5,920 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, D&J said:

Congratulations on the recent approvals! Been busy trying to get the documents ready for the next step, the interview. I applied for my police report too.

We tried to call NVC yesterday and today, just put on hold for more than 45 minutes and never got through to speak to anyone. So we haven't received our case number yet. We will try to keep calling till we get through. If you called them and got through, please tell me any advice how to get through to them. We have also emailed NVC but no response yet. 

Also, for anyone who calls USCIS, they will just give everyone the same answer, "we are working on the December cases". Don't lost hope because of their hogwash!  On last Monday when my fiancé called them in the morning, the lady who picked up said the same thing to us and didn't even give much or any helpful information. But, our case had been already approved on June 02nd. We called in the morning on June 12th. And, later in the afternoon the same day we received our NOA2 in the mail!! But, when we called earlier the lady didn't even mention that the USCIS had sent us a notice. Don't know why she couldn't have said or mention about the approval over the phone. 

So, if you haven't received your noa2 yet, don't lose hope. We got our noa2 when we were on the edge of losing our sanity. We got it when we least expected it. It will come. 

It's  just a waiting game till you receive your visa and see your loved one. Just have stay strong till then. So whenever you feel frustrated about this waiting, try to look at the bigger picture. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Sending love and hugs. 💕

My fiance called them as soon as they opened (ie 7AM EST) and he got through immediately, no wait times at all. I have seen people on here advise to call between 7-8AM EST or 10-11PM EST.

Edit: Just wanted to add that the number we called was (603-334-0888), which apparently is the non-immigrant line and is less busy than the immigrant one.

Edited by iamdegie

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

3 hours ago, MehdiAndAyms said:

Is there a different tracker for tracking your case after noa2 I'm so confused. We got approved but the online tracker still shows it as received so not sure how we will know if it's ready

I believe the next step is to wait 2 weeks and then begin calling NVC every other day until they say your case is received at NVC (they will give you a new case number). From there your case is sent to your embassy.

21 days is average from NOA2 to NVC received and then

6 day is average from NVC received to Embassy received.

You no longer track you case at the USCIS site.

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
27 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

I believe the next step is to wait 2 weeks and then begin calling NVC every other day until they say your case is received at NVC (they will give you a new case number). From there your case is sent to your embassy.

21 days is average from NOA2 to NVC received and then

6 day is average from NVC received to Embassy received.

You no longer track you case at the USCIS site.

Thank you so much for your help!

9 hours ago, TriloByte said:

You and @Missabc better get your NOA2 soon or pain is going to be in someone's (USCIS') future. We're not going to stand for these huge delays! I am rooting for you for you all who are still waiting on NOA2.

Maybe next week will be our week :)

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

@TriloByte

Hi, where can i see the scans?  thanks. 

I'm worried about our petition.  Those that have the same dates as ours have received their approval as for 5 days ago.  I wonder if ours have been processed but had not yet been mailed or if it had been processed at all.  It's been so long and I can't believe how stressful this wait is.  

Just an update regarding the online tracker, I received my NOA2 exactly a month ago, 5/17 and it still hasn't updated, so the tracker is irrelevant unless you have RFE

K-1 Journey:

Feb 6, 2017   - Mail I-129F packet

Feb 13, 2017 - Package arrived in Dallas

Feb 16, 2017 - Check cashed

Feb 17, 2017 - Electronic NOA1

Feb 15, 2017 - NOA1 (Paper NOA1 date Feb 25)

May 17, 2017 - NOA2 (Paper NOA2 date May 20)

Jun 26 , 2017 - NVC Processing

Jul 26, 2017 - Visa Interview

Aug 24, 2017 - Together!

Sep 1, 2017 - City Hall nuptials

Sep 1, 2018 - Wedding

AOS:

Oct 27, 2017  - Mail AOS packet (I-485, AP, EAD)

Oct 30, 2017 - Package arrived in Chicago

Nov 8, 2017 - Electronic NOA

Nov 8, 2017 - Check cashed

Nov 13, 2017 - Paper NOA (all three)

Nov 18, 2017 - Biometrics Letter

Nov 29, 2017 - Biometrics Interview

Jan 12, 2018 - EAD/AP approval date

Jan 20, 2018 - NOA received, SSN received

Jan 23, 2018 - EAD/AP combo card received

July 17, 2018 - Sent EAD renewal package

July 23, 2018 - Electronic NOA 

May 7, 2019 - AOS Interview

June 13, 2019 - RFE (Medical Examination needed by civil surgeon)

July 13, 2019 - RFE Appointment in office

Removing Conditions:

May 17, 2021 - Date filed

May 27, 2021 - NOA received

Sept 10, 2021 - Biometrics not needed NOA

Oct 19, 2021 - 24 month extension (from original date)

54 minutes ago, CaptNaimerica said:

Just an update regarding the online tracker, I received my NOA2 exactly a month ago, 5/17 and it still hasn't updated, so the tracker is irrelevant unless you have RFE

It's not even accurate for RFEs part of the time. I wish there was an easier and more efficient way to inform the new people on here about all of the USCIS shortcomings. 

Two things that the newcomers need to know:

1) The tracker doesn't work.

2) Because the scans use the tracker for their data, they don't work either.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, TriloByte said:

It's not even accurate for RFEs part of the time. I wish there was an easier and more efficient way to inform the new people on here about all of the USCIS shortcomings. 

Two things that the newcomers need to know:

1) The tracker doesn't work.

2) Because the scans use the tracker for their data, they don't work either.

Also, I am not getting any more email notices either.  Hard copy or nothing.  Just saying :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

I created a new profile as I have been locked out of my account for a week now, and nothing I have done (reset password, sent help notifications, have members inquire) has allowed me to log into my account I have had since last year. If anyone knows a moderator personally, I rather have my old account active as I have loads of messages I'd like to have moving forward. 

Of course this would happen when I got my approval. Last Saturday night at 9:30pm I was watching TV, and the USCIS tracker app vibrated for the first time in weeks. It was alerting me that my case was approved. My fiance was already in bed, and I wanted to tell him face to face, and we were going to lunch with my Dad the next day. So just to be sure I logged into the USCIS site and low and behold... it was updated that my case was in fact approved. I never received the email notification. But after weeks of neither systems updating, it did that night, and I went to bed with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes. At lunch Sunday, when we got our drinks, Tony thankfully said, Cheers and raised his glass. My dad and I followed and I said, yes, we definitely have something to celebrate... we got our approval. He jumped up, gave me a long hug and kiss, then started to cry. I'm sure the people in the restaurant thought I told him I was pregnant. What a relief this has been for us.

And I see in this last week there has been a bunch of approvals. Congratulations to you all. I'm not going to go back and read all 30+ pages from this last week. Not that I don't want too, but I just don't have the time. 

It took 120 days from NOA1 to NOA2. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

Hello Everyone!

I created a new profile as I have been locked out of my account for a week now, and nothing I have done (reset password, sent help notifications, have members inquire) has allowed me to log into my account I have had since last year. If anyone knows a moderator personally, I rather have my old account active as I have loads of messages I'd like to have moving forward. 

Of course this would happen when I got my approval. Last Saturday night at 9:30pm I was watching TV, and the USCIS tracker app vibrated for the first time in weeks. It was alerting me that my case was approved. My fiance was already in bed, and I wanted to tell him face to face, and we were going to lunch with my Dad the next day. So just to be sure I logged into the USCIS site and low and behold... it was updated that my case was in fact approved. I never received the email notification. But after weeks of neither systems updating, it did that night, and I went to bed with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes. At lunch Sunday, when we got our drinks, Tony thankfully said, Cheers and raised his glass. My dad and I followed and I said, yes, we definitely have something to celebrate... we got our approval. He jumped up, gave me a long hug and kiss, then started to cry. I'm sure the people in the restaurant thought I told him I was pregnant. What a relief this has been for us.

And I see in this last week there has been a bunch of approvals. Congratulations to you all. I'm not going to go back and read all 30+ pages from this last week. Not that I don't want too, but I just don't have the time. 

It took 120 days from NOA1 to NOA2. 

So happy for you...today is day 115 for me...yesterday my congresswoman's office sent in an inquiry on my behalf...I'm hoping that moves stuff along...this wait is torture...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

So happy for you...today is day 115 for me...yesterday my congresswoman's office sent in an inquiry on my behalf...I'm hoping that moves stuff along...this wait is torture...

If there is one thing I have learned during this is that USCIS does not care, and the first level of customer service are robotic and almost worthless. 

Good luck to you...it will come. One way or another you will hear soon enough. The approval rating for K1 is so incredibly high, its just a matter or of when.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

If there is one thing I have learned during this is that USCIS does not care, and the first level of customer service are robotic and almost worthless. 

Good luck to you...it will come. One way or another you will hear soon enough. The approval rating for K1 is so incredibly high, its just a matter or of when.

Agreed...they don't and if it's production based then I can see why theres no rhyme or reason to the flow...and it seems the cases can pass through many hands too.......I know it will.....its just hard watching as everyone moves on from feb and gets their interviews and I'm still here like...ummmm can I get an noa2 please ffs...

18 hours ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

I'm happy feb seems to be moving along...I must say my congresswoman's office responded right away...no letter really needed...if its immigration issues just call...they emailed me an authorization form...my fiance signed it and emailed it back last night and I emailed it to them at 4am...they confirmed receiving it and faxed it to USCIS already...I'm hoping to get some response soon....it was as easy as a call....

You will get your noa2 soon...... just hold on we were accepted after 126 days.... online system works again I believe...... make an appointment through infopass online..... so you can get alot of information and inquire an expedite ......which helped us.... they can help you more than a worthless tier 2 officer or congresswoman.....good luck to you...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.