5,920 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, iamdegie said:

maybe your mailman is acting out again. have you tried calling nvc yet? maybe your case is already there?

Yes, haha, and they caught on real quick. They asked if I had my approval notice. I said no, and was then told to call USCIS.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

1 minute ago, TriloByte said:

Yes, haha, and they caught on real quick. They asked if I had my approval notice. I said no, and was then told to call USCIS.

Meh. ugghh so frustrating. 

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, iamdegie said:

Meh. ugghh so frustrating. 

4 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

I would happily take time off work for a week and go work at CSC if it helped speed FEB up!! for FREE too!!!

its only 30 mins away from where I'm moving to as well !! can they just fix themselves already!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, prish17 said:

I would happily take time off work for a week and go work at CSC if it helped speed FEB up!! for FREE too!!!

its only 30 mins away from where I'm moving to as well !! can they just fix themselves already!!!

I actually once looked up open job positions at the CSC just for fun. :P

I feel like it would at least be a sort of interesting job to have too, going through everyone's files and getting to look at relationship stories and photos...perfect job for the nosy person like me lol

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, prish17 said:

its horrible!!

try not to make up situations in your head (I know I did!!), did you meet through a site and say that by any chance? x

We met through the app called 'Fling - Message the world' But its closed down now because it got banned as people were using it inappropriately. But we went straight to Facebook pretty much straight away after meeting on Fling. I literally can't get any info for Fling. I'm worried they gonna ask for that. There's lots of articles on the app saying why it closed down and when. But all of our info we use is on fb. Im such a worrier. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, prish17 said:

its horrible!!

try not to make up situations in your head (I know I did!!), did you meet through a site and say that by any chance? x

It's a social media app we met on ** 

I'm probably the world's worst worrier. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Another day and no NOA2 yet ... i am a Feb. 15 filer and although i've seen this date worked on this week i havent heard anything back yet so hoping on sometime next week ! 😕

Timeline
14 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

It's a social media app we met on ** 

I'm probably the world's worst worrier. 

Let it come &  deal with it then.

dont let it stress you out! I know it's hard not to but you can't do anything right now.

if it is for the IMBA don't worry! I got you! Literally just sent mine off - I have so much info: your app was free plus as soon as you google that inappropriate shut down explanation comes up. 

RELAX it's fixable!  

Edited by prish17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I was at work and am the one who knew the letter was coming but I called him right away. I'm happy for you too! Maybe we will have our interview on the same day?? If you get your number from NVC/ find out they received it let me know.  I was thinking about trying for the first time in Monday June 5.

My fiance is so clueless in this process.... He asked if I could schedule my interview now.  I was like "lol no"

Congrats!! I'm still waiting for our NOA2, but my received date is Feb 22 so I'm not expecting anything soon. However, as you go through the next steps, please keep me updated. I'm very interested in the timelines in Canada. My medical will be in BC, but wondering how far out Medicals and interviews are. 

Congrats! 🎉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
24 minutes ago, prish17 said:

dont let it stress you out! I know it's hard not to but you can't do anything right now.

if it is for the IMBA don't worry! I got you! Literally just sent mine off - I have so much info: your app was free plus as soon as you google that inappropriate shut down explanation comes up. 

RELAX it's fixable!  

I wonder if the RFE regarding IMBRA only pertains to "dating" websites like OKCupid as an example.  We met on a messaging app called Tango.  I wonder too if I will get an RFE about that. But this is what I find odd.  Certainly online socializing, whether it occurs via a dating site or some other venue, is very common now.  I struggle to understand why USCIS would ask the petitioner for a copy of the site's T&Cs when:

1. It is easily available for them to check

2. by now they should know about the most common sites, why ask for something they have already seen countless times

3. Shouldn't it be their due diligence to verify if a site is IMBRA?

Perhaps I am not understanding something...

Edited by ChisolmTrail

Timeline
22 minutes ago, prish17 said:

RELAX it's fixable!  

Thank you! Just your comment had made me feel better! I'm the benificary from the UK and I see you are too? Thank you so much ☺☺

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Canada856 said:

Congrats!! I'm still waiting for our NOA2, but my received date is Feb 22 so I'm not expecting anything soon. However, as you go through the next steps, please keep me updated. I'm very interested in the timelines in Canada. My medical will be in BC, but wondering how far out Medicals and interviews are. 

Congrats! 🎉

I will be sure to keep you updated!! Depending on how long the next part of the process ends up taking for me, I am thinking I'll be able to book an interview in July.... I'm looking at 19 or 26 to give myself enough time to do the medical (which I have to fly to montreal for as well).  Because of all the uncertainty of when we would get approved, I booked a trip to Dallas for June 23-july 5, so I Have to work around that and can't really rush everything anyways.  I saw on the canada portal that a girl checked on may 22 and every Wednesday in June had availability so I think we shouldn't have much trouble booking within 3-5 weeks, depending on preferance!

I hope you get your NOA2 soon!!

Edited by eastcoastgroove

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.