3,975 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Maizy said:

I quoted my original post...

This is the 28th day since I mailed my application. I just got an email from lockbox support saying my case was rejected on March 22 because of incorrect filing feeeeee. I havent check my mailbox yet. But I cannot believe I got the check amount wrong!!!!! I had a full checklist with everything including a correct check amount there. Still cannot believe it happened.......HOW STUPID!!! 

Anyway, I called their national customer service center, always asked me to schedule a call back and no one call back at all. I sent three emails, and today I got a reply. I kind of think now that all different number/email/department has their own scope of work. So my case (no receipt number) should only be replied by the lockbox support email......The whole thing is my bad. So I have to be frustrated by my own mistake......Good thing is I dont need to redo my application, just send back the package with a new check. They already documented everything with proper stamps whatever on the paper works, and I got all 4 receipt number....

So relief that at least I heard from them......So just be patient, I know its easier said than done. Hang in there. 

Hopefully it will go fast this time,, good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone! just an update: we got 6 text messages and 6 email notifications last night.  Does anyone here know for how long would we wait to get/receive the approved AP/EAD? Thank you!

Edited by IMPC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 minutes ago, IMPC said:

hello everyone! just an update: we got 6 text messages and 6 email notifications last night.  Does anyone here know for how long would we wait to get/receive the approved AP/EAD? Thank you!

You can always check your timeline and it will give approximate dates. It was pretty accurate when my fiancee and I did the K-1 visa, but don't know about AP/EAD.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=181346

3/24/2017 : AOS, EAD, AP mailed to Chicago, IL PO box

3/25/2017 : AOS, EAD, AP delivered to Chicago, IL PO box

3/27/2017 : AOS, EAD, AP picked up from Chicago, IL PO box

4/5/2017 : Received 3 NOA text messages

4/10/2017 : Received 3 NOA letters in mail. Notice date April 4 2017; Received date 3/27/2017

4/14/2017 : Received letter in mail for biometrics appointment. Scheduled on April 24th

4/24/2017 : Biometrics completed in 30 minutes, no problemo.

5/11/2017 : Status for AOS updated, RFIE

5/15/2017 : Received RFIE letter. I-864 does not meet requirements

5/16/2017 : RFIE Response sent with co-sponsor's I-864 as well as copy of DS-3025

5/17/2017 : RFIE Response delivered and signed for

5/19/2017 : Status for AOS updated, RFIE response received

6/12/2017 : Filed online service request for I-765 (EAD)

6/14/2017 : Received response to I-765 (EAD) online service request. Case within processing time

7/10/2017 : Filed second online service request for I-765 (EAD)

7/18:2017 : Received response to second I-765 (EAD) online service request. Case is under review and decision or notice will be sent soon.

8/2/2017 : 75 days since USCIS received RFIE response. 

8/22/2017 : Interview for AOS is scheduled on September 27th, Portland OR office

9/1/2017 : EAD case status changed to new EAD card is being produced

9/6/2017 : AP case status changed to "Case was approved"

9/6/2017 : EAD case status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

9/9/2017 : EAD/AP combo card received in mail

9/27/2017 : AOS Interview: Approved

9/28/2017 : AOS case status changed to "New card is being produced"

10/2/2017 : AOS NOA Approval letter received in mail. Approval date 9/28/2017

10/4/2017 : Green Card mailed via USPS Priority Mail (info from USPS Informed Delivery)

10/6/2017 : Green Card received in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I received my husband NOA's yesterday. My income is not enough to cover 4 of us but I did not send any co-sponsor with my application I only sent mine. I want to know if I will get RFE before the biometrics please.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, vosovski said:

You can always check your timeline and it will give approximate dates. It was pretty accurate when my fiancee and I did the K-1 visa, but don't know about AP/EAD.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=181346

thank you! :)

32 minutes ago, Darren 1 said:

I received my husband NOA's yesterday. My income is not enough to cover 4 of us but I did not send any co-sponsor with my application I only sent mine. I want to know if I will get RFE before the biometrics please.

That's difficult to say when you will get the RFE. In the December AOS Thread there's been a lot of people getting their RFEs at day 70-80, so pretty late. Recently the RFEs have been given pretty early, around the biometrics date. 

Why did you send the AOS papers without co-sponsor if you knew that your income is not enough?

You will likely not get an RFE but a RFIE (Request for INITIAL evidence). That is worse than a RFE because no matter at which point you will get it, it reverses your husbands waiting time back to 0 while a normal RFE would just pick up where they left off. That being said there are people who got a RFIE and their processing was not significantly longer than the ones who just got a normal RFE but it even states so on the USCIS website that a RFIE turns the waiting time back to zero, so you never know how this mistake might influence your husbands processing time. Hoping for the best of course!

Hi new here.

AOS by marriage. We went through the lawyer even though I rather do it myself. Waiting for biometrics appt letter.

Timeline:

Sent package: 03/03/2017

Receipt Notices: 03/13/2017 (NBC)

Received Hard Copy of NOA: 03/17/2017

I've been checking my email if my lawyer receive the notice for the biometric appt and nothing yet. I can't also check my status online yet. Hopefully I'll receive that notice soon. I'm so anxious. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

That's difficult to say when you will get the RFE. In the December AOS Thread there's been a lot of people getting their RFEs at day 70-80, so pretty late. Recently the RFEs have been given pretty early, around the biometrics date. 

Why did you send the AOS papers without co-sponsor if you knew that your income is not enough?

You will likely not get an RFE but a RFIE (Request for INITIAL evidence). That is worse than a RFE because no matter at which point you will get it, it reverses your husbands waiting time back to 0 while a normal RFE would just pick up where they left off. That being said there are people who got a RFIE and their processing was not significantly longer than the ones who just got a normal RFE but it even states so on the USCIS website that a RFIE turns the waiting time back to zero, so you never know how this mistake might influence your husbands processing time. Hoping for the best of course!

Thank you for sharing that with me because my dad will be my co-sponsor he was out of state for four months with his job I did not want my husband I94 expired and I just sent them without the co-sponsor he is back in the state I already have everything filled out from him he already gave me everything except his pay stubs when they sent the RFE the same week I will send them back.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 3/26/2017 at 9:58 PM, SAK214 said:

Good luck for both of us! By the way, I'm also filing for AOS from F-1 status:)

I'm also adjusting my status from F-1. They received my documents on the 16th, just 3 days after yours. However, I haven't received any texts/messages yet :(. I'm starting to worry now. Hope my package is ok :( 

01/09/2011 - Arrived United States

11/15/2012 - Officially dated my husband

11/30/2015 - Got married

03/15/2017 - AOS package sent but got rejected 

04/22/2017 - AOS package re-sent

04/24/2017 - AOS package delivered at USCIS, Chicago

05/12/2017 - Text/Email Receipt received (1 text, 1 email) for I-130

05/13/2017 - Received I-797C for I-485/I-765/I-131 in mail (USCIS couldn't find my record for I-130 approval)

05/15/2017 - Check cashed (I-130)

05/19/2017 - Received NOA1 for I-130 

05/20/2017 - Resubmitted I-485/I-765/I-131

05/22/2017 - I-485 delivered at Chicago P.O. Box

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, kara&mati said:

My husband just got his biometrics done this morning in the Detroit office. He said it was simple and took about 5 minutes total, from the time he walked in to when he left. Now onto the next step. Good luck everyone. Let the wait begin. 

Wow!! a very big congratulations to you guys, our first on this thread for this...thumbs up. so happy for you. wishing you the best as we continue the wait. good luck.

6 hours ago, Apfel said:

I sent my package on March 16 and they just cashed the checks! No texts or NOA yet but this is progress!

congratulations and good luck. texts and emails plus hardcopy NOA1 will sure start coming in within the week. keep it positive. good luck

6 hours ago, soulstriker said:

hey peeps 

just sent our package yesterday so glad to get that thing done , another journey begins, i see some of my fellow sept k1 fillers here =)

congratulations on this progress. sure it will go through smoothly. good luck.

6 hours ago, cheetah123 said:

Can any of you good fellows confirm this information that I obtained from their website. When sending your AOS package when adjudicating from K1 visa we are supposed to send our package to this address:

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

you are good with the address. good luck

3 hours ago, SparklePony said:

Some people get them in the middle of the day but late night texts/emails do seem to be common. It certainly happened to us - got all 6 NOA notifications late last night! :) The checks were cashed this morning, too. What a relief - just shy of 3 weeks after sending it all in. 

congratulations and good luck.

3 hours ago, Maizy said:

I quoted my original post...

This is the 28th day since I mailed my application. I just got an email from lockbox support saying my case was rejected on March 22 because of incorrect filing feeeeee. I havent check my mailbox yet. But I cannot believe I got the check amount wrong!!!!! I had a full checklist with everything including a correct check amount there. Still cannot believe it happened.......HOW STUPID!!! 

Anyway, I called their national customer service center, always asked me to schedule a call back and no one call back at all. I sent three emails, and today I got a reply. I kind of think now that all different number/email/department has their own scope of work. So my case (no receipt number) should only be replied by the lockbox support email......The whole thing is my bad. So I have to be frustrated by my own mistake......Good thing is I dont need to redo my application, just send back the package with a new check. They already documented everything with proper stamps whatever on the paper works, and I got all 4 receipt number....

So relief that at least I heard from them......So just be patient, I know its easier said than done. Hang in there. 

ohhh ohhh! so sad to hear this but all the same be strong and stay positive, it will go through this time. good luck.

2 hours ago, IMPC said:

congratulations so far. going by other peoples' timelines it takes up to 90 to 120 days, just relax and stay motivated, it is difficult but there isn't anything you can do. good luck

2 hours ago, Darren 1 said:

congratulations on the progress and update, you will have to stay to hear from USCIS on that but I believe they will get back to you soon, just gather all that is need from your co-sponsor so as to send out your reply asap. good luck.

1 hour ago, asantos said:

Hi new here.

AOS by marriage. We went through the lawyer even though I rather do it myself. Waiting for biometrics appt letter.

Timeline:

Sent package: 03/03/2017

Receipt Notices: 03/13/2017 (NBC)

Received Hard Copy of NOA: 03/17/2017

I've been checking my email if my lawyer receive the notice for the biometric appt and nothing yet. I can't also check my status online yet. Hopefully I'll receive that notice soon. I'm so anxious. 

welcome on board this thread and congratulations on your progress so far. your case is being updated at the USCIS site and keep checking, it will show up soon, mine took like 10 days or more to show up. good luck.

27 minutes ago, Pinkielicious said:

I'm also adjusting my status from F-1. They received my documents on the 16th, just 3 days after yours. However, I haven't received any texts/messages yet :(. I'm starting to worry now. Hope my package is ok :( 

please remain strong and positive, they will get back to you soon. good luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, atuegwu said:

please remain strong and positive, they will get back to you soon. good luck.

Thank you for your kind words, atuegwu! I understand that some of you might have waited for more than 20 days for texts/messages, but I'm still worried. This wait is not fun at all. The longer it takes, the more I'm afraid that something is missing or wrong with my package, and they'll send it back to me. For now, I'll just keep praying to receive their texts/messages soon.

01/09/2011 - Arrived United States

11/15/2012 - Officially dated my husband

11/30/2015 - Got married

03/15/2017 - AOS package sent but got rejected 

04/22/2017 - AOS package re-sent

04/24/2017 - AOS package delivered at USCIS, Chicago

05/12/2017 - Text/Email Receipt received (1 text, 1 email) for I-130

05/13/2017 - Received I-797C for I-485/I-765/I-131 in mail (USCIS couldn't find my record for I-130 approval)

05/15/2017 - Check cashed (I-130)

05/19/2017 - Received NOA1 for I-130 

05/20/2017 - Resubmitted I-485/I-765/I-131

05/22/2017 - I-485 delivered at Chicago P.O. Box

3 hours ago, Darren 1 said:

Thank you for sharing that with me because my dad will be my co-sponsor he was out of state for four months with his job I did not want my husband I94 expired and I just sent them without the co-sponsor he is back in the state I already have everything filled out from him he already gave me everything except his pay stubs when they sent the RFE the same week I will send them back.

Hmm I think it would've been a lot better if you just had waited for your dad to be back or arranged his documents via mail instead. Worst case scenario is that you just prolonged your husbands processing time by like 70-90 days (including EAD). The expiration of your husband's I-94 doesn't mean that he would've gotten deported or anything. As long as he would've not gotten involved with the police he would've been fine. And if your father is back and you just got the NOA1 means that he would've just been out of status for a few weeks. But anyways what done is done. What you can do is just submit the co-sponsor documents immediately hoping that they will get to your other documents in time before the RFIE is issued. Take your NOA1 and make a copy of it and put that to your documents that you need to send them. Look up the RFE address for AOS at the national benefit center and send your documents there. There are VJ members who say it's a waste of time and it won't do anything while there are others who did this successfully. It's worth a try I think :) 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

Hmm I think it would've been a lot better if you just had waited for your dad to be back or arranged his documents via mail instead. Worst case scenario is that you just prolonged your husbands processing time by like 70-90 days (including EAD). The expiration of your husband's I-94 doesn't mean that he would've gotten deported or anything. As long as he would've not gotten involved with the police he would've been fine. And if your father is back and you just got the NOA1 means that he would've just been out of status for a few weeks. But anyways what done is done. What you can do is just submit the co-sponsor documents immediately hoping that they will get to your other documents in time before the RFIE is issued. Take your NOA1 and make a copy of it and put that to your documents that you need to send them. Look up the RFE address for AOS at the national benefit center and send your documents there. There are VJ members who say it's a waste of time and it won't do anything while there are others who did this successfully. It's worth a try I think :) 

Ok thank u for that information I will do that.

Hey guys. Congrats everyone on the progress. Just hold on!

I have a question. How long after they receive fingerprint fee do we get biometric appointment date? In my case status it says they recieve that on March 20.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.