verneforchat

Pelosi calls for probe of possible Russian blackmail of Trump

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I kinda feel the whole releasing of the tax return thing is symbolic anyways just to give everyone a warm fuzzy that their candidate is somehow being honest and not hiding anything. Yes, Hillary showed her taxes but hid 30,000 emails and lied about it. I didnt get any warm fuzzy from that. They all lie and hide something one way or another.The whole thing is just silly.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Merle said:

I kinda feel the whole releasing of the tax return thing is symbolic anyways just to give everyone a warm fuzzy that their candidate is somehow being honest and not hiding anything. Yes, Hillary showed her taxes but hid 30,000 emails and lied about it. I didnt get any warm fuzzy from that. They all lie and hide something one way or another.The whole thing is just silly.

I just don't understand how someone who was so adamant at the whole birther nonsense is so reluctant to bend to similar pressure.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

So you are saying someone following the advice of their attorney is guilty?  How many defendants follow their attorney's advice to remain silent even if they are innocent.  

He is not following advice from anyone. He lied and said his taxes were being audited. He told the American people he would release his tax returns if he was elected, and lied again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2016/live-updates/general-election/real-time-fact-checking-and-analysis-of-the-first-presidential-debate/fact-checker-trump-on-releasing-his-tax-returns-after-irs-audit/?utm_term=.45573a1eb5e4

THE FACT CHECKER | Trump cites an Internal Revenue Service audit as his justification for not releasing his federal income tax returns, butt the audit does not prohibit from releasing the returns. Richard Nixon, who started the tradition of presidents and presidential candidates releasing their returns, did so in the middle of an audit.

Moreover, Trump has not released his tax returns from before 2009, which are no longer under audit, according to his attorney.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/7/2017 at 5:56 AM, Merle said:

Can you explain/prove how the Russians elected him? Thats the equivalent of someone saying Obama wasn't born in the US. 

Isn't it a fact that Obama is  Muslim.born in Indonesia?

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

24 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

He is not following advice from anyone. He lied and said his taxes were being audited. He told the American people he would release his tax returns if he was elected, and lied again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2016/live-updates/general-election/real-time-fact-checking-and-analysis-of-the-first-presidential-debate/fact-checker-trump-on-releasing-his-tax-returns-after-irs-audit/?utm_term=.45573a1eb5e4

THE FACT CHECKER | Trump cites an Internal Revenue Service audit as his justification for not releasing his federal income tax returns, butt the audit does not prohibit from releasing the returns. Richard Nixon, who started the tradition of presidents and presidential candidates releasing their returns, did so in the middle of an audit.

Moreover, Trump has not released his tax returns from before 2009, which are no longer under audit, according to his attorney.

In addition, I thought after he was elected someone representing him said that even once the audit is finished, he isn't planning on releasing them anymore. Or did he say that? I'm pretty sure I heard it from someone. Now that he won and is President, he has changed his mind again and won't release them at all regardless of the audit.

I'm sure some lawyers would advise not to release tax returns. I'm sure some lawyers would advise EVERY presidential candidate regardless of an audit not to release their returns. Releasing returns has never been a requirement, so each person can make the choice to do so or not. They are under no legal obligation. It is merely a standard practice. Trump decided to disrespect that standard practice after several decades of tradition. I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder if there is a specific reason why. Other very wealthy people have been Presidential Candidates (perhaps not quite as wealthy). 

In the end we will never force him to. However, as long as he continues to refuse to do so it is completely legitimate for people to "wonder" and "speculate" about why. His reasons don't have merit, and even if they did he has changed his mind about them anyway.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, ccneat said:

Isn't it a fact that Obama is  Muslim.born in Indonesia?

I guess it's just as much of a fact as the Russians elected Trump. And if they somehow did elect him then that shows that we do in fact need to crack down on voter fraud that the left says doesn't exist.

2 hours ago, Merle said:

the hypocrisy is baffling..

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/316414-trump-voters-think-he-should-be-allowed-to-have-a-private-email

1 minute ago, Merle said:

I guess it's just as much of a fact as the Russians elected Trump. And if they somehow did elect him then that shows that we do in fact need to crack down on voter fraud that the left says doesn't exist.

While you sort of get away with it based on your particular language, the idea behind your thought is just wrong. Russian INVOLVEMENT in Trump's election and Obama having been born in another coutry are not both "just as much of a fact". No one has argued that the "Russians elected Trump" so the fact that you use that specific language is your own made up idea (or other Trump supporter's). It doesn't come from those who legitimately discuss Russian involvement in our election.

Obama has provided physical evidence showing he was born in the USA. Therefore it is a fact that he was born in the USA.

There is physical evidence from our Federal Intelligence Community showing that Russia was involved in tampering with our election process. Part of it was unclassified and released to the public. It has already been discussed on these forums. The evidence exists. The extent of the "involvement" is not clearly known.

With regards to your second sentence:

Once again, no one is arguing that "voter fraud doesn't exist". You can't just make those statements and pretend they are coming from other people. People have argued that certain types of voter fraud are not the major issue that Trump seems to believe they are. There is no factual evidence that 3 million or more people illegally voted by methods Trump has mentioned: 1. Not being a citizen 2. Being registered in 2 states (many of Trump's closest advisors fit that category) 3. Voting for a dead person, 4. Whatever other category Trump has given that I can't remember. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, bcking said:

While you sort of get away with it based on your particular language, the idea behind your thought is just wrong. Russian INVOLVEMENT in Trump's election and Obama having been born in another coutry are not both "just as much of a fact". No one has argued that the "Russians elected Trump" so the fact that you use that specific language is your own made up idea (or other Trump supporter's). It doesn't come from those who legitimately discuss Russian involvement in our election.

Obama has provided physical evidence showing he was born in the USA. Therefore it is a fact that he was born in the USA.

There is physical evidence from our Federal Intelligence Community showing that Russia was involved in tampering with our election process. Part of it was unclassified and released to the public. It has already been discussed on these forums. The evidence exists. The extent of the "involvement" is not clearly known.

To quote Hillary, "at this point, what difference does it make?" Unless Trump himself broke the law to get himself elected there isnt anything anyone can do about it. And as far as no one is arguing that the "Russians elected Trump" go back to the 6th post in this thread by CaliCat.  

1 minute ago, Merle said:

To quote Hillary, "at this point, what difference does it make?" Unless Trump himself broke the law to get himself elected there isnt anything anyone can do about it. And as far as no one is arguing that the "Russians elected Trump" go back to the 6th post in this thread by CaliCat.  

Well I think the "Russian involvement" issue is not about changing the past outcome. I see two benefits for continuing to investigate it:

1. It is important to know whether Trump knew about their "involvement". Promising favors in return for Russian meddling would be a big deal I think. Of course the public may never been fully informed on this topic, but I think it is something that needs to be asked by someone. 

2. We should all want to make sure that Russian involvement in US elections never happens. it doesn't matter what the outcome is or who they are helping, their involvement is the problem.

As for a post on an immigration forum claiming that "Russia elected Trump". I can't defend that. While I admit I wasn't specific, I was speaking more broadly about the media, reporters, journalists talking about Russian involvement. I agree the idea that they flat out "elected him" is just silly. I think it is entirely possible that their meddling HELPED get him elected, but that doesn't mean they directly elected him. If you were specifically addressing that post and only that post then I apologize. 

6 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Image may contain: text

These sorts of things are just pointless. 

You realize you could literally change one name and add one letter and another group of people would laugh at it?

"Somewhere in this world, there is a Mrs. Trump"

^^ I know a lot of women who would be legitimately afraid at the possiblity of being in her shoes. Heck even she looks afraid at times. If not afraid, then just very sad.

1 hour ago, bcking said:

These sorts of things are just pointless. 

You realize you could literally change one name and add one letter and another group of people would laugh at it?

"Somewhere in this world, there is a Mrs. Trump"

^^ I know a lot of women who would be legitimately afraid at the possiblity of being in her shoes. Heck even she looks afraid at times. If not afraid, then just very sad.

Dear god man its just a joke it's not meant to have a point. A week at the beach and some Xanax perhaps