Ray&Ash

I-129F November 2016 Filers - Part 2

2,907 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, JahRyl said:

hello! i just called NVC and got our case number. 

how about you guys?

Hi JahRyl...I see your fiancee is from Philippines also. I got NOA-2 on 4/4 and still have heard nothing yet from the NVC. I tried calling on the non-immigrant 1-800 number and was told by recording that I need her passport #. Well, due to a mixup, she had to re-apply for her voter registration ID, which did not show up on the passport web site as a required ID. Did you have a passport # or were you able to work around that in getting your MNL #?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Bob_B said:

Hi JahRyl...I see your fiancee is from Philippines also. I got NOA-2 on 4/4 and still have heard nothing yet from the NVC. I tried calling on the non-immigrant 1-800 number and was told by recording that I need her passport #. Well, due to a mixup, she had to re-apply for her voter registration ID, which did not show up on the passport web site as a required ID. Did you have a passport # or were you able to work around that in getting your MNL #?

Hello! I'm the beneficiary from the Philippines but we filed in Qatar USEM. 

When I called NVC, they just asked for my full name and date of birth and the receipt number from uscis (beneficiary). And also my fiances fullname and date of birth. They did verify all those details and gave me our case number. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, JahRyl said:

Hello! I'm the beneficiary from the Philippines but we filed in Qatar USEM. 

When I called NVC, they just asked for my full name and date of birth and the receipt number from uscis (beneficiary). And also my fiances fullname and date of birth. They did verify all those details and gave me our case number. 

When you called NVC to get your MNL #, did you phone the immigrant or non-immigrant phone #? I called the non-immigrant number and the recording said I needed my fiancee's passport #. The immigrant visa line did not require that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
7 hours ago, JahRyl said:

how about you guys?

Yes, we got ours on the April 27, but unfortunately, they sent the application to the wrong country.  My fiance was born in Tegucigalpa, Honduras but has been living in Costa Rica for the last few years.  When we got the approval letter, it was specified the consulate was San Jose not Tegucigalpa.  Well, after talking to so many different customer service.  They finally told me they were going to make sure the application got to the right consulate.  So, right now is in transit to Tegucigalpa, once is there God only knows how but NVC assured me they are going to send it to Costa Rica.  I am a 47 years woman but I was crying like a young girl.  How did this happened.  I don't know.  Needless to say, I am going to call Tegucigalpa, Costa Rica and wherever I need to call to make sure my application finally gets to the right place.

I am so glad that you got your case number.  I wish you guys the best.  Blessings.

10 hours ago, JahRyl said:

how about you guys?

What did you press after the phone number? 

I pressed 1 then 2. The reps always ask me for the WAC number only then said they havent received it yet.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, chauphuong said:

What did you press after the phone number? 

I pressed 1 then 2. The reps always ask me for the WAC number only then said they havent received it yet.

Did you have to supply a passport number?

Timeline
1 minute ago, chauphuong said:

I was never asked that.

When I call the number for non-immigrant visa, the recording says I need my fiancee's passport number, which due to a stupid complication, she is held up on getting until June 6.

3 minutes ago, Bob_B said:

When I call the number for non-immigrant visa, the recording says I need my fiancee's passport number, which due to a stupid complication, she is held up on getting until June 6.

Simple fix - call the immigrant visa line. :) K-1 is unique in that they will respond to it on either line.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

@HeartMoyo we are praying these last couple steps before he takes that flight are simple and fast.  Praying against any RFE, delays in getting an interview, and travel complications.  We'll have to buy a last minute flight from Zimbabwe home to me and how God's gonna pull that one off, I guess we just wait and see.  Easily $2,000-$3,000 for a one way flight last minute. I don't know where that money is, but it will be there in time.  Congrats on being approved :) It took 18 days for our NVC number, he leaves for Zim on Friday, and tonight we completed his DS-160, to the point that he just needs to add the photo and submit.  His second police clearance is on Monday and his medical is next Wednesday.  You have to schedule a medical at least two weeks before your interview date.  Since we don't have an interview date yet, that made it easy.  We knew we needed to go ahead and get things scheduled while we waited for that NVC number because Harare only recognizes TWO doctors for the medical, so the first chance you get you're going to want to see what their schedule looks like.  He has THREE more working days after today.  A very emotional week, but soon he'll be able to relax, and by faith we believe he'll be home in America by the last week of May or first week of June.  We chose 4 wedding dates of June 10th, 11th, or July 15th, 16th.  I can't wait to be his wife!

Edited by visamountain

Timeline

Should I prepare myself for any fees beyond the following?  I'm only asking about the fees BEFORE he reaches America.

Medical:

My fee   $200
Chest xray   $100
Lab tests  $100
Vaccinations:   approx $60

Day of Interview
Application fee $265 USD

Flight:
Last minute $2,000-$3,000

Police Clearance

Embassy transfer from Riyadh to Manila complete~ Somehow it only took 1 week from when they acknowledged the request! :D It did take several calls and emails and over a week for them to acknowledge it, though.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Timeline

@geowrian when choosing a flight, I've read that it doesn't matter if you buy a round trip or one way.  Does it matter what you choose for the return date even when you're not returning?  Meaning, can I choose one 90 days from that date?

1 minute ago, visamountain said:

@geowrian when choosing a flight, I've read that it doesn't matter if you buy a round trip or one way.  Does it matter what you choose for the return date even when you're not returning?  Meaning, can I choose one 90 days from that date?

One way flights are fine when traveling on an immigrant-intent visa like a K-1. :)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.