3,975 posts in this topic

So I got my NOA1 text on Easter Sunday! And the hard copies were recieved today!!!

How long after the first NOA1 did you guys get your biometrics appointment letter?

2 minutes ago, RenoZiv said:

So I got my NOA1 text on Easter Sunday! And the hard copies were recieved today!!!

How long after the first NOA1 did you guys get your biometrics appointment letter?

. You usually receive the letter a week after you received the hard copies.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, soulstriker said:

Got my hardcopy noa1 letter for i485 and i 765 ,didnt get one for the 131 yet,and it seems we got our biometrics appointment provided on the letter as well, does this alao count aa the biometric appointment letter?

@soulstriker congratulations on your NOA1 and biometrics appointment. good luck in all you do ahead.

7 hours ago, IkaStuart said:

So...Little update :). I had biometrics appointment today. I was the only person there (I am from Delaware but they send me to Maryland-closest one). I also send things they asked as a RFIE. What is next? How long after biometric working permit will arrive? Oooh I really need that one.

Hope everybody is doing great :)

@IkaStuart congratulations on the success your biometrics. the wait continues, the EAD may take up to 60-90 days from now. good luck

6 hours ago, DorothyLa said:

in my RFIE it was saying COPY of it. So i sent copy of my original birth certificate. 

I sent original the first one and they asked copy of it. Weird.

EDIT: I am done biometrics today. Took 10 minutes. But jacksonville was too far away from us. 5 hours driving there and 5 hours driving back. Exhausting. 

@DorothyLa congratulations on the success of your biometrics appointment and the safest trip at the long trip (10 hours), I can imagine how exhausting that could be. good luck ahead.

2 hours ago, RenoZiv said:

@RenoZiv congratulations. it takes like one week to get the biometrics appointment letter after the NOA1 letter. good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On Thursday, April 06, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Becci391 said:

Is this the address to send RFIE? Just want to make sure.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

P.O. Box 648004

Lee’s Summit, MO 64002

9 hours ago, raini7 said:
On 4/6/2017 at 1:01 PM, Becci391 said:

P.O. Box 648004

Lee’s Summit, MO 64002

USCIS/NBC

Attn: RFE Response

850 NW Chipman Road, Ste 5000

Lee’s Summit, MO 64063

That's the right address. But it should also be in the RFIE letter you received, USCIS normally tells you where to send additional paperwork.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline
19 hours ago, soulstriker said:

Got my hardcopy noa1 letter for i485 and i 765 ,didnt get one for the 131 yet,and it seems we got our biometrics appointment provided on the letter as well, does this alao count aa the biometric appointment letter?

I didn't receive mine too. only two letters AOS and EAD

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Timeline

well got my noa1 hardcopies all three of them today, weird how i got my biometric letter yesterday before these but o well =), biometric appt may 4th and only 20mins away from my place

still waiting for my biometric letter, it has been almost a month since I got my NOA1. submitted a service request on USCIS website last week, it told me to expect a reply by May 5. 

I am wondering if the biometric appointment will influence my EAD/AP or i485 approval, will the whole thing being paused and won't move forward till they get mine fingerprints?

Edited by kimy33

03/14/2017 AOS package arrived (I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131)

03/23/2017 1st NOAs received (text and emails for all 4 forms)

03/23/2017 check cashed 

03/27/2017 1st NOAs received in mail

04/22/2017 biometric letter 

05/03/2017 biometric appointment 

05/09/2017 case is ready to be scheduled for interview 

07/03/2017 EAD card is being produced 

07/07/2017 EAD card is mailed to me

04/03/2018 Filed for EAD renewal 

06/15/2018 AOS interview was scheduled 

06/21/2018 received interview letter 

07/23/2018 interview

07/24/2018 case approved 

07/28/2018 card in hand 

Just received my biometrics appointment letter. YAY! It's on May the 3rd in West Sacramento which is approx. 20 mins away. 

I kinda think it's funny how getting this letter is making me a bit nervous! LOL! It's a good kind of nervous though.

I can't wait to get my EAD so I can get back to work etc.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, kimy33 said:

still waiting for my biometric letter, it has been almost a month since I got my NOA1. submitted a service request on USCIS website last week, it told me to expect a reply by May 5. 

I am wondering if the biometric appointment will influence my EAD/AP or i485 approval, will the whole thing being paused and won't move forward till they get mine fingerprints?

Hi,I have been waiting for 3 weeks, still no biometrics letter. So sad.

03/20/2017-  Sent AOS package

03/22/2017-  Package delivered

03/31/2017-  Received NOA1 texts(3)+Emails(4) 

04/03/2017-  Received 4 mails of NOA1 and case trackable online

05/01/2017-  Filed request for biometrics appointment 

05/04/2017-  Original mail was lost and missed bio appointment on 4/28

05/04/2017-  Request for reschedule bio appointment

05/11/2017-  50 days mark

05/15/2017-  Called USCIS and knew the date of bio appointment

05/19/2017-  Biometrics letter received in mail

06/02/2017-  Biometrics appointment

06/05/2017-  75 days mark

06/09/2017-  Ready to be scheduled for interveiw

06/20/2017-  90 days mark

06/21/2017-  Filed request for EAD

06/26/2017-  Received notice letter for interview

06/30/2017-  100 days mark

07/03/2017-  EAD card is being produced

07/07/2017-  Card mailed out

07/12/2017-  Combo card arrived

07/20/2017-  120 days mark

07/31/2017-  Interview&new card is being produced

08/03/2017-  Received notice letter

08/04/2017-  Card mailed to us

08/05/2017-  Received card in mail  (Day 136)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
38 minutes ago, KimberleyVDB said:

Just received my biometrics appointment letter. YAY! It's on May the 3rd in West Sacramento which is approx. 20 mins away. 

I kinda think it's funny how getting this letter is making me a bit nervous! LOL! It's a good kind of nervous though.

Awesome!

By the way, the biometrics appointment is really nothing to be nervous about. You go there, get your fingerprints and picture taken, maybe they'll verify your name and that's it. You could be in and out of the building in less than 20 minutes. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Received my biometric appointment too. for 2nd May in Houston.  So eager to get back to work too. hahah! according to the timelines here on vj, we could receive the EAD combo about 4 weeks after the biometrics done. Again we don't all have the same cases, so it might be longer or shorter for others. Let's all be patient! y'all have a great weekend.

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

7 minutes ago, Nin&Way said:

Received my biometric appointment too. for 2nd May in Houston.  So eager to get back to work too. hahah! according to the timelines here on vj, we could receive the EAD combo about 4 weeks after the biometrics done. Again we don't all have the same cases, so it might be longer or shorter for others. Let's all be patient! y'all have a great weekend.

YAY!! 

OMG wouldn't that be amazing!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
16 hours ago, raini7 said:
On 4/6/2017 at 10:01 AM, Becci391 said:

P.O. Box 648004

Lee’s Summit, MO 64002

6 hours ago, Becci391 said:

USCIS/NBC

Attn: RFE Response

850 NW Chipman Road, Ste 5000

Lee’s Summit, MO 64063

That's the right address. But it should also be in the RFIE letter you received, USCIS normally tells you where to send additional paperwork.

The PO box is for regular and priority mail, the other address is for Express and Courier service. it varies based on your type of RFIE. for example ours said that exact PO Box, but the Chipman Rd address did not have a suite number, it just said "USCIS, Attention: Adjustment of Status" then the address. 

Make sure you choose an address from your specific letter :) 

03-16-2017 Sent I-130, I-145, I-131, and I-765 renewal to Chicago Lockbox

03-20-2017 Priority Date according to I-797C

03-28-2017 NOA1 Text and Email notifications received

04-03-2017 NOA1 documents received in the mail 

04-05-2017 RFIE notification

04-07-2017 Biometrics letter arrived

04-10-2017 RFIE letter received for birth certificate (that we already sent)

04-11-2017 InfoPass and mailed RFIE response

04-19-2017 RFIE response received by USCIS

04-21-2017 Biometrics appointment

06-08-2017 EAD/AP approved (day 80)

10-03-2017 Sent online case status inquiry for I-485

11-06-2017 InfoPass appointment about case status 

12-05-2017 Requested case update from Congressperson's office

01-22-2018 Interview!! Approved on the spot

Timeline
6 hours ago, soulstriker said:

well got my noa1 hardcopies all three of them today, weird how i got my biometric letter yesterday before these but o well =), biometric appt may 4th and only 20mins away from my place

@soulstriker wow! Such a rare occurrence. A very big congratulations and good luck ahead.

5 hours ago, kimy33 said:

@kimy33 it is sad and disturbing but I sincerely encourage you to hang in there, be a little more patient and strong, hopefully you shall soon hear from them. J think it does delay the EAD/AP because the data from the biometrics is included in the combo card. I am praying  for you and all of us. Good luck.

3 hours ago, KimberleyVDB said:

@KimberleyVDB congratulations and as  I saw during my biometrics and also told by the cheerful lady that attended to me, it is the easiest of this whole process, so relax and be strong. It shall go very well. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Nin&Way said:

@Nin&Way congratulations and sure that is all we pray for to get it as fast as possible but with the recent timelines I have been reading, it is between two to three months after the biometrics and like you rightly said, our cases are not the same, we may still be very lucky and have it faster. Good luck and have an awesome weekend too. Cheers!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.