meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
12 hours ago, acidrain said:

I'm a Feb filer and my frustration is increasing by the day.

I feel like everyone else who got different service centers won the i130 sweepstakes.

If this were a competition this is how it plays out:

#1 - Vermont - March 14, 2017 - how is it that they can be 3 months ahead of Nebraska and not have any of our files transferred?

#2 - Potomac - Not sure of accurate time as Visa Journey has it listed as Oct 24, 2016 but the USCIS page has them processing at Jan 1, 2017 as of May 31. They are likely into March - again why isn't Potomac getting transfers if they are ahead by 3 months?

#3 - Texas - Feb 11, 2017 - Nearly 2 months ahead of Nebraska - again why isn't Texas getting transfers?

#4 - California - Jan 27, 2017 - What the heck happened to all their i130's??? If you take a look at the USCIS processing times page they no longer list i130!! Does this mean USCIS (aka useless) decided to cut out 1 service center out of i130 processing? Do they plan on replacing this service center with another or hiring more people for the backlog?

#5 - Nebraska - Dec 13, 2016 - There are still Nov filers getting processed and every month we are lucky if 15 days of files are going through. USCIS claims i130 petitions are supposed to be processed within 9 months max. At this rate we are all going to be lucky if we get our applications processed by the end of 2017.

If the USCIS processing times page is correct they processed Nov 26, 2017 i130's as of June 30. Visa Journey says today they are processing i130s from Dec 13, 2017. That suggests that in 30 working days (not total days) they have only processed 17 days worth of applications. They are clearly not keeping up with their workload.

There is an obvious solution to the problem but yet nobody in USCIS (useless) wants to deal with it.

Back in 2011 , when I applied for my spouse , NOA1 to NOA 2 was only about 3 months ,  but , again, take a look at the number of applicants that have increased by more than 35 % since then ..... application fee is also much higher now.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Fellow February Filers,

I am following this group since a long time . I am happy for filers who got that NOA2. My PD is 02/08/2017 and it's been processed through TSC. My wife (US citizen) and I are getting impatient. I feel good when I see approvals and my wife checks mails everyday to see if there is any update. I hope it comes soon :(

Officially 6 months today. I know TSC is approving Feb cases but I just couldn't help feeling anxious.

Should we wait or should we try an inquiry with exceeding processing time or congressman or Infopass?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We filed in march ourservice cwnter was potomac PD maech 13 and got approved yesterday! I see all the other cervice centers taking a long time ! Keep the hope up. And fingers cross they move little fastee with everyones case! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ougalde62 said:

We filed in march ourservice cwnter was potomac PD maech 13 and got approved yesterday! I see all the other cervice centers taking a long time ! Keep the hope up. And fingers cross they move little fastee with everyones case! 

Did you just send a marriage certificate or you had additional proof of your relationship?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I been married 4 years on this year i know it took us this long 2 apply bc i have some background from driving without lisence . not 1 not 2 not 3 times but like 6. And we scared of not getting apprpved for green card so we finally decide 2 go for it and hope 2 god somwthing good comes out of it. i sent marrige certificate . kids birth certificate and 2 friends made a letter talking about my marrige i cant remember whats it call the letter. And sent bills with both of our names with same address since 5 years ago it was inly like 2 to 5 bills only from each year amd some pictures . thats all my wife its a USC

Edited by Ougalde62

For my February filers and everyone stuck in Nebraska, we have to stay strong.

We are all impatient, tired, frustrated and stressed. We all miss our loved ones and want to be reunited. But unfortunately for those who don't know yet, things slowed down considerably for us due to a crazy backlog from November last year, that USCIS hasn't taken care of, because they haven't leveled their workload. The worst part is seeing how many of us are stuck in the wrong Jurisdiction, which not only means we got assigned the wrong center, we algo got the slowest one and there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it. 

The USCIS experience seems vastly different depending who you talk to.  Some are lucky and can file reports, others are told they are within normal waiting times and to keep on waiting, same PD. Some are told they can get transferred, others that they have to wait in line like everybody else. Gets to show you just how random and crazy this whole process is. There is nothing fair, nothing that actually makes sense. The only thing we do have control over, is how we feel and not letting it get to us. And we also have each other. If you ever feel completely defeated and that you can't carry on, DM me on the website, I'll be glad to help. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys, I'm new here. My PD is feb 21st at tsc and I am a US citizen applying for spouse. I just spoke with a tier 2 officer and was told that an RFE was sent out yesterday for my case. Does anyone know how long it takes to get approved after submitting the evidence?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, STA8 said:

Hi guys, I'm new here. My PD is feb 21st at tsc and I am a US citizen applying for spouse. I just spoke with a tier 2 officer and was told that an RFE was sent out yesterday for my case. Does anyone know how long it takes to get approved after submitting the evidence?

2-4 weeks i would say but depends on the case to be honest

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.