smilesammich

Mother Of Murdered Backpacker Objects To Description As 'Underreported Terror Attack'

15 posts in this topic

Rosie Ayliffe, the mother of a young woman stabbed to death last year at a hostel in Queensland, Australia, says she is "affronted" by the inclusion of her daughter's death on a Trump administration list of what it calls underreported terror attacks.

The reference to her daughter's killing was "at best a crass and callous error," Ayliffe wrote in The Guardian on Wednesday, saying that her daughter's death was ugly and brutal — but not a terror attack.

Mia Ayliffe-Chung and Tom Jackson, both of Great Britain, were killed at the hostel last August.

The Trump administration included the attack in the list of terror attacks, ostensibly to support President Trump's claim that terror attacks are "not even being reported" by the media. As NPR has noted, the list includes attacks that received extensive coverage, including the Orlando Pulse nightclub shooting, the San Bernardino attack and the 2015 Paris attack.

In the case of Ayliffe-Chung, her mother says the attack wasn't terrorism at all.

The possibility that Ayliffe-Chung's stabbing was related to Islamic terrorism was "discounted in the early stages of the police investigation," Rosie Ayliffe wrote in an open letter to Trump published on Tuesday.

The man accused of killing them, Smail Ayad, allegedly shouted "Allahu Akbar" during the killing. He was also "apparently infatuated" with Ayliffe-Chung, as the Guardian wrote last fall, and was later said to have been preliminarily diagnosed with schizophrenia. Ayliffe says there's no evidence he was a practicing or believing Muslim.

"Any fool can shout Allahu Akbar as they commit a crime," she wrote, and went on to say she'd encountered respect, hospitality and courtesy from Muslims around the world. "The vilification of whole nation states and their people based on religion is a terrifying reminder of the horror that can ensue when we allow ourselves to be led by ignorant people into darkness and hatred."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/08/514093871/mother-of-murdered-backpacker-objects-to-description-as-underreported-terror-att

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I remember this story, and Allah certainly was mentioned. Guardian probably not the best source to quote, they have an agenda.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3759359/British-backpacker-Mia-Ayliffe-Chung-rejected-sexual-advances-alleged-killer-Smail-Ayad.html

Lots of photos, sounds more like an Honour killing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

True, the Mother is weird to say the least.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

considering both of your flippant comments, i don't think either of you read the op. no one is denying allah was mentioned. and this wasn't an 'honour killing' (boiler i think you know what an honour killing is)

Timeline
Just now, smilesammich said:

considering both of your flippant comments, i don't think either of you read the op. no one is denying allah was mentioned. and this wasn't an 'honour killing' (boiler i think you know what an honour killing is)

It is a story I am familiar with.

Let's not split hairs here. The corporate media does have a problem reporting when something was carried out by Muslim extremists. They refuse to use that term even when it is the correct term to use. When a terrorist runs people over with a truck they can't even call it a terror attack but instead word their report in a way that basically blames the truck. Trump's over all point is valid here.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

7 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Let's not split hairs here. The corporate media does have a problem reporting when something was carried out by Muslim extremists. They refuse to use that term even when it is the correct term to use. When a terrorist runs people over with a truck they can't even call it a terror attack but instead word their report in a way that basically blames the truck. Trump's over all point is valid here.

how about let's not invent hairs here. the corporate media has by and large provided followup to dt's list of lies by linking to all articles they produced covering these incidents. they do not refuse to use that term, the killings in quebec are perfect example of that. so long as the media thought is was a muslim who shot those men down they referred to the attack as terrorism, the second it came out that it was in fact a nationalist white male, everyone shut up about it.

trump's over all point is, per usual, a total fabrication his koolaid drunk followers will gladly repeat indefinitely.

Edited by smilesammich

15 minutes ago, Boiler said:

It is a story I am familiar with.

but you're not concerned with what the dead snowflake's mother has said, which is apparent in your -i know he said allah- comment. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

but you're not concerned with what the dead snowflake's mother has said, which is apparent in your -i know he said allah- comment. 

Seemed the Daughter was a girl around town, no suggestion of being a snowflake.

Mother has an interesting history and I remember the weird things she said at the time.

Just now, Boiler said:

Seemed the Daughter was a girl around town, no suggestion of being a snowflake.

Mother has an interesting history and I remember the weird things she said at the time.

she was a girl about town but she didn't want none from her killer. right. 

"If only being a snowflake mom would bring this precious life back " i assumed nb left out the possessive apostrophe. 

so, you think her mother is lying to cover for isis? that's weird, yes.

Timeline

Like I said Mother is weird, do not think she is covering for anybody.

18 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I recall some work place violence at Ft hood 

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

I remember this story, and Allah certainly was mentioned. Guardian probably not the best source to quote, they have an agenda.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3759359/British-backpacker-Mia-Ayliffe-Chung-rejected-sexual-advances-alleged-killer-Smail-Ayad.html

Lots of photos, sounds more like an Honour killing.

Probably best not to quote the Daily Fail either, they have an agenda.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
2 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Probably best not to quote the Daily Fail either, they have an agenda.

Other side of the coin but with better photo's.