3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I received the  appointment letter for my wife's biometrics today in the mail. It is 2 weeks from today. I thought the appointment would be in San Francisco, 2 hours away. Fortunately, there is a local USCIS office in Santa Rosa, only 45 minutes away.:D Last weekend we lost the 3 letters that our applications were received. My wife's purse was stolen from the car and the purse contained the 3 letters. :angry:

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
32 minutes ago, wef said:

I received the  appointment letter for my wife's biometrics today in the mail. It is 2 weeks from today. I thought the appointment would be in San Francisco, 2 hours away. Fortunately, there is a local USCIS office in Santa Rosa, only 45 minutes away.:D Last weekend we lost the 3 letters that our applications were received. My wife's purse was stolen from the car and the purse contained the 3 letters. :angry:

@wef congratulations and sorry about your loss, please more careful with all your papers and everything concerning this process. good luck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Received Biometrics letters for my wife and daughter today.  It's on May 3rd at 8am.  I should be receiving the RFIE letter on Monday.  

K1 VISA

09/21/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

09/22/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

09/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

10/01/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

11/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

11/05/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F

11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Left NVC to Consulate/Embassy

11/29/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/27/16....Medical

01/03/17....Interview

01/05/17....Visa Issued

01/10/17...Visa in Hand

01/28/17....POE at LAX

02/10/17....Got married.

AOS

03/09/17....Sent AOS Package

03/13/17....AOS Delivered

04/10/17....Checks cashed

04/11/17....NOA1 Texts and Emails 

04/17/17...Received hard copies in the mail

04/19/17...Received RFIE Notice via text and email

04/21/17...Received biometrics letters for wife and daughter in the mail

04/24/17...Received RFIE letter in the mail (they need I-864 even though I sent them the right form)

04/25/17...Sent RFIE via USPS Express mail 

04/26/17...RFIE package delivered and signed for.

04/28/17...Received notification via text that USCIS received our RFIE and that the case was updated again.

05/03/17...Biometric appointment for wife and daughter.

05/31/17...Received RFE via text and email for I765 & I-131

06/05/17...Received hard copies of RFE (they want to know whether to send documents to preparer's address or mailing address, which are the same...grrr) 

06/06/17...Sent USPS overnight express response of RFE to USCIS

06/07/17...USCIS received response to RFE

06/14/17...New EAD status: New Card is Being Produced

06/16/17....New EAD status: Card was Mailed to Me

06/19/17....Received hard copies of EAD/AP approvals

06/22/17....Received EAD/AP combo card.

11/06/17....AOS Interview scheduled: APPROVED!!

11/15/17... Received Green Card in the mail.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Denis & San said:

Received Biometrics letters for my wife and daughter today.  It's on May 3rd at 8am.  I should be receiving the RFIE letter on Monday.  

@Denis & San finally congratulations and good luck. hope the venue isn't too far from your place of residence, all the same safest trip. the RFIE will be an easy fix I believe. cheers!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
12 hours ago, Apfel said:

The PO box is for regular and priority mail, the other address is for Express and Courier service. it varies based on your type of RFIE. for example ours said that exact PO Box, but the Chipman Rd address did not have a suite number, it just said "USCIS, Attention: Adjustment of Status" then the address. 

Make sure you choose an address from your specific letter :) 

Thank you :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

yes its written in the letter also but there was another address also. I wanted to make sure i send in the correct address. And i an going to send via priority mail. Thank you :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

My biometrics appointment is this week about 20 mins away from my house conviniently located on my way to work ;)    Still don't have any updates on my request to expedite my EAD but since they need fingerprints for the card I'm assuming I'll hear something after my appointment. In the mean time my current EAD expires May 19. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kalciaa said:

My biometrics appointment is this week about 20 mins away from my house conviniently located on my way to work ;)    Still don't have any updates on my request to expedite my EAD but since they need fingerprints for the card I'm assuming I'll hear something after my appointment. In the mean time my current EAD expires May 19. 

On your way to work? How are you working if you don't have your EAD yet? Unless you mean that it is in your way to your future working place. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

On your way to work? How are you working if you don't have your EAD yet? Unless you mean that it is in your way to your future working place. 

I have a work permit for my opt on f1 via. It expires soon though. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kalciaa said:

I have a work permit for my opt on f1 via. It expires soon though. 

Ah okay. Let us know how your expedite request goes after the biometrics appointment. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On Thu Apr 20 2017 at 10:42 PM, RenoZiv said:

So I got my NOA1 text on Easter Sunday! And the hard copies were recieved today!!!

How long after the first NOA1 did you guys get your biometrics appointment letter?

I think it depends, I have waiting for 3 weeks.

03/20/2017-  Sent AOS package

03/22/2017-  Package delivered

03/31/2017-  Received NOA1 texts(3)+Emails(4) 

04/03/2017-  Received 4 mails of NOA1 and case trackable online

05/01/2017-  Filed request for biometrics appointment 

05/04/2017-  Original mail was lost and missed bio appointment on 4/28

05/04/2017-  Request for reschedule bio appointment

05/11/2017-  50 days mark

05/15/2017-  Called USCIS and knew the date of bio appointment

05/19/2017-  Biometrics letter received in mail

06/02/2017-  Biometrics appointment

06/05/2017-  75 days mark

06/09/2017-  Ready to be scheduled for interveiw

06/20/2017-  90 days mark

06/21/2017-  Filed request for EAD

06/26/2017-  Received notice letter for interview

06/30/2017-  100 days mark

07/03/2017-  EAD card is being produced

07/07/2017-  Card mailed out

07/12/2017-  Combo card arrived

07/20/2017-  120 days mark

07/31/2017-  Interview&new card is being produced

08/03/2017-  Received notice letter

08/04/2017-  Card mailed to us

08/05/2017-  Received card in mail  (Day 136)

7 hours ago, Cynthia68 said:

I think it depends, I have waiting for 3 weeks.

I just got my appointment in the mail on Friday. Maybe you should try calling don't hurt the worse it could be is they tell you sorry we can't do anything before bla bla days call then. 

Edited by RenoZiv
typo

Has anyone got an EAD approval yet? looking on the section for average wait times looks to be about 30 days ish from biometrics appointment. (varies on if you filed via mail or efiled) 42 if you e-file or 29 if by mail. (weird I know you would think it would be the opposite!) Here is the link for those that are curious! http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/eadstats.php

On another note! I really wish they had something like we had with Igors List like we did with the K1s for theses AOS EAD AP would really be nice!! Does anyone know if there is? I seem to rememeber a place whecasre it populated a list according to your case number and it would populate a list of so many (that you specified) and you could see statuses of cases near yours.

Sorry if I have to ask the question again but which of the date is the one where I can estimate when I get my EAD?

I sent AOS,EAD and AP to USCIS on February 21st. They received it on February 24th. Got NOA1 in the mail on March 14th.

Edited by Becci391
ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Timeline
1 hour ago, RenoZiv said:

Has anyone got an EAD approval yet? looking on the section for average wait times looks to be about 30 days ish from biometrics appointment. (varies on if you filed via mail or efiled) 42 if you e-file or 29 if by mail. (weird I know you would think it would be the opposite!) Here is the link for those that are curious! http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/eadstats.php

On another note! I really wish they had something like we had with Igors List like we did with the K1s for theses AOS EAD AP would really be nice!! Does anyone know if there is? I seem to rememeber a place whecasre it populated a list according to your case number and it would populate a list of so many (that you specified) and you could see statuses of cases near yours.

You're looking at the list wrong. The average time between biometrics and EAD approval is 57 days according to the stats. I don't even know how you'd e-file it. And that works out, because the average from the first NOA to biometrics is roughly 30 days and then another 60ish = 90 days. 

@Becci391

You go by the USCIS received date that you find online. 

Edited by TL2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.