3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, KimberleyVDB said:

Actually USCIS DOES process a K1 visa as an immigrant visa. And I didn't file the AOS with in 90 days and do not need to file a I-130. It is a visa intent to stay in USA that's why it's processed that way. When you have a tourist visa or a work visa your intent is to stay for that amount of time that your visa allows you. It says that this section is AOS from a family based visa, so it's not your AOS that's family based but your visa. They are processed differently. SO someone who came to the US on a K1 visa is processed differently, we already had an interview and had to prove our relationship BEFORE we got the visa, that's why as a K1 visa holder you can get a waiver. This also makes timeliness different because it's processed different. 

I understand that this may not seem logical, fair or whatever. But that's just the way USCIS works, not necessarily VJ.

I am completely aware of the facts you've just noted, and also the way these can be processed differently during AOS. I think what I'm trying to communicate is that many work visas are of a dual intent nature exactly as the K-1. Yes, the I-129 basis for AOS can have a material difference over I-130, however as you've found in these forums the stesp and the timelines are often extremely similar, hence why I think a family based AOS forums should reflect the journey for those adjusting on the basis of family rather than the entry. It seems like an unnecessary division.

AOS Journey

03/07/17: I-130, I-485, & I-765 packet sent via FEDEX

03/08/17: Received by USCIS @ 3rd Floor Chicago

03/21/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130, I-485, & I-765

: Online Status I-130,I-765 received on 3/8 and I-485 fingerprint fee accepted 3/15

03/21/17: Received hard-copies of all 4 NOAs in the mail 

03/31/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

04/07/17: Bio-metrics appointment

06/21/17: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/26/17: EAD: "On 6/23 Card Has Been Mailed "

06/27/17: EAD Received

08/14/17: Received hard copy of Interview Scheduled Notice (no online updates)

08/15/17: Received Interview Scheduled Notice via TXT & Email

09/13/17: Interview @ Los Angeles Downtown Office; AOS approved & card ordered

09/15/17: AOS "On 9/15 Card Has Been Mailed"

AOS ROC Journey

(8/16/19) Package sent to Phoenix via FedEx

(8/19/19) Fedex signed for by USCIS 8/19

(8/23/19) Case Recieved text message; NOA1 Notice Date 8/19/19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
15 hours ago, atuegwu said:

hello folks,

I happily and sincerely wish to congratulate all that have gotten their cases updated to something positive this week, we sure are making progress and to all that ae still waiting for good news, I sincerely wish to implore you all to stay calm, steadfast, positive and strong as this isn't a race for the strong nor the swift but I strongly believe we shall all get there. it is never how fast but how well.

On the other hand I humbly wish to submit thus;

- the purpose of all of us being here is for the knowledge it offers and the fact that we are all knitted as one family here for one purpose - becoming USC happily with our families

- the fact that we share our stories and update is because all of us are adjusting our status from whichever status we entered the US to that of a permanent resident

- the fact that USCIS is an unbiased umpire in adjudicating our cases and them and only them alone know the way and method they do that and the procedure they follow

- that if not a family-based adjustment that majority of us are doing owing that we married a USC what other type of adjustment are we doing

- the essence of the classification of tourist/student etc here is just to help visajourney in their statistics which have helped most of us calculate how long it takes to adjust status and perhaps other threads aren't busy and detailed as these ones

- That USCIS do not have preferences in ways the treat or handle our cases and as such I humbly urge us here to share comments and suggestions that will alleviate the already frustrating and nerve wrecking process instead of asking "which visa you are adjusting from"

- I sincere appeal to all to encourage and not discourage others, it is not our duty to legitimize who should be here or not.

Thanks all and God bless!!! have a great weekend all.

Tomorrow will be better than today!!!!

I do hope there is some discrimination and mercy. I already have a job and need an EAD to continue, I've got more breathing room than those who are patiently waiting for an EAD to support their family. I'd wish they process our AOS in a timely fashion but would rather all here from K/B/F/etc.. who cannot work yet, be processed first.

AOS Journey

03/07/17: I-130, I-485, & I-765 packet sent via FEDEX

03/08/17: Received by USCIS @ 3rd Floor Chicago

03/21/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130, I-485, & I-765

: Online Status I-130,I-765 received on 3/8 and I-485 fingerprint fee accepted 3/15

03/21/17: Received hard-copies of all 4 NOAs in the mail 

03/31/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

04/07/17: Bio-metrics appointment

06/21/17: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/26/17: EAD: "On 6/23 Card Has Been Mailed "

06/27/17: EAD Received

08/14/17: Received hard copy of Interview Scheduled Notice (no online updates)

08/15/17: Received Interview Scheduled Notice via TXT & Email

09/13/17: Interview @ Los Angeles Downtown Office; AOS approved & card ordered

09/15/17: AOS "On 9/15 Card Has Been Mailed"

AOS ROC Journey

(8/16/19) Package sent to Phoenix via FedEx

(8/19/19) Fedex signed for by USCIS 8/19

(8/23/19) Case Recieved text message; NOA1 Notice Date 8/19/19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Babigau said:

Thanks. The K-1 to my knowledge is not an immigrant visa, rather a dual intent visa, as many work visas is L, H etc..

This is really just splitting hairs I think.

Granted, there are differences with those that entered under K1 in most cases however I'm saying most of these differences do not warrant a separate forum as the journey is essentially the same. Additionally, what I find annoying is the labeling. Family based AOS covers all of the variations we are discussing, so if there really should be a distinction it should be less ambiguous.

I feel like the forums should be split by AOS category, e.g. C9 as that grouping would group similar experiences.

Agreed and well said. Separating by category might be a better option. But in the end it doesn't affect us too much. We're still a group of happy, yet mostly impatient people all waiting for the same thing lol.

3 hours ago, TL2016 said:

Agreed and well said. Separating by category might be a better option. But in the end it doesn't affect us too much. We're still a group of happy, yet mostly impatient people all waiting for the same thing lol.

Happy and impatient is right!..... maybe slight stressed too :P

AOS Journey

03/25/17: I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 packet sent

03/27/17: USPS confirmation of pickup from PO box

04/04/17: Checks cashed

04/05/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130 (but no notifications of any other application)

04/07/17: Phone call to USCIS to confirm NOA are in the mail for all, I-130, I-485, I-131, & I-765

04/11/17: Received hardcopies of all 4 NOAs in the mail

04/29/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

05/12/17: Biometrics appointment

05/09/2017:Case updated to "Request for Initial Evidence mailed"

05/12/2017: Received RFIE 

05/24/2017: Sent RFIE evidence to USCIS

05/25/2017: Case updated to "Response to USCIS' request for evidence received" 

06/09/2017: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

06/12/2017: Put in service request for EAD

06/15/2017: Service Request shows as complete online. 

06/19/2017: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/21/2017: EAD "Card Is Mailed To Me"

06/25/2017: Received Notice of approvals for EAD & AP

06/26/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline
On 6/2/2017 at 10:50 PM, atuegwu said:

hello folks,

I happily and sincerely wish to congratulate all that have gotten their cases updated to something positive this week, we sure are making progress and to all that ae still waiting for good news, I sincerely wish to implore you all to stay calm, steadfast, positive and strong as this isn't a race for the strong nor the swift but I strongly believe we shall all get there. it is never how fast but how well.

On the other hand I humbly wish to submit thus;

- the purpose of all of us being here is for the knowledge it offers and the fact that we are all knitted as one family here for one purpose - becoming USC happily with our families

- the fact that we share our stories and update is because all of us are adjusting our status from whichever status we entered the US to that of a permanent resident

- the fact that USCIS is an unbiased umpire in adjudicating our cases and them and only them alone know the way and method they do that and the procedure they follow

- that if not a family-based adjustment that majority of us are doing owing that we married a USC what other type of adjustment are we doing

- the essence of the classification of tourist/student etc here is just to help visajourney in their statistics which have helped most of us calculate how long it takes to adjust status and perhaps other threads aren't busy and detailed as these ones

- That USCIS do not have preferences in ways the treat or handle our cases and as such I humbly urge us here to share comments and suggestions that will alleviate the already frustrating and nerve wrecking process instead of asking "which visa you are adjusting from"

- I sincere appeal to all to encourage and not discourage others, it is not our duty to legitimize who should be here or not.

Thanks all and God bless!!! have a great weekend all.

Tomorrow will be better than today!!!!

Hello my dear friend atuegwu, I totally agree with you! Keep the good vibes and have a nice week!

I have a question; Have you received the EAD on the mail yet?

Take care man!

22 hours ago, PinkCandy said:

Hi Becci, 
The latest USCIS updated on mine was around 1am of Saturday.

Congratulations @Kirkuvan Lehtonen and @raini7!!!

Goodluck to all of us here!!! 

Hello Becci! Thank you very much, have a great weekend and good luck!

11 hours ago, Vavoo said:

Hi Everyone.. here's my timeline
Married to USC (2015). Visa B2 overstayed (2014)
I filled my I-485 and I-765 separately
PD I-485: March 14 2017
NOA I-130, I-485: March 27 2017
PD I-765: March 30 2017  #no AP
1st Bio notice:April 7th (I-485)
Received RFIE letter: April 8 (was abt my birthday certificate)
Send RFIE to Lee's summit : April 10
Response to USCIS for RFE was received: April 13
Bio done: April 17
April 24: Letter for I-693. A completed and signed I-693 was not submitted.. I must bring it to the interview
That was the last update.. hope I will hear something this month.. Good luck to everyone:jest:

Hello Vavoo!  First of all I hope you are doing great!

The best of the luck for you too as well, Have a great weekend!

Edited by Kirkuvan Lehtonen

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Kirkuvan Lehtonen said:

Hello my dear friend atuegwu, I totally agree with you! Keep the good vibes and have a nice week!

I have a question; Have you received the EAD on the mail yet?

Take care man!

Hello Becci! Thank you very much, have a great weekend and good luck!

Hello Vavoo!  First of all I hope you are doing great!

The best of the luck for you too as well, Have a great weekend!

@Kirkuvan Lehtonen thanks and wish you same. Sure I got my EAD last Tuesday. Getting ready for my AOS interview on June 21st. I wish everyone the best.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/2/2017 at 7:04 PM, Kirkuvan Lehtonen said:

GUYS!!!!!!

Good news here, I was already ready to wait a few more weeks but I decided to check on USCIS web page once more, kinda hopeless, but for my surprise  I found this;

"New Card Is Being Produced

On June 2, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MS*******, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

I am so excited and happy to finally have some news!

For y'all that are still waiting for news hang in there! I know how hard it is. Don't lose the hope!

BTW I got a RFE in march the 16th about my birth certificate, so in my case it didn't affected for my EAD, my AP still shows the same message than before!

Hang in the guys!

@Kirkuvan Lehtonen Did you sign up for email and text alerts? I've been pretty good about not obsessively checking the USCIS website (down all day today for maintenance), and instead waiting for the email or text, but I'm curious about which one is updated first.

I've got another month to go before the 90 day mark for the EAD, but I still can't help "hoping" I'll get my EAD sooner :). I'm getting through the stress because I'm lucky to have 4 months left on my TN and can work right now. I use the timeline of others who filed ahead of me to try to manage my expectations for the coming month, and I only log into VJ once a week. But every once in a while the stress gets overwhelming!

Sending positive vibes to those that are trapped at home, and slowly losing their minds with the wait that USCIS makes us endure! I personally would take advantage of the forced career leave of absence to upgrade my resume, take some free courses on Coursera or edX and get additional certifications in my field, practice my interviews, sign up for local meetup groups related to my career in my city and begin networking (though I hate networking), or join the PTA at my child's school, or a local charity or volunteer organization. I would go crazy if I was stuck at home all day!

Hugs and best wishes to all!

09/12/2015 - Married my sweetheart of 10 years in Canada (he's a dual citizen)

02/04/2016 - Got TN for 9 month contract and moved to Texas

10/16/2016 - Renewed TN for 12 month contract extension

03/29/2017 - Mailed AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

03/31/2017 - AOS package delivered to USCIS (Chicago Lockbox)

04/11/2017 - Cheques cashed

04/12/2017 - NOA1 (4) received by sms and email (11:30 PM CT)

04/17/2017 - NOA1 (4) received by mail (dated 04/12/17)

04/28/2017 - Biometrics letter received in the mail (dated 04/22/17)

05/09/2017 - Biometrics appointment

07/22/2017 - Text & Email of EAD approval (I-765)

07/25/2017 - Written notice by mail of EAD/AP combo card approval (I-765 & I-131)

07/26/2017 - Text & Email saying "On July 26, 2017, we mailed your new card"

07/29/2017 - Received EAD/AP combo card by mail

12/06/2017 - Received interview notice by mail (dated 11/27/2017)

01/11/2018 - GC Interview (San Antonio). Approved!

01/19/2018 - 10-year GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline
2 hours ago, atuegwu said:

@Kirkuvan Lehtonen thanks and wish you same. Sure I got my EAD last Tuesday. Getting ready for my AOS interview on June 21st. I wish everyone the best.

Good luck, I knoe you will make a good job! Good luck

1 hour ago, 13roots said:

@Kirkuvan Lehtonen Did you sign up for email and text alerts? I've been pretty good about not obsessively checking the USCIS website (down all day today for maintenance), and instead waiting for the email or text, but I'm curious about which one is updated first.

I've got another month to go before the 90 day mark for the EAD, but I still can't help "hoping" I'll get my EAD sooner :). I'm getting through the stress because I'm lucky to have 4 months left on my TN and can work right now. I use the timeline of others who filed ahead of me to try to manage my expectations for the coming month, and I only log into VJ once a week. But every once in a while the stress gets overwhelming!

Sending positive vibes to those that are trapped at home, and slowly losing their minds with the wait that USCIS makes us endure! I personally would take advantage of the forced career leave of absence to upgrade my resume, take some free courses on Coursera or edX and get additional certifications in my field, practice my interviews, sign up for local meetup groups related to my career in my city and begin networking (though I hate networking), or join the PTA at my child's school, or a local charity or volunteer organization. I would go crazy if I was stuck at home all day!

Hugs and best wishes to all!

I didn't ! I wanted to avoid all stress of be waiting, but still the stress was there hahaha!

Honestly I don't know which one is updated first, I am sorry :(

Every case is different and yes, it happens to get the EAD card soon! In my case I got approved in the day 92, still I haven't gotten it on the mail.

Yes, those are really good ways to take the best of this situation, because it is a surprisingly huge amount of stress! 

To all of those out there, you all need to know that you aren't alone, it is always hard to start again  in a new country, far away from home and friends. But this is an amazing journey that will change our lives and we can start over again with our loved ones!

Dearly I wish you the best of the lucks and hang in there!

P.S Sometimes it helps to talk to someone, so if you ever feel like you need to talk to someone I am always around here! Have a good day!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone 

we received our combo card in mail today.

just a recap for our timeline

applied March 14th ( marriage based - Maryland )

got RFIE for AOS and answered on April 11th

EAD status changed to mail is being produced on May 30th

approval notice arrived in mail on June 2nd

card was mailed to me on June 2nd

Combo cards arrived in mail June 5th

now back to the waiting game for the interview notice.

hope our timeline can help you especially people applying from Maryland.

best,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

My Wife got her status changed to "New Card is being produced" for her EAD application.  Now we are just waiting for the interview date for AOS.  Hopefully everyone else in the March pool gets good news this weeks also :)!!

4 hours ago, rose michigan said:

Happy new week March filers.. Am on day 90 Today..but with RFIE.. Good luck to all of us

have you rang and put in a service request yet?

AOS Journey

03/25/17: I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 packet sent

03/27/17: USPS confirmation of pickup from PO box

04/04/17: Checks cashed

04/05/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130 (but no notifications of any other application)

04/07/17: Phone call to USCIS to confirm NOA are in the mail for all, I-130, I-485, I-131, & I-765

04/11/17: Received hardcopies of all 4 NOAs in the mail

04/29/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

05/12/17: Biometrics appointment

05/09/2017:Case updated to "Request for Initial Evidence mailed"

05/12/2017: Received RFIE 

05/24/2017: Sent RFIE evidence to USCIS

05/25/2017: Case updated to "Response to USCIS' request for evidence received" 

06/09/2017: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

06/12/2017: Put in service request for EAD

06/15/2017: Service Request shows as complete online. 

06/19/2017: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/21/2017: EAD "Card Is Mailed To Me"

06/25/2017: Received Notice of approvals for EAD & AP

06/26/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, rose michigan said:

Happy new week March filers.. Am on day 90 Today..but with RFIE.. Good luck to all of us

When is the time you start counting the days? Is it the day of notice received or after the biometric?

25 minutes ago, Arnel villarreal said:

When is the time you start counting the days? Is it the day of notice received or after the biometric?

I was told to start counting the days from the received date on your NOA1.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.