3,010 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
5 hours ago, RajEm said:

So I managed to keep my nerves in check for a whole year while waiting for this process to play out but here we go again! Is anyone in the Atlanta area? My husband's NOA date is 3/24 and so his extension will expire then. We are concerned about his drivers license as they told us last year that they will not extend it again (I asked up front because I figured the green card wouldn't be approved within 1 year). Does anyone have experience with this? If so, how did you handle it? We have an infopass appointment for 3/26 but I really don't know if that's going to help.  

The NOA extends GC expiration to 1 year. You can get an I55-1 stamp on your husband's passport by scheduling an infopass appointment. You have mentioned in your post that you have scheduled an infopass appointment. They will give your husband the 1-year extension stamp(I55-1) just a week or two before the expiration of his GC, not the NOA letter. Some office might give it a month before GC expiration. The I-551 stamp is a proof of residence and mostly given for 1 year.  This stamp could help him renew his driver's license or he can travel. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Name O Boy said:

The NOA extends GC expiration to 1 year. You can get an I55-1 stamp on your husband's passport by scheduling an infopass appointment. You have mentioned in your post that you have scheduled an infopass appointment. They will give your husband the 1-year extension stamp(I55-1) just a week or two before the expiration of his GC, not the NOA letter. Some office might give it a month before GC expiration. The I-551 stamp is a proof of residence and mostly given for 1 year.  This stamp could help him renew his driver's license or he can travel. 

Okay, got it! I forgot that it was based on the green card extension expiration date and not the NOA. But in our case, it's not much of a difference because we did the paperwork at the last minute so there is only about a 2 week time span between NOA date and extension expiration date. However, now that I realize that it's the actual green card expiration, I'm hopeful that he'll receive the approval before then. But I just realized where my confusion came in; the driver's license services has his drivers license expiration date as the NOA date and not as the green card extension expiration date. SMH sigh!! Either way, I won't and can't stress about this. Hopefully everything will work out in time! Thanks for your response! 

1 hour ago, roc2017 said:

Received my approval letter today Dated 3/7 from VSC. Following is my timeline. 

I-751 Application Sent to VSC: 3/9/17

Date on NOA: 3/13/17

bio-metrics appointment date Newark, NJ: 4/11/17

Moved to Tampa, FL, Online Address change (Never received confirmation) : 4/24/17

Visited Local USCIS office to confirm address change, Was told my case is moved to CSC : sometime in May 17

Another address change, this time locally in Tampa, Online address change : 07/15/17

Received email confirmation for address change : 07/19/17

Received Email from VSC for recent inquiry confirming address change :  07/24/17

Online status change to Case received at local office : 02/26/18

Filed Online N 400 : 03/06/18

I-751 approval date : 03/07/18

Received approval letter from VSC : 03/12/18

Hallelujah!!! Happy to hear some good news on here finally!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
2 hours ago, roc2017 said:

Moved to Tampa, FL, Online Address change (Never received confirmation) : 4/24/17

Visited Local USCIS office to confirm address change, Was told my case is moved to CSC : sometime in May 17

Another address change, this time locally in Tampa, Online address change : 07/15/17

Received Email from VSC for recent inquiry confirming address change :  07/24/17

Congratulations!!  So they never actually transferred your case to CSC , good news. !! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 3/9/2018 at 8:54 AM, Pardeepdevgun said:

I’m in the same boat as you. 

I got my letter on Feb 20 confirming I got approved on Feb 15 and now no idea about my GC. I’ve suppose to be travelling on the 18th. 

Figerscrossed it comes in time  

Same here.  Hubby is also traveling on the 18th.  He is at an info pass appointment right now.  They confirmed that the GC was approved, but has not yet been sent for production.  They said that his GC should be sent within the next 30 days.  He is trying to get the I551 stamp in his passport -- he travels frequently out of the country for business -- but they are hesitating since his green card extension expires more than 30 days from now.  

Edited by Hurryupandwait

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

I received an automated message, like some of you did, saying they last reviewed my case at the end of February and there is nothing for me to do at this time. My green card with its extension date will expire next month and it looks like I will have to make an infopass appointment. :( This is all making me very stressed out.

6 minutes ago, FROWNcat said:

I received an automated message, like some of you did, saying they last reviewed my case at the end of February and there is nothing for me to do at this time. My green card with its extension date will expire next month and it looks like I will have to make an infopass appointment. :( This is all making me very stressed out.

I agree, this is very stressful. Finding Infopass appointments is yet another struggle. Everytime I check the site, I don't see any appointments. I know people say to look for at odd hours like  12am to 6am, I have'nt tried that yet. Hopefully we never have to. As a march filer,  you must be in line for approval anytime now, so hang in there.  God bless. 

I-751 Timeline:

I-751 filed at VSC                 : 05/08/2017

USCIS Received                  : 05/09/2017

Check Cashed                     : 05/18/2017

NOA1 Receipt Date             : 05/10/2017

NOA1 received                     : 05/20/2017

Biometrics letter Received  : 06/10/2017 - Appointment for 06/23/2017

Biometrics Walk-in               : 06/12/2017 - biometrics completed

DMV license renewed         : 06/12/2017 - 1 year extension from greencard expiration 

I-751 Approved                    : 06/06/2018

N-400 Timeline:

Paper filing received at USCIS              : 05/24/2018

N400 notice to create online account   : 05/30/2018

N400 NOA                                                  : 06/02/2018

N400 Biometrics                                       : 06/21/2018

N400 Interview                                          : 09/19/2018

21 hours ago, roc2017 said:

Congratulations on your approval is the website updated showing your approval or did you just get a letter & did they send your new green card as well? 

Married ❤️02-14-14 valentines day!?❤️

USCIS

PD April 4, 2014 USCIS Vermont service center

NOA1 April 8, 2014

RFE none

NVC

Petition Approved July 10, 2014

AOS & IV scan dates 8/21 & 9/23

Waiting on our CC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, wanderer84 said:

I agree, this is very stressful. Finding Infopass appointments is yet another struggle. Everytime I check the site, I don't see any appointments. I know people say to look for at odd hours like  12am to 6am, I have'nt tried that yet. Hopefully we never have to. As a march filer,  you must be in line for approval anytime now, so hang in there.  God bless. 

I was unable to get appointments when checking during the day time but I set my alarm for midnight on Monday and sure enough, I was able to get an appointment 2 weeks out.

2 hours ago, boosbear said:

Congratulations on your approval is the website updated showing your approval or did you just get a letter & did they send your new green card as well? 

Thanks. egov.uscis.gov has not update my status. my.uscis.gov has updated status. I have received only Approval letter. No GC yet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Idk if this has been asked yet or what but I figure I would see if somebody has the same message, I open an account at my.uscis.gov and added my two case number and the one for the CRI-89 says that they received my case and waved the filling fee ...what’s that supposed to mean? I sent a check and they cashed it for sure

760B3DA3-2022-449E-A8B7-32275C081CFB.jpeg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Philly512 said:

Idk if this has been asked yet or what but I figure I would see if somebody has the same message, I open an account at my.uscis.gov and added my two case number and the one for the CRI-89 says that they received my case and waved the filling fee ...what’s that supposed to mean? I sent a check and they cashed it for sure

760B3DA3-2022-449E-A8B7-32275C081CFB.jpeg

I have that same info, i really don't think it mean anything base on my research.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I have my I-551 stamp in my passport and I can travel but no news on my green card approval.

I filed my I-751 on March 17th 2017. The waiting is killing me.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, Hurryupandwait said:

Same here.  Hubby is also traveling on the 18th.  He is at an info pass appointment right now.  They confirmed that the GC was approved, but has not yet been sent for production.  They said that his GC should be sent within the next 30 days.  He is trying to get the I551 stamp in his passport -- he travels frequently out of the country for business -- but they are hesitating since his green card extension expires more than 30 days from now.  

I used this website https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/  It’s more informative than the other one we all tend to check.. I finally got my GC in the post today. I was approved on Feb 15th and got informed mail notice today that my package has arrived. 

Hopefully this helps you keep me posted 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.