Ray&Ash

I-129F November 2016 Filers - Part 2

2,907 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Adriana&Marko said:

I can't find anything or the links you sent?

On the internal affairs website on the lower right hand side there is a link to a form to request documents - or perhaps you could email and ask?

http://mpb.rks-gov.net/Contacts.aspx

Edited by Chelleyandaaron

11/07/16    I-129F mailed to Dallas lockbox
11/09/16    i-129F received date    11/14/16    NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice    11/15/16    NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC    11/18/16    NOA1 Hard Copy Received

01/30/17...NOA2 approved per USCIS status update  02/07/17..NOA2 Hard Copy Received   02/15/17 NVC assigned case number  02/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone/scheduled medical)

02/17/17  NVC despatched case to London (In Transit)   02/21/17 Case arrived in London   02/22/17 Status updated to 'Ready'   03/03/17 Letter received from Embassy

03/06/17  Medical (London)   03/17/17  Interview Date (approved)   03/20/17 CEAC status changed to Non-immigrant - Admin Processing   03/21/17 CEAC status changed to ISSUED

03/24/17 VISA IN HAND

07/03/17 POE Toronto (preclearance)/Minneapolis

08/26/17 MARRIED

09/13/2017 Mailed AOS package   09/15/2017 USCIS received package   09/19/2017 Email and text notification of receipt and case #s   10/12/2017 Biometrics appointment

10/18/2017 status changed to 'ready to be scheduled for interview'   12/07/2017 raised SR online for EAD   12/18/2017 posted form to Senator to enquire about EAD

12/18/2017 EAD and AP approved   12/23/2017 NOAs received for EAD and AP   12/27/2017 Combo card received   early July - sent renewal forms for EAD and AP

07/13 EAD and AP renewal pack received at Chicago lockbox  0801 PD date for AP - EAD renewal rejected for being on old form  0801 EAD renewal received at Chicago lockabox

0808 EAD PD date - 180 day extension letter sent 0813

10/31 called USCIS to request to expedite AP   11/01/18 Received email from USCIS with expedite instructions     11/14 Faxed evidence requested   12/06 Raised Service Request

01/09/19 AOS Interview 8.45am     01/09/19 APPROVED 5pm   01/15/19 Green Card Received

Removal of conditions

10/13/20 Mailed package   06/24/21 Case was approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Looking for help!

does anyone know how or where to seek replacement adoption records if they are lost or misplaced!

thanks in advance :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chelleyandaaron said:

On the internal affairs website on the lower right hand side there is a link to a form to request documents - or perhaps you could email and ask?

http://mpb.rks-gov.net/Contacts.aspx

Thank you so much !!

On 3/22/2017 at 2:29 AM, geowrian said:

I completely agree on a micro level. Cases should be processed in the order they arrived as stated.

However, from a macro level, what they're doing makes sense from a process flow. Think of it like a supermarket with 10 registers open and 100 customers...

• The lines very likely won't be exactly equal to start with.
  • Some cashiers will go faster than others.
  • Some people will have more items than others.
  • Some people will have items that won't scan, or require somebody to look them up by hand.
  • Some people won't have sufficient funds, or pay slowly.

Assumption: Once you pick a line, you cannot move to a new line.

In this scenario, 9 times out of 10 there will be a line moving faster than your own. The 5 people in line #1 could get checked out while your line sits there on person #1 still.

Is it the cashier's fault for some people taking wayyyy longer than others? The store's? To make it more fair, should they have cashiers wait until all front-line customers are checked out before moving to the next? Should they put all the low-item count/exact change/etc. people at the front (or use a dedicated line)? unfortunately, there's not really a solution that works best for everybody, and all the 'fair" solutions are just inefficient. This line/queue management process conundrum comes up in all sorts of process flows, and there simply isn't a generic solution...just ways to prioritize certain aspects (fairness, fastest average time, optimal customer experience, etc.).

My understanding based on conversations here is that the USCIS just gives one case worker 400-500 (hyperbolic estimation) cases at a time and each case worker works through their pile at their own leisure. What i don't understand is how some cases can hypothetically take so long? Does one case worker spend days at a time on a single case? Their jobs seem pretty simple; review the contents of the packet, if they match these 20 (arbitrary number) key points, pass it on as approved, if they don't or have errors, RFE and list all of the points that need more evidence. Even with a 200 page packet, it's not necessary to read exact word letter for letter in each page. From what I read, many filers have tens if not hundreds of pages of just chat logs. It's not as if the USCIS gives the most detailed explanations for RFEs or denials anyway.

Theoretical solution: Why not just use the Ross approach? Have a singular stack of all cases sorted by date submitted. Use an 'usher' to allocate small groups of packets to each case worker. When they are on their last case, provide them with 3-5 more. That way things flow significantly quicker and some people aren't waiting 40-50 days longer than another. 

Please don't take this as an argument, but a means to spark conversation and share ideas. Feel free to correct any misunderstandings i may have or share facts to help everyone understand better.

Also: @geowrian I noticed you didn't begin becoming active in this site until you started your own visa process. Could you share with us your background and why or how you are able to generate such a substantial amount of actionable insights to support this community the way you do?

Edited by dbirdflyshi
Spoiler

November 11, 2015: Met for the first time
December 13, 2016: I-129F packet sent
December 18, 2016: I-129F delivered to Dallas lockbox
December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 
April 20, 2017: NOA2
May 12, 2017: NVC case number assigned
June 13, 2017: Medical Exam
June 27, 2017: Interview - Approved!
June 30, 2017: CEAC visa status: "Issued"
July 11, 2017: Visa in hand
July 30, 2017: POE in Fort Lauderdale
August 18, 2017: We got married!! ❤️
August 28, 2017: AOS, EAD, AP packets sent,
August 30, 2017: USCIS Received 
September 11, 2017: USCIS Cashed Check 
September 12, 2017: NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP
October 3, 2017: RFE for AP and AOS
October 6, 2017: Biometrics 
October 16, 2017: RFE for AP and AOS Returned

October 17, 2017: RFE Recieved by USCIS

February 21, 2018: Congressional Inquiry on EAD

March 9, 2018: EAD routed for Expedited Processing

March 23, 2018 EAD and AP Approval NOA2 received

August 10, 2020 ROC Sent to YSC

August 24, 2020 Packet Received 

Total Days For K-1 Visa In Hand : 211 Days or 6 Months 29 Days 

Total Days From AOS Packet Until NOA1: 16 Days

Total days for AOS packet sent to EAD & AP NOA2: 207 Days

Total Days for AOS NOA1 to EAD & AP NOA2: 190 Days

Total days for AOS packet including RFE to EAD & AP NOA2 = 193 Days

Total Days from AOS NOA1 including RFE to EAD & AP NOA2 = 179 Days

1 minute ago, dbirdflyshi said:

My understanding based on conversations here is that the USCIS just gives one case worker 400-500 (hyperbolic estimation) cases at a time and each case worker works through their pile at their own leisure. What i don't understand is how some cases can hypothetically take so long? Does one case worker spend days at a time on a single case? Their jobs seem pretty simple; review the contents of the packet, if they match these 20 (arbitrary number) key points, pass it on as approved, if they don't or have errors, RFE and list all of the points that need more evidence. Even with a 200 page packet, it's not necessary to read exact word letter for letter in each page. From what I read, many filers have tens if not hundreds of pages of just chat logs. It's not as if the USCIS gives the most detailed explanations for RFEs or denials anyway.

Theoretical solution: Why not just use the Ross approach? Have a singular stack of all cases sorted by date submitted. Use an 'usher' to allocate small groups of packets to each case worker. When they are on their last case, provide them with 3-5 more. That way things flow significantly quicker and some people aren't waiting 40-50 days longer than another. 

Please don't take this as an argument, but a means to spark conversation and share ideas. Feel free to correct any misunderstandings i may have or share facts to help everyone understand better.

No "argument" here. haha I enjoy the discussion, and you make some good points.

It's only speculation, but the running prediction is that each case only takes about 15-30 minutes to process (on average). A case worker is evaluated regularly based on how quickly they work. As such, this does create an incentive to "gloss over" cases that appear to be more complicated. I guess they could switch to evaluation based on (in part) how old their cases are. But then again, somebody with an unlucky set of cases would then be (unfairly) evaluated based on luck instead of their actual performance.

While many, many cases are fairly simple, there are some that will likely hold up the line. Cases with a divorce (or multiple) to spouses abroad, cases with multiple filers, cases with a petition that was previously approved but the K-1 visa was denied, etc. The vast array of possibilities they encounter is crazy...and before denying a petition, they need to provide a valid basis for doing so. Sometimes they don't know something or need to research it, so it has to go through review by others, which means no more work on that case until they hear back. Over time, I can imagine that backlog is huge and anything can come back with an update on any day. Even with RFEs, that's the case, albeit likely a shorter lifespan on that waiting for new data. Also, I believe the vast majority of adjudicators are not dedicated to I-129Fs. I-129Fs are the "easy" cases...so they may only get to a look at a couple I-129Fs in a day.

Also, the adjudicator may have started on a case and then gone for vacation, left, etc., which can cause delays. Other times, background checks require a manual check or otherwise come back inconclusive and need further investigation.

Is this a perfect design? Heck no! While it is one way to optimize average utilization (performance) of an adjudicator's time, it is prone to various unwanted side effects such as a high variance in processing times of some individual cases. Most are fine, but that doesn't create a "fair" field either.

That potential solution is one approach that I personally would prefer. It does have additional overhead (potential waiting for new cases) and costs (pay for usher(s)), but would provide a more consistent timeline. Maybe more than 3-5 at a time would be needed, but an optimal number of cases could be found to minimize variance and waiting periods. It doesn't address the issue of having a backlog of cases waiting for a response from the petitioner, an external party, or supervisor...but it would be easier to work on those after the much-smaller current batch of cases are processed. There still would be some people who are waiting much longer, but I would imagine that would be much few and farther between.

Anyway, the idea is that I'm confident there is a method to their madness...it's not just purely random. The data suggests this as well as you can see a clear progression of forward progress from week to week. But I'm also confident that the flow could be improved if there's somebody there who has the means to make changes...or at least decrease the variance. I can't speak for others, but I'm willing to wait an extra couple days or pay a couple dollars more to have the process be more consistent and make my scans mostly irrelevant. :P

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, llaz said:

LEAVE OF ABSENCE APPROVED!

For 8 weeks and they are going to pay me for 2 of those weeks as "vacation time". 
Love my employer!

Now I just have to decide which days I should go, I can go May 12 - July 9 or June 5 - July 31 ... hmm ... I really want to be there for when his interview happens. 

Hopefully Chile treats me well, at least I will be with my love :) ... and after this can we please stop spending money on airplane tickets!? lol

yayy! that is very cool that you can travel there for such a long time and wait together, I am from Argentina next to Chile, and yeah our flight tickets are expensive hehe, hope we all get approved soon though. 

4 hours ago, llaz said:

LEAVE OF ABSENCE APPROVED!

For 8 weeks and they are going to pay me for 2 of those weeks as "vacation time". 
Love my employer!

Now I just have to decide which days I should go, I can go May 12 - July 9 or June 5 - July 31 ... hmm ... I really want to be there for when his interview happens. 

Hopefully Chile treats me well, at least I will be with my love :) ... and after this can we please stop spending money on airplane tickets!? lol

I wish I would even get half of that time off lucky u...good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, geowrian said:

...approved!

Congratulations, Geo! I am so happy for you and your love.

Our RFE was received last May 15th. Unfortunately, we haven't heard from USCIS since.  I hope approval comes nextweek. ??

4 minutes ago, N and C said:

Congratulations, Geo! I am so happy for you and your love.

Our RFE was received last May 15th. Unfortunately, we haven't heard from USCIS since.  I hope approval comes nextweek. ??

Thank you!

Fingers crossed for you! What was the RFE for?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

Thank you!

Fingers crossed for you! What was the RFE for?

They are asking for more evidence. Copies of passport stamp for 2015 and 2016, airline tickets and photos as secondary proof were sent. Im getting antsy! Haha.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
25 minutes ago, geowrian said:

...approved!

Awesome, I told ya, must be this week or next week :p. I'm happy for you (F)

K1 VISA TIMELINE:

11/09/16 --- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
11/12/16 --- Delivered at Dallas Lock Box

11/16/16 --- NOA1 Date on hard copy notice

11/17/16 --- NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

11/26/16 --- NOA1 hard copy received

03/16/17 --- NOA2 - 4 months of waiting 

03/25/17 --- NOA2 hard copy received

04/03/17 --- Case number received (18 days)

04/05/17 --- Case number sent to US Consular in HCM city

04/10/17 --- Case is ready (5 days shipping)

05/03/17--- Vaccination & Medical Exam

05/22/17--- Interview APPROVED! YAY!!!

05/24/17--- Visa was issued

05/27/17--- Visa in hand

06/16/17--- POE San Francisco

06/30/17--- Got married.

AOS TIMELINE:

08/25/17--- Sent AOS application to Chicago, IL

08/28/17--- Delivered.

09/??/17--- NOA1 Date on hard copy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.