS RECIEVED BY NVC: 10/14/2014

IV FEE PAID: 10/16/2014

IV APPLICATION SUBMITTED: 10/17/2014

IV CIVIL DOCUMENTS SENT: 11/20/2014

IV CIVIL DOCUMENTS SCANNED: 12/17/14

CASE COMPLETE: 02/17/15

APPOINTMENT LETTER (P4): 03/02/15

APPOINTMENT DATE: 04/06/15

VISA APPROVED: 04/06/15 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

POE: 04/16/15 (L)(L)(L)(L)

USCIS I-751

I-751 ROC: 02/11/17

I-751 NOA1: 02/13/17

BIOMETRICS: 03/08/17

I-751 TRANSFERRED: FROM CALIFORNIA TO TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

I-751 APPROVED: 04/17/18

On 3/17/2018 at 7:03 PM, Lynn n Sam said:

We received our Approval letter today, dated 3/13/18 VSC 

6A69B638-0FA1-4F1C-AD38-BF18B51123E3.jpeg

Congrats! Did your online account change status too?

On 3/15/2018 at 1:19 PM, dp1987 said:

Hi all,

We received an RFE [NOA 3/27/17] because I (arrogantly) only submitted 1 month's bank statement and 1 year's IRS transcript  (2015)

Would you say the following additional information would satisfy as financial co-mingling?

1095C forms - to show shared healthcare coverage for FY 2016 and 2017

Add'l year of IRS transcript (2016) - haven't filed 2017 yet

Add'l bank statements (one every 3 months)

Add'l 401k statements that show beneficiary name at the bottom

Unfortunately, I don't have my wife's name on the house deed/mortgages (was purchased before we got married) nor any utility bills. To further complicate things the house was purchased by me with my parents (all 3 names are on the deed and mortgage) before I got married.  Can I explain this in a letter and attach it or should I get my wife's name added before resubmitting the evidence?

Furthermore; we have no children, no joint debt (she has student loans), will, trust, etc. 

Hi, April filer here. Did your case status online show that you got RFE or it stays the same?

I’m a bit concern what if the mail is lost, and I don’t know about the RFE... :(

1 hour ago, Oli_C said:

Hi, April filer here. Did your case status online show that you got RFE or it stays the same?

I’m a bit concern what if the mail is lost, and I don’t know about the RFE... :(

My case didn't update at all about the RFE. I sent it back yesterday. 

US Passport Application

Routine service

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.