3,010 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, VeraBradley said:

I am in HR and we are not supposed to demand that. As long as you showed your unrestricted SSN and DL you should have been good. However, if they are demanding that from you and if it is an emergency, you can try to walk in to one of the offices and see if they will stamp you. You can probably take the email from your HR coordinator as a proof.

You can also try scheduling an infopass appointment at midnight or at odd times - some people have had luck with that. If there are other offices a couple of hours away, you can try scheduling there as well. Good luck and hope everything works out for you! Please keep us posted.

Thank you for the very helpful information. If they ask me for other proof, is there something i can refer to so i can show them that they can't demand any other proof from me?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

The date my case was allegedly received at my local office never changed and I don't know what to think anymore. :( I know a lot of people seem to think it's a glitch but I figured it would be gone by now since the web site was down a couple of times last week. It will be a year in about a couple of weeks and I can't help but worry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, ruchit12 said:

i haven’t got card my decision date was feb162018 i got approval letter on feb252018 but no card. how check if they mailed card or not my status online didn’t change so i don’t know if they mailed or not. how do u check?

we have the same situation. i got my approval letter march 1 and decision date was feb 23..my status did not change as well..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

So weird, I just checked my case :

I never changed my name during this whole process...

my_logo.png

Name Was Updated

On March 6, 2018, we updated your name for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC************. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
13 minutes ago, aysidrak said:

So weird, I just checked my case :

I never changed my name during this whole process...

my_logo.png

Name Was Updated

On March 6, 2018, we updated your name for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC************. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

A lot of people got the same message and they get approved. Hope is your case also 

Hey guys new here, mostly been lurking this thread and, but I too got the weird update to my I751 EAC number that hadn't worked for a year saying it got transferred to local office as of Mar 5th. 

I also had to go for another biometrics appointment on Mar 2. I did one roughly a year ago as well, the immi officer didn't explain really why I had to come in twice, but I'm thinking it maybe they didn't capture my prints right the first go around? So just waiting now and hoping it doesn't drag on too long. My case was originally received Mar 7 and when I got that letter I got excited only for it to be another bio notice.

I talked to my lawyer about what he thought about the number of cases saying they were transferred and he said that the online systems are known to be glitchy and that the real updates will come in the mail. He also mentioned that he's been noticing more interviews in general under the new administration. This is not necessarily for ROC, he specifically brought up how people adjusting under employment based categories all get interviewed now.

I should add my case was sent to VSC initially.

Edited by Nwosu

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Nwosu said:

Hey guys new here, mostly been lurking this thread and, but I too got the weird update to my I751 EAC number that hadn't worked for a year saying it got transferred to local office as of Mar 5th. 

I also had to go for another biometrics appointment on Mar 2. I did one roughly a year ago as well, the immi officer didn't explain really why I had to come in twice, but I'm thinking it maybe they didn't capture my prints right the first go around? So just waiting now and hoping it doesn't drag on too long. My case was originally received Mar 7 and when I got that letter I got excited only for it to be another bio notice.

I talked to my lawyer about what he thought about the number of cases saying they were transferred and he said that the online systems are known to be glitchy and that the real updates will come in the mail. He also mentioned that he's been noticing more interviews in general under the new administration. This is not necessarily for ROC, he specifically brought up how people adjusting under employment based categories all get interviewed now.

I should add my case was sent to VSC initially.

welcome Nwosu it's being crazy these days for a lot of us,  praying everything will just run smoothly with or without an interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
18 hours ago, johnstonl said:

I'm sure (in 101 pages!) this has come up, but I'm nervous and looking for guidance. My wife and I applied for her removal of conditions in march 2017, had a bio-metrics appointment in April and have heard nothing since. Her year is now up and expired, and the USCIS office here (in Portland OR) has no appointments for at least 2 weeks, and I assume more. She has a full time job, etc so we're concerned. I know we can get the passport stamp, but is there any concern right now being in an expired status while we try to get an appointment? I should have had more forethought on this, now I'm trying to catch up. The USCIS site says they're only processing cases from September 2016?! Will it ever get approved? 

Thanks friends.

Your wife is not out of status and you can get an I-551 stamp few weeks before the GC expiration. Appointments are available now I just checked them. Your wife can file for naturalization with a pending I-751 in this way she could save time. CSC is taking on average 18 months to approve applicants and you have nothing to worry. 

Edited by Name O Boy

My case status is still 'case was received by local office on Feb 27', who else has the same?

Is there any coherent theories about why it is that way?

Share, even if it sounds crazy! At this point I want to be amused!

By the way, today is full year since USCIS got my case! Happy anniversary to me, pretty soon my I-751 wait will last longer then my marriage did! LMAO

4 minutes ago, Jack337 said:

My case status is still 'case was received by local office on Feb 27', who else has the same?

By the way, today is full year since USCIS got my case! Happy anniversary to me, pretty soon my I-751 wait will last longer then my marriage did! LMAO

Jack,

I find your posts very amusing.  My case still says Feb 26th for the case transfer date.  I am a June filer but I love to see how all the other months are doing.

ROC

5/31/17 mailed packet to CSC priority mail

6/05/17 NOA1 received.  (Dated 6/1/2017)

6/17/17 NOA2 received.  Biometrics Appt. on 6/27

6/27/17 Biometrics completed

7 minutes ago, Jack337 said:

I am April filer and my status remains "case received by local office on Feb. 27." So, we are in the same boat.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.