meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am kind of getting concern...Sent my package off early February and still haven't received the NOA 2 and see quite of few people who sent their package off after me and received their NOA 2 and some already submitted their NVC package...At first I was remaining patient, but now I am little worried and frazzled all at the same time..I am hoping to have my husband here by April of next year...I need prayers and some hope here..

59 minutes ago, Loray Thomas said:

I am kind of getting concern...Sent my package off early February and still haven't received the NOA 2 and see quite of few people who sent their package off after me and received their NOA 2 and some already submitted their NVC package...At first I was remaining patient, but now I am little worried and frazzled all at the same time..I am hoping to have my husband here by April of next year...I need prayers and some hope here..

I don't blame you for being concern, I too am very concern. I sent mines February 27 but there's already been a couple approved on my noa1 date and other dates ahead of me too, I really don't get why. Im trying to get my wife here by February or march next year 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Mall we can do is wait for our mail letters, call them, or schedule an appointment at the uscis office very soon cause that's what I'm planning to do myself. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, JonnyKtao said:

I don't blame you for being concern, I too am very concern. I sent mines February 27 but there's already been a couple approved on my noa1 date and other dates ahead of me too, I really don't get why. Im trying to get my wife here by February or march next year 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Mall we can do is wait for our mail letters, call them, or schedule an appointment at the uscis office very soon cause that's what I'm planning to do myself. 

I spoken with someone who knows this process all too well and she assured me I was well within the processing time....My service center is now on December 24th and she advises me to look at it on a daily basis because it changes I am assuming daily..I am a bit relieved now since talking to her...Be sure to look at your service center processing timeline...That will help out some on where they are at on processing....Let's just pray we have our spouses here in a timely manner...

7 hours ago, Loray Thomas said:

I'm so with you on this 1! NSC...I'm at a lost for words. I've been staying away from this forum and the website. I no longer check my case status daily. It just upsets me. Not to sure what's going on in Nebraska but being that there still dealing with 2016 cases it seems as though it'll be quite awhile still. I do believe in miracles tho😉😉😉😉. Gonna enjoy my visit with my husband for now think about this later best of luck to all and congratulations to all the approvals.

On 9/2/2017 at 5:41 AM, skhal625 said:

For those of you that got approved, i have a question: 

i got approved Aug 21st (got a letter in the mail). today, Sep 1, my status finally changed on the uscis website saying that on Sept 1 they sent my documents to Department of State. so which date should I go by? is it gonna take 6 weeks from today to get NVC welcome letter or did the countdown start from Aug 21 when i got my approval letter (NOA 2)??? help..kind of confused :wacko:

The countdown is from the approval date - august 21. It takes about 2 weeks for NVC to get your case and assign a case no. You can call to get the case no and Invoice no on the phone. Make sure they have your email, so you can get your invoices via email. There is an NVC filers thread you should join.

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, injejo14 said:

The countdown is from the approval date - august 21. It takes about 2 weeks for NVC to get your case and assign a case no. You can call to get the case no and Invoice no on the phone. Make sure they have your email, so you can get your invoices via email. There is an NVC filers thread you should join.

what exactly is a invoice #? i thought they only give a case number. i havent heard anything back since Aug 21st.. still waiting for the NVC welcome letter. also, can you please link the thread...thank you! i appreciate it. 

7 minutes ago, skhal625 said:

what exactly is a invoice #? i thought they only give a case number. i havent heard anything back since Aug 21st.. still waiting for the NVC welcome letter. also, can you please link the thread...thank you! i appreciate it. 

Invoice number will be used for paying the fees.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/646221-nvc-filers-september-2017/

19 hours ago, Loray Thomas said:

Wow...Looking at the current processing time, Nebraska seems to be the only service center working on 2016🤔🤔🤔

A combination of 'exasperation and incredulity' probably best sums up my feelings toward the NSC processing times at the moment. Luckily I am able to visit my wife in Houston this week so I know I'm luckier than some but it is hard to not feel generally hard done by as a Nebraska filer nonetheless! 

Hey guys!!! Husband sent me photos of the approval letter first thing when i woke up!!

He actually has to cancel the INFOPASS appointment with the local office he has been trying to arrange for a week as it was so full  :) 

- PD: Feb 16

- NOA2 date: Aug 31  

- Initial content WITHOUT beneficiary birth cert

- Request for typo / information update on NOA1 sent Jun2

- Clarification letter for country of birth sent Jun 2

- Beneficiary birth cert as supplemental information sent Jul 28

I'm not sure if everyone's letter looks the same but ours says "As the petitioner requests, we sent the petition to NVC blah blah blah.......The NVC will contact the beneficiary with further information about processing steps.......Allow 30 days before contacting NVC"

Do we all receive the same thing? When do i expect the info from NVC and will they mail it to Hong Kong or just by email?

By the way website still says "We Received....." and the online case status account still showing our case inquiry has been assigned to someone lol

February 8th, still waiting because: yup, Nebraska. 

I don't know why I came to see  the approvals from February, March and so on. It's just breaking my heart and I feel like crying and curling up in bed. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

11 minutes ago, Dianalorena said:

February 8th, still waiting because: yup, Nebraska. 

I don't know why I came to see  the approvals from February, March and so on. It's just breaking my heart and I feel like crying and curling up in bed. 

Hi, Be patient and storng, sometimes, they don't update it in the website or email , so also need to check MAIL. I got the approved information only from the MAIL.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Every time I check the estimation to when my i130 gets approved it gets pushed back a week. First it was Sept, then it got pushed to Oct and now it's starting to look like Nov. I've been fortunate I have been able to visit my spouse twice in the past few months. But it's frustrating to see all other service centers get Feb approvals. Even the people I spoke to at the border were shaking their heads on how it could take this long to validate a birth certificate. Seriously 9 months if I'm lucky??? I said I still have the NVC process and Consulate process to go through. I've been married nearly 10 years and have a 4 year old son so there isn't much to verify with my relationship.

The thing I'm most worried about is if Nebraska starts doing mass transfers. From what I've read it can mean an additional 60 days if a case gets transferred from one service center to another. If that happens it would be closer to an entire year for my i130 to get approved. I keep shaking my head over how any of this is possible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.