forena99

2017 Post NOA2 for Cuba K1 - getting ready for interview

415 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
13 hours ago, TatiyPablo said:

Hi @058rocale, question, did you complete the DS 160 and pay the visa fee before receiving your case # from NVC? Is the case # necessary for the DS 160? If not, once completed and paid for, does the DS 160 have a period of expiration? Just trying to figure out if we should start the DS 160 now, I got my NOA2 on April 13 and harcopy was received yesterday April 17. Thanks very much! x

Hi @TatiyPablo!, 

I did complete the Ds160 prior to the NVC number. I used the WAC#. Once I got the NOA2 approval message, I submitted the ds160. The Ds160 doesn't expire from my understanding. I do recommend you do it now. the NVC takes forever and you don't need the HAV# for it ♥

K1 Visa

11/15/16: I-129 Sent ♥

11/16/16: Received at Dallas Lock Box (per USPS) ♥

11/25/16: NOA1 Hardcopy received ♥

02/23/17: NOA2 notification ♥ (90 days)

02/24/17: Scheduled embassy appointment ♥

02/27/17: NOA2 hard copy received by mail ♥

03/17/17: NVC sent package to embassy ♥

03/20/17: Called NVC and got my HAV# ♥

03/27/17: NVC package received in Cuba ♥

04/03/17: NVC Hardcopy letter received ♥

04/24- 04/29/2017: Fiance's medical exam ♥

05/30/17: Embassy interview appointment  ♥ APPROVED! ♥♥

06/12/2017: Fiance traveled to the U.S ♥

06/26/2017: Social Security Issued ♥

07/03/2017: Married! ♥♥ 

07/29/2017: AOS sent ♥

08/22/2017: Biometrics letter mishandled by USPS *

August 2017 - December 2017: Filing claims at USCIS and USPS *

December 2017: INFO PASS SCHEDULED ♥

01/02/2018: Biometrics and picture were taken at USCIS Field Office ♥

Timeline
29 minutes ago, 058rocale said:

Hi @TatiyPablo!, 

I did complete the Ds160 prior to the NVC number. I used the WAC#. Once I got the NOA2 approval message, I submitted the ds160. The Ds160 doesn't expire from my understanding. I do recommend you do it now. the NVC takes forever and you don't need the HAV# for it ♥

Got it, thanks! I finished the form last night  phew. I do have a few questions though -

1. Education - in the section where it asks for middle school, high school, and university information, how specific does this have to be? My fiance can't remember the exact start date of his middle and high school. He also can't remember the exact address of his high school (its sad lol), I tried to find it online and all I'm getting is a description of the address like old road complejo 1 1/2 km. For his middle school address he said 82 e 13 y 15. Can I enter this in the system like Calle 82 between Calle 13 and 15, playa, etc? His forgetfulness + Cubas complicated addresses are not helpful haha.

2. Military service - similar question, he can't remember exact start and finish date, just the months and year - how specific did you get? Also for the "branch of service" and "military speciality" section we had no idea what to put, he was only a guard at a hospital for less than a year. I wrote "General" and "None", what did you guys do?

3. For people who's partners live in havana - where did they go to electronically sign the form? And did they print the confirmation page afterwards? Worried about where he can go with strong internet access and printing capabilities.

thank you guys!! ❤️❤️

Timeline
1 minute ago, TatiyPablo said:

Got it, thanks! I finished the form last night  phew. I do have a few questions though -

1. Education - in the section where it asks for middle school, high school, and university information, how specific does this have to be? My fiance can't remember the exact start date of his middle and high school. He also can't remember the exact address of his high school (its sad lol), I tried to find it online and all I'm getting is a description of the address like old road complejo 1 1/2 km. For his middle school address he said 82 e 13 y 15. Can I enter this in the system like Calle 82 between Calle 13 and 15, playa, etc? His forgetfulness + Cubas complicated addresses are not helpful haha.

2. Military service - similar question, he can't remember exact start and finish date, just the months and year - how specific did you get? Also for the "branch of service" and "military speciality" section we had no idea what to put, he was only a guard at a hospital for less than a year. I wrote "General" and "None", what did you guys do?

3. For people who's partners live in havana - where did they go to electronically sign the form? And did they print the confirmation page afterwards? Worried about where he can go with strong internet access and printing capabilities.

thank you guys!! ❤️❤️

Hi!! 

I am glad you finished it last night!

1.Education- I did only his two universities exactly because of the address issue. for the ones that I got I put the "Calle 82 btw calle 13 playa ect" That's how they do addresses so put it like that.

2. Military service- Yeah for the dates you can put an estimate since you know the month and year, the rest its minor its ok. My fiance did not do actual military service, just the 'camilitos', So I don't know how to help you with this one. 

3. My fiance is from Habana, and he just went to the park with wifi near his house. His phone allowed him to access everything just fine. Since I am going to the interview, I printed the confirmation and I'll take it with me. 

♥Hope this helps

K1 Visa

Timeline
On 4/19/2017 at 9:20 AM, 058rocale said:

Hi!! 

I am glad you finished it last night!

1.Education- I did only his two universities exactly because of the address issue. for the ones that I got I put the "Calle 82 btw calle 13 playa ect" That's how they do addresses so put it like that.

2. Military service- Yeah for the dates you can put an estimate since you know the month and year, the rest its minor its ok. My fiance did not do actual military service, just the 'camilitos', So I don't know how to help you with this one. 

3. My fiance is from Habana, and he just went to the park with wifi near his house. His phone allowed him to access everything just fine. Since I am going to the interview, I printed the confirmation and I'll take it with me. 

♥Hope this helps

Yes, it's very helpful, thanks! I do have a follow up - if our partners sign and submit the DS 160 form, are we still able to go in and print the confirmation page? Thanks!

His military service was very general, just the required, and he didn't finish the full term. If we fill in the military section, will our partners need to get records of this to bring to the interview? @forena99 this question is for you! :)

Also, for those with interviews in May, if you have a list of docs you're bringing to the interview please share - it would be so helpful!

How early did you prepare the Affidavit of Support documents? Not sure if this should be immediate or if I should wait until we have an interview date?

Thank you! x

Timeline
On 2/22/2017 at 2:23 PM, forena99 said:

Hi @058rocale,

They told my fiance it would take 30-45 days to complete the background check.

Should he go ahead and do this?  Or should we wait until we have our interview date?

Any idea?

Also, I don't get my interview date until I complete, pay and submit the DS-160?

Thanks!

Forena99

Apologies if I am missing some very basic piece of info, but what is the background check and who completes it?

Do we need our NVC case number in order to book our interview? I see some of you guys booked your interview before receiving your hardcopy NVC letter listing the case number - did you just call to find it out? 

Thank you guys! Sorry for all the messages <3 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, TatiyPablo said:

Apologies if I am missing some very basic piece of info, but what is the background check and who completes it?

Do we need our NVC case number in order to book our interview? I see some of you guys booked your interview before receiving your hardcopy NVC letter listing the case number - did you just call to find it out? 

Thank you guys! Sorry for all the messages <3 

Hey TatiyPablo.. From what I understand you can fill out the DS-160 with the WAC number. You can also submit it for your fiance since on the website it gives people abroad permission to submit the form for our person since Cuba has such limited internet access. I plan on submitting it for my fiance and then printing out the confirmation page.

I believe you only need the DS-160 Confirmation number to schedule your interview. But, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

K-1 Visa

03/20/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/21/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

03/24/17 - Check cashed
03/27/17 - NOA1 Text and Email. (Notice Date)
03/31/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
07/13/17- NOA2 Notice Date
07/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 

07/28/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
08/04/17 - Case Number Received by NVC Letter (Hard Copy)

09/29/17 - US Embassy in Havana no longer processing visa's

11/07/2017 - Transferred Case to Buenos Aires, Argentina

11/07/2017 - Received Packet 3 from BNS

12/04/17 - Medical

12/20/17 - Sent Packet 3 Docs back to Embassy

01/10/18 - Received Interview Date Email
01/22/17 - Interview

01/22/17 - Put into AP
xx/xx/17 - Visa Issued
xx/xx/17 - Visa in Hand =)
xx/xx/17 - Houston Bound

Timeline
18 hours ago, CubaAndChill said:

Hey TatiyPablo.. From what I understand you can fill out the DS-160 with the WAC number. You can also submit it for your fiance since on the website it gives people abroad permission to submit the form for our person since Cuba has such limited internet access. I plan on submitting it for my fiance and then printing out the confirmation page.

I believe you only need the DS-160 Confirmation number to schedule your interview. But, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Great, thank you @CubaAndChill! :) Yeah, my main question now is if my partner signs the form electroncially can I go back into the app and print the confirmation page and then after I pay the visa fee, will I need to have my case number from NVC in order to book the interview appt?

Thank you guys! xx

Timeline
On 2/21/2017 at 2:22 PM, forena99 said:

HI Everyone!

I'm finally back!  Sorry, I've been MIA for weeks.  I've been waiting for my NVC case number/letter and have not received anything yet.  I've been trying to do other things to make the time pass faster, but now I'm done waiting and need to contact NVC.  The letter says wait 30 days, but others I've seen are only waiting 10-14 days.  Is the only way to know the case # is through the hard copy letter?  There is no email or text?

I wanted to put some links @058rocale gave me for the MEDICAL EXAM.  

HAV - Havana Examen medico.pdf

Examen Médico reglas.pdf

@TatiyPablo: love your list of documents, thank you!

And thanks everyone for the info.  Very helpful.

Cheers,

Forena99

@TatiyPablo, here is the PDFs about the medical exam locations :)

K1 Visa

Timeline
9 hours ago, 058rocale said:

@TatiyPablo, here is the PDFs about the medical exam locations :)

Thanks @058rocale ❤️❤️

We submitted the DS160 yesterday and booked his interview for late June, thanks to your help!

So I found my fiancé's doctor, he lives in Playa, and now I'm wondering how we can call and make the appointment since there are no individual numbers listed. Do we have to call the embassy, the number listed at the beginning of the PDF? 

What did you guys end up doing for the affidavit of support, re putting the A number from our NOA2 and the question about we intend to give money to our fiancé. (Sorry typing from my phone and can't remember the exact number!)

thanks! x

Timeline
51 minutes ago, TatiyPablo said:

Thanks @058rocale ❤️❤️

We submitted the DS160 yesterday and booked his interview for late June, thanks to your help!

So I found my fiancé's doctor, he lives in Playa, and now I'm wondering how we can call and make the appointment since there are no individual numbers listed. Do we have to call the embassy, the number listed at the beginning of the PDF? 

What did you guys end up doing for the affidavit of support, re putting the A number from our NOA2 and the question about we intend to give money to our fiancé. (Sorry typing from my phone and can't remember the exact number!)

thanks! x

Hi @TatiyPablo

If your fiance lives in playa then ita the same doctor as my fiance. Here is the contact info:Facultad de Ciencias Médicas “Enrique Cabrera”
Direccion: Calz. De Aldabo y E, Altahabana
Telefono: 011-537-446232

I'll corporate with my fiance if atbtge end the phone number was OK. I know my fiance went there in person because he happen to pass by. And you know how in person this move very differently haha

I also put his A number given to me with the noa2. For the I 134, I didnt put.anything. butni did put on page 8 (additional information): "N/A (k1 visa process for permanent resident). 

According to whatni read everywhere thatbia what they put for k1 visa

Are you doing the form for the afadavit of support I-134 and I-864? I did both just in case :)

K1 Visa

Timeline
On 4/23/2017 at 0:32 PM, 058rocale said:

Hi @TatiyPablo

If your fiance lives in playa then ita the same doctor as my fiance. Here is the contact info:Facultad de Ciencias Médicas “Enrique Cabrera”
Direccion: Calz. De Aldabo y E, Altahabana
Telefono: 011-537-446232

I'll corporate with my fiance if atbtge end the phone number was OK. I know my fiance went there in person because he happen to pass by. And you know how in person this move very differently haha

I also put his A number given to me with the noa2. For the I 134, I didnt put.anything. butni did put on page 8 (additional information): "N/A (k1 visa process for permanent resident). 

According to whatni read everywhere thatbia what they put for k1 visa. 

Are you doing the form for the afadavit of support I-134 and I-864? I did both just in case :)

Thanks for sending that number! But will the embassy in Havana send our fiancés a letter with instructions to schedule the medical? 

I called the NVC today just to make sure I didn't book the interview too early - I did. They told me I am supposed to wait for my case number before submitting DS160, paying fee, and scheduling interview appt :-\ they said I should cancel my appt and wait until I receive the HAV case number. Once my case is forwarded to the embassy the will contact my fiancé either by email or letter with instructions on what to do. Ugh.

for the affidavit of support that's another thing I'm worried about, I'm having to use a joint sponsor as I've been in grad school the past few years and my current position is temporary. I'll have a different job by the time he gets here and we apply for AoS, if all goes well, and so I'm gonna wait to do the I-864 until then. I don't think it's required for this stage? 

Thanks xx

Timeline
17 minutes ago, TatiyPablo said:

Thanks for sending that number! But will the embassy in Havana send our fiancés a letter with instructions to schedule the medical? 

I called the NVC today just to make sure I didn't book the interview too early - I did. They told me I am supposed to wait for my case number before submitting DS160, paying fee, and scheduling interview appt :-\ they said I should cancel my appt and wait until I receive the HAV case number. Once my case is forwarded to the embassy the will contact my fiancé either by email or letter with instructions on what to do. Ugh.

for the affidavit of support that's another thing I'm worried about, I'm having to use a joint sponsor as I've been in grad school the past few years and my current position is temporary. I'll have a different job by the time he gets here and we apply for AoS, if all goes well, and so I'm gonna wait to do the I-864 until then. I don't think it's required for this stage? 

Thanks xx

Hi @TatiyPablo

I think they say that you have to wait to get the HAv# bc nvc also processes the check and stuff, and sometimes ppl have it wrong and the ask for something in the file to be fixed. But, it's rare. And the hav# is not needed to do the interview bc many ppl do it without it. Even for the medical my fiance went today for, they didn't ask for it. So that HAV number is useless untill the interview. I would not cancel my appointment if I were you. Only if you feel that the two months you have ahead is too little to get the documents ready. 

And let me tell you, they haven't contacted my fiance at all and it's been a while. All the info of what he needs its online, at the same website as the Havana embassy. I might call later to see about that list they are supposed to give to my fiance, but if I do, it will be for formality. It's Cuba after all, and they do things differently. And they way the NVC thinks of things, will require a lot of time to wait for something that is not even needed. I did have 3 months to prepare, and it was perfect. So it depends if your fiance has a good timeframe to finish to get everything done. 

Know, he needs his criminal records, medical records (for Med exam),  birth certificate  and certificado de soltería (those last two have to be certified). And after the medical exam he had to wait 15-21 days to go get the medical exam results which he has to keep close until the interview. 

I am also a grad student, and although my income was enough for both of us according to they poverty%, my constant travel to Cuba last year afected my 2016 annual income. I have a joint sponsor as well :) The reason why I am including the i-864, is because although I read it wasnt necessary, some people do bring both to the interview. Since the i-864 allows for more details, it's beneficial to have reflected my last year's annual income. I am also extremely exaggerated, and I will bring more than less haha.  I even have my joint sponsor do both forms haha 

Tomorrow I will send you all the info of what your fiance needs need to get , and what you need to start collecting. :)

At the end do what ever makes you feel comfortable, but I'll give you all the info and sources so you can decide better. 

K1 Visa

Timeline

Hi @TatiyPablo,

Here is the website for the interview documents needed.

https://cu.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/cuban-parole-programs/cfrp-program/interview-documents/

(*note: the ds-230 changed to only ds-160)

Here is what I will bring:

Folder 1: Fiancé Documents

·         2x2 photos

·         Passport

·         Carnet de identidad

·         Birth Certificate (certified/legalized)

·         Medical exam

·         Single Certificate (certified/legalized)

·         Police records

Folder 2: Interview & Visa documents

A.    Interview Documents

·         Appointment Confirmation (& copy)

·         Ds-160 Confirmation page (& copy)

·         Interview fee online payment evidence

·         NOA 1 (& copy)

·         NOA 2 (& copy)

*         NVC letter (& copy)

B.     Petitioner’s documentation

·         Birth certificate

·         Birth certificate copy

·         Passport

·         Passport pages copy

Folder 3: Affidavits of Support

Primary and Joint Sponsor

I.       Primary

·            From I-134

·            Form I-864

o   Supporting evidence

§  W-2 2016

§  Tax returns for years 2016, 2015, 2014

§  Employment certification

§  Bank’s saving statements

§  2 paystubs

II.                Joint Sponsor

·         From I-134

·         Form I-864

o   Supporting evidence

§ W-2 2016

§ Tax returns for years 2016, 2015, 2014 (2015, 2014 optional)

§ Employment certification

§ Bank’s saving statements (optional)

§ 2 paystubs * (optional)

Folder4: Proof of ongoing Relationship (from the month of K1 visa sent to USCIS to present)

I.       Relationship proof

·         Emails

·         Phone calls

·         Imo call evidence

·         Sms records

·         Phone calls and sms billing statements

·         Recargas + Nauta (phone and internet reload)

·         Trips to Cuba

o   Invoice

o   Visa copy

o   Plane tickets

o   Boarding passes

·         Photos

·         Social Media

o   Facebook, Instagram posts

·         House preparations

II. Wedding plans

·         Updated intends to marry (mine will be notarized) 

·         Wedding Celebration invitations

o   Wedding invitations billing statements

·         Wedding dress receipt

·         Courthouse wedding ceremony appointment

·         Restaurant reservations  

K1 Visa

Timeline

Thanks so much for sharing all this information @058rocale! So to confirm, you haven't received an NVC letter and HAV case number yet? How were you able to track your package. IDK what to do! I called again for a second opinion and they said the US Embassy might be confused in the interview scheduling where case number says my WAC #, but they weren't entirely sure. Ahhhhhhh.

That list is great, mine is really similar. How do you get IMO call logs? Also that's interesting about the Form I-864, maybe I'll do it as well. I'm no stranger to overkill haha my petition was over 200 pages. I'm worried about being allowed into the embassy with all of these documents! We need a suitcase at this point :rolleyes:

Timeline

For IMO video calls, I usually take screen shots. I pull down the menu bar on my phone with the date and time but still showing the other persons face & their name on IMO and screen shot that... Then I just copy and paste them onto a Word doc

Here's one of my screen shots.

Screenshot.jpg

Edited by CubaAndChill

K-1 Visa

03/20/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/21/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

03/24/17 - Check cashed
03/27/17 - NOA1 Text and Email. (Notice Date)
03/31/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
07/13/17- NOA2 Notice Date
07/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 

07/28/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
08/04/17 - Case Number Received by NVC Letter (Hard Copy)

09/29/17 - US Embassy in Havana no longer processing visa's

11/07/2017 - Transferred Case to Buenos Aires, Argentina

11/07/2017 - Received Packet 3 from BNS

12/04/17 - Medical

12/20/17 - Sent Packet 3 Docs back to Embassy

01/10/18 - Received Interview Date Email
01/22/17 - Interview

01/22/17 - Put into AP
xx/xx/17 - Visa Issued
xx/xx/17 - Visa in Hand =)
xx/xx/17 - Houston Bound

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.