3,975 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, lwlinda1208 said:

Combo card arrived today (mailed on Monday)

The advices I got here was really helpful, thank you all! And best of luck to all who are still waiting!

Now the actual wait for 485 starts ><

wow that was fast! & Congrats!

AOS Journey

03/25/17: I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 packet sent

03/27/17: USPS confirmation of pickup from PO box

04/04/17: Checks cashed

04/05/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130 (but no notifications of any other application)

04/07/17: Phone call to USCIS to confirm NOA are in the mail for all, I-130, I-485, I-131, & I-765

04/11/17: Received hardcopies of all 4 NOAs in the mail

04/29/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

05/12/17: Biometrics appointment

05/09/2017:Case updated to "Request for Initial Evidence mailed"

05/12/2017: Received RFIE 

05/24/2017: Sent RFIE evidence to USCIS

05/25/2017: Case updated to "Response to USCIS' request for evidence received" 

06/09/2017: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

06/12/2017: Put in service request for EAD

06/15/2017: Service Request shows as complete online. 

06/19/2017: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/21/2017: EAD "Card Is Mailed To Me"

06/25/2017: Received Notice of approvals for EAD & AP

06/26/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Well it's day 98 for my husbands EAD. I just got done sending our local congressman an email hoping he can help. I figure it can't hurt so why not! Here is hoping it does!!!

best wishes to everyone still holding on!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Received EAD/AP combo card today.  Wishing the best to everyone still waiting for theirs.

K1 VISA

09/21/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

09/22/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

09/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

10/01/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

11/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

11/05/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F

11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Left NVC to Consulate/Embassy

11/29/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/27/16....Medical

01/03/17....Interview

01/05/17....Visa Issued

01/10/17...Visa in Hand

01/28/17....POE at LAX

02/10/17....Got married.

AOS

03/09/17....Sent AOS Package

03/13/17....AOS Delivered

04/10/17....Checks cashed

04/11/17....NOA1 Texts and Emails 

04/17/17...Received hard copies in the mail

04/19/17...Received RFIE Notice via text and email

04/21/17...Received biometrics letters for wife and daughter in the mail

04/24/17...Received RFIE letter in the mail (they need I-864 even though I sent them the right form)

04/25/17...Sent RFIE via USPS Express mail 

04/26/17...RFIE package delivered and signed for.

04/28/17...Received notification via text that USCIS received our RFIE and that the case was updated again.

05/03/17...Biometric appointment for wife and daughter.

05/31/17...Received RFE via text and email for I765 & I-131

06/05/17...Received hard copies of RFE (they want to know whether to send documents to preparer's address or mailing address, which are the same...grrr) 

06/06/17...Sent USPS overnight express response of RFE to USCIS

06/07/17...USCIS received response to RFE

06/14/17...New EAD status: New Card is Being Produced

06/16/17....New EAD status: Card was Mailed to Me

06/19/17....Received hard copies of EAD/AP approvals

06/22/17....Received EAD/AP combo card.

11/06/17....AOS Interview scheduled: APPROVED!!

11/15/17... Received Green Card in the mail.

Just now, Denis & San said:

Received EAD/AP combo card today.  Wishing the best to everyone still waiting for theirs.

Congrats! :)

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

@atuegwu thank you for letting us know about your interview and the process. So your approval is basically on hold pending submission of a newer copy of your birth certificate? 

Edited by Scienceteacher15

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, RenoZiv said:

Well it's day 98 for my husbands EAD. I just got done sending our local congressman an email hoping he can help. I figure it can't hurt so why not! Here is hoping it does!!!

best wishes to everyone still holding on!!

Hopefully they will help you! I did the same. Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Scienceteacher15 said:

@atuegwu thank you for letting us know about your interview and the process. So your approval is basically on hold pending submission of a newer copy of your birth certificate? 

@Scienceteacher15 thanks too. Yes that is what it means but the adjudicating officer said we should wait to have the notice in the mail before sending it out even if we get the birth certificate, so I am hoping the mail and birth certificate comes asap. Thanks once again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

All this time I was thinking my field office is Norfolk which is processing at 7 months and now I got to know that my county comes in washington field office which takes 8 months.. 1 more month to go.. sad :-(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Got my EAD in mail yesterday,  waiting for more updates on I485 ....... We will all be fine with this soon ,Goodluck folks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I put in a service request on June 19, and just got a response today saying 'Your case is currently under review.  You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly.'

I hope that means I'll hear something in the next week! I'm on day 86 today. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Keepchill said:

I put in a service request on June 19, and just got a response today saying 'Your case is currently under review.  You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly.'

I hope that means I'll hear something in the next week! I'm on day 86 today. 

Best of luck!!

Timeline
16 hours ago, atuegwu said:

Hello folks, our AOS interview was yesterday June 21st at San Bernardino field office, it was scheduled for 8.55am but we got started by 9.38am. it was very interactive, the adjudicating officer was a black cheerful man in his 50s. He started by the sworn statement, asked of our IDs, where and how we met, where we live, size of the house, days our trash is being taken, our phone numbers, wedding ceremony, how long we dated, who attended our marriage, then the yes/no questions. Then he checked our documents and support documents and the originals comparing them with the copies, got to my birth certificate he said the were wearing out cos of aging, that he has to send to his supervisor which he excused himself and came back after two minutes without it(birth certificate). Then continue to ask questions about our families, how many siblings we have, our parents, then asked if I still belonged to the professional bodies I listed in my i-485 and if I've started working or have worked in the US since I arrived, I told him no that most of all I will have to take my professional exams (medical field) before I could work. We started talking about his allergies and was buzzed by his supervisor. He went out, came back and then printed some papers and said he have to go back to his supervisor to sign us out. He came back and gave us a paper and said we will have to re-order another of my birth certificate asap but we will get a mail of the instructions in the mail. So I have ordered another birth certificate from my home country today hopefully it will be here next week as next Monday and Tuesday is a national holiday (Ed-el fitr for our Muslim brothers and sisters). So we are waiting for the mail to come as well as my birth certificate to arrive so as to send it out asap. Fingers crossed. Have some couple of interviews (job) lined up from tomorrow. 

Congratulations guys on all that have gotten good updates on their status and good luck to those still waiting. We shall all get to the promised Land. Cheers!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience :-)

2 hours ago, Soft said:

Got my EAD in mail yesterday,  waiting for more updates on I485 ....... We will all be fine with this soon ,Goodluck folks

Congrats!!

Ok just trying to get an idea of how things are going for March filers. 

Comment below on who's waiting for EAD, AOS or both. If you got approved how long did you wait, was there an RFIE or RFE, and type of visa originally filed i.e. K1 (fiancée visa)

Yes I could just go through everyone's timeline but this puts it all in one place for everyone. 

I know each case is different and I shouldn't use other peoples to figure out mine. But I'm impatient! And now that the wait is. Beyond the 90 days I have the itch. I know there are people still waiting well beyond 100 days and it's sad.

Thanks ahead to anyone who posts!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.