DarrenRachel

i am trying to understand processing times

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So we filed for adjustment of status on 10/17/16 from Grand rapids,Michigan, When i look at processing times what field office should i be looking at? where i sent my papers or the closest one to me?

thank you in advance for your help.

Field office is most likely the closet one to you. When looking at the data from that office, check to see how many are still waiting before you and see how long the average time between noa-1 and decision. Also keep an eye out on what they are adjusting from. It's not an exact science, but can give you a close idea.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

It takes approximately 4-5 months to get an interview in Detroit (which is your local office). However, since you're adjusting from a K1, you might not even be transferred to the local office.

Edited by A'n'L

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Timeline

Thanks for the responses. So this morning i call the uscis because the timelines say they are working on nov. (2016)(detroit office) but the employee at uscis said they are working on nov. (2016). Now i am confused even more....arrgh!! Does anyone have any insight to help me know whats up? Anyone recently been processed through detroit?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

First, update your profile to show "filed for: Adjustment of status" so that your posts go to the correct forum.

I-485 applications are all sent to the Chicago Lockbox.  Then go onto the NBC for processing.  If it is determined you require an interview, it is forwarded to your local field office (in your case Detroit) for interview and completion. (see Detroit processing times).   https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcz9LSN999OU7EThpzOv  for I-485 it states they are working on November 30, 2015.

If you are not selected for interview your card will be issued from the  NBC.  There are no published processing times for the NBC. (that I have found)

Edited by LionessDeon

There is a big discrepancy between the time found on the forum and the official times given by the USCIS. They will tell you that you are still within the official time window, even though most people here will already have heard something long before. That's just the way it is.

When trying to amuse yourself or pass some time. Use the timelines. When you want to make an official inquiry, you have to wait on the official time frame.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

The times posted on USCIS are no good fish at all, and I've found that the VJ data for the Detroit office are very accurate. My interview lined up perfectly with the projected time (+/- 1 week).

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

We filed in June 2016, received an RFE and returned it in August 2016.  Haven't heard anything since so I called USCIS for an inquiry.  Received a letter stating the case is being considered for an interview waiver in Tuscon, AZ.  they couldn't give an exact date of processing time. 

We are soo frustrated!!!!

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline
On 2017-02-07 at 9:50 AM, DarrenRachel said:

Thanks for the responses. So this morning i call the uscis because the timelines say they are working on nov. (2016)(detroit office) but the employee at uscis said they are working on nov. (2016). Now i am confused even more....arrgh!! Does anyone have any insight to help me know whats up? Anyone recently been processed through detroit?

Hi Darren & Rachel

I am also from Grand Rapids and waiting for interview in Detroit ffeld office.

My timeline is similar to yours but my case is still pending (ready to be scheduled for interview)

What is your receipt number for I-485? 

Good luck for your interview tomorrow.

Keep me in touch...

K&D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kestutis said:

What is your receipt number for I-485? 

I believe sharing receipt numbers on here isn't the best idea. :)

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SparklePony said:

I believe sharing receipt numbers on here isn't the best idea. :)

Maybe..

But everyone can contact directly  and adjust his own status accordingly.

Edited by Kestutis

Timeline

Thanks, we went to appointment and everything went well. We forgot one original birth certificate and a certified copy of my divorce decree. She said it shouldnt be a problem but she had to check with the supervisor. So now we are just waiting again for an answer.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, DarrenRachel said:

Thanks, we went to appointment and everything went well. We forgot one original birth certificate and a certified copy of my divorce decree. She said it shouldnt be a problem but she had to check with the supervisor. So now we are just waiting again for an answer.

Hi Darren & Rachel,

Congrats. I guess everything will be OK.

You are from Grand Rapids too, right?

My interview scheduled for 2 May at Detroit too.

I would like to ask you about  your experience  how to prepare for interview.

(We both have "certified copy of divorce", :rolleyes:....)

Can you give me a call or your email directly? (there is a option on VJ) 

K & D

Timeline
2 minutes ago, DarrenRachel said:

We are near GR. Feel free to send a PM

What does mean "PM"?

P.S. 

I'd sent to you direct message.  

I think this thread is not so important for others and will not continue or close quickly. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.