3,010 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, SwissAmerican said:

Hi all....

Maybe somebody can bring me up on speed here. I am a March17 Filer. My "substitute extension letter" expires by the end of this week. So, technically, by the end of the week I might be considered "undocumented"? This process is really ridiculous! It started in June 2013 and I/we have followed every instruction and the process to the letter of the law. It is aggravating. I want this over and move on with our lives. Even more hysterical is that I already would be eligible to file for my N-400 in a month due to the 3-year-rule under K-1! Oh my.....

you are still in status, get the stamp on your passport then

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, Pardeepdevgun said:

I used this website https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/  It’s more informative than the other one we all tend to check.. I finally got my GC in the post today. I was approved on Feb 15th and got informed mail notice today that my package has arrived. 

Hopefully this helps you keep me posted 

Thanks!  Hopefully it will come soon.  In the meantime, he was able to get the I551 stamp, so he is all set.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm confused. Is the one year extension letter one year of extending your green card or one year from the receipt date on the letter? Our letter says March 30, 2017 as the receipt date and the green card was initially issued on June 23, 2015. I thought the letter extended the card until June 23, 2018. ugh I hate this :( 

4 hours ago, Nwosu said:

I'm not sure if this is the right format.

Feb 27th 2017  - Mailed I751 Packet Out

Mar 7th  2017 - Packet received and processed by USCIS

Apr 3rd 2017 - 1st Biometrics

Mar 2nd 2018 - 2nd Biometrics 

Mar 13th 2018 - Approval 

No RFE's or anything like that. I did get the case transferred to local office Feb 25, Feb 26 then finally changed to Mar 5th. I also got a notice on Mar 9th saying my name and DOB were updated. This information is all from the my.uscis.gov website.

Hey, congrats!

One question, do we all need to do a second biometrics?

1 minute ago, Smelserjl said:

I'm confused. Is the one year extension letter one year of extending your green card or one year from the receipt date on the letter? Our letter says March 30, 2017 as the receipt date and the green card was initially issued on June 23, 2015. I thought the letter extended the card until June 23, 2018. ugh I hate this :( 

one year from the expiration date on your card

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No i have real damn issues i lost my purse with my green card and my extension litter, am so freaking out rite now. I got a infopass for 28 of march will i still be able to get a stamp

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I've seen a few references here talking about 2 different sites to check your case status.

I'm only aware of:

https://egov.uscis.gov/

You can either just enter either of the WAC# there, or use the account login to track the cases in more detail, and activate notifications.

What is the other website people refer to, that may have different information or detail?

• Want to transfer money from abroad to a US account? Or do you want to transfer money from your US account to your foreign loved one? Use TransferWise for rates MUCH lower than banks! Click HERE to TRANSFER MONEY internationally CHEAP!
  • You have some bad remarks on your credit report, and want to clean it up by the time your loved one comes to the US? Use a reputable Credit Repair company. Fortress Credit Pro has a money back guarantee AND only charges you for entries that are actually removed! Click here to enroll for Credit Repair

(Disclosure: The links to TransferWise and FortressPro are affiliate links, and their use can accumulate in benefits for me. Using the links does offer a discount to you by using them over enrolling through the main website, unless any promotions are run by the company)

12 minutes ago, SimonAndKimberly said:

I've seen a few references here talking about 2 different sites to check your case status.

I'm only aware of:

https://egov.uscis.gov/

You can either just enter either of the WAC# there, or use the account login to track the cases in more detail, and activate notifications.

What is the other website people refer to, that may have different information or detail?

There’s also this one 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Married ❤️02-14-14 valentines day!?❤️

USCIS

PD April 4, 2014 USCIS Vermont service center

NOA1 April 8, 2014

RFE none

NVC

Petition Approved July 10, 2014

AOS & IV scan dates 8/21 & 9/23

Waiting on our CC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 hours ago, gc@gc said:

when will you i-551 stamp will expire?

June 21st 2018, but I need to return to Europe to visit family, maybe at the back end of the year.

I just want my mind put at rest it's a long wait. Congratulations on your approval by the way ☺

1 hour ago, Manc73 said:

June 21st 2018, but I need to return to Europe to visit family, maybe at the back end of the year.

I just want my mind put at rest it's a long wait. Congratulations on your approval by the way ☺

no, no, no, my case hasnt been approved yet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, gc@gc said:

no, no, no, my case hasnt been approved yet

Ok, let me know how you get on. I have noto a clue of how long my case will take, I want to submit the N-400 it seems my life is on hold, so many plans even the wife is shocked at the time it's taking.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.