adityaag

New York City AOS 2017 Filers

406 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, shila75 said:

Just a quick update.... Today I called our lawyers as we wanted to know for how long we still have to wait for the interview . 

The lawyer said that he can't understand, but lately USCIS calling for interview people who filed in 2018 instead of processing the older cases.... like ours 2017 filers..... urgggghh How can that be possible??? It is just not right! We all have been here for so long waiting! 

Let's hope that they will take us 2017 filers in consideration as well very soon!!!!

Have a lovely day everyone!

Thank you for your update Shila, what is your case status online right now, My lawyer said if your case status changed into , no information to share at right now, means your case already in local filed office. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
8 minutes ago, YAN Yan said:

Thank you for your update Shila, what is your case status online right now, My lawyer said if your case status changed into , no information to share at right now, means your case already in local filed office. 

Yes my case is in No information to share right now. But since months already... 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

PD 04/28/2017 NYC 401 days n still no interview in sight. Anyone else in similar situation plz share. Only last week I reapply for renewal  work document n AP since these expires soon. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
6 minutes ago, starkynyc said:

PD 6/21 2017 from Brooklyn NYC

Case status shows “at this time uscis cannot provide...”

called them yesterday and the level 2 officer told me that she saw my case is at the local office and is currently in queue for the interview appointment. 

So I guess it’s any day now I could be getting my letter?

My case online says the same since January... and my PD is 6/30  2017... and I am still waiting ! I wish you tons of luck! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, starkynyc said:

PD 6/21 2017 from Brooklyn NYC

Case status shows “at this time uscis cannot provide...”

called them yesterday and the level 2 officer told me that she saw my case is at the local office and is currently in queue for the interview appointment. 

So I guess it’s any day now I could be getting my letter?

My PD 05/03/2017 and Case status shows “cannot provide” since April 18. And I still didn’t get interview letter

3 minutes ago, shila75 said:

My case online says the same since January... and my PD is 6/30  2017... and I am still waiting ! I wish you tons of luck! 

Thanks, you too!!

my friend from Queens ( Astoria) got his interview for July 10  two days ago and his PD is June 27. So you might be getting something this or next week

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, starkynyc said:

Ohh I see

Well I guess people who live in Queens are getting interviews faster than those who live in Brooklyn.. or it doesn’t really matter. 

This process is making me crazy haha

I just googled Brooklyn has office too. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had our GC interview yesterday at the Jacob Javits federal bldg in Manhattan (we live in Sunnyside, Queens).  

We didn’t get approval or denial, just pending result, but told we could expect approval but may have to submit a new medical exam.  we had an overseas exam during the K1 process - I explained and showed USCIS documentation from the medical exam instructions pdf that - while, yes, it’s been more than a year since we filed, that the requirement was only that we file our overseas exam document within a year of the exam.  The agent told us that she would have to check with her supervisor but thought that we would need a new exam.  

About an hour after we left, we received the status update that our new card is in production, so I’m guessing the supervisor agreed with me, and / or the agent decided to approve us.

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=245604

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.