dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, phillamb168 said:

That's my experience with this. Although I've now brought both my Senator and Congressman to bear, and they're contacting them about twice a week. I am hoping that pressure will push things through.

In regards to expedite requests:

At least the supervisor on the phone said that expedites go to the Embassies, not to the NVC. Not sure how true that is? She said each Embassy can set different reasons/requirements to expedite a case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 minutes ago, bcking said:

At least the supervisor on the phone said that expedites go to the Embassies, not to the NVC. Not sure how true that is? She said each Embassy can set different reasons/requirements to expedite a case.

Here's what my congressman was told:

Per correspondence from your office, the National Visa Center (NVC) forwarded an expedite request to the U.S. Embassy in Paris, France. The response from the U.S. Embassy indicated that they are not willing to accept this case for expeditious processing until it completes processing at the NVC

2 minutes ago, bcking said:

Correct. The NVC is not "allowed" to expedite - a rep once explained why to me, but I can't remember.  Anyway, NVC contacts the embassy asking if they will accept an expedite of the case. The embassy then decides yes/no and also decides if the file will be pulled immediately and sent over, or if it will just be expedited at the interview portion.  

As a side note though, if your file is expedited through the NVC stage, that means it's up to the consulate to check all your information, and you don't get a pre-warning "checklist," so you may have to bring more documents after your initial interview.

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

2 minutes ago, phillamb168 said:

That's what mine said, too, but for me that just meant that I had to wait for my case to complete like normal and then I was able to schedule my own interview appointment after CC.

You must to call NVC and ask whether your expedite was approved or denied, because the e-mails they send out are very confusing.

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

7 minutes ago, phillamb168 said:

Ya so to me I would interpret that to mean that you have to finish the NVC stage, and then they may schedule your interview more quickly.

You could try submitting more evidence of the reasons for your expedite and hoping they change their mind, but I guess it depends on the situation which is personal/private so it isn't really appropriate to discuss here.

7 minutes ago, mrx3214 said:

When did they received your package by mail?

Not sure. The email didn't say. This is the first communication we've had. USCIS sent it to them on 01/24. 

2 hours ago, bcking said:

Since you have an interview scheduled clearly the NVC didn't notice your mistake. Other people can give advice, but I would say don't plan to correcting the error at the interview. Make sure your husband has all the paperwork REQUIRED to correct the error if they bring it up, but if they don't bring it up I wouldn't mention it.

Not sure if everyone will agree with that, but that is what I would do. Have a new copy correctly filled out, and evidence of your dependent etc... with your husband at the interview, but keep it in a folder unless they mention it. That way you are prepared, but don't create a problem for yourselves if they haven't noticed it.

Thank you so much!! Really appreciate your answer. I hope they won't ask him but as for backup I collected all the requirements so hope all goes well and they don't ask him. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Just got a response from my Congressmans District Aid. She did an Inquiry on our Case and she got this response:

Hoping for them to just pull my file and finish it. 

Mary Ann:

Thank you for your email concerning the immigrant visa petition filed by ... on behalf of ... with assigned case number FRN....  In our efforts to provide you and your constituent with the most accurate and up to date information, we are reviewing the status of this petition. We will notify you when this review is complete.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorcruzina said:

Just got a response from my Congressmans District Aid. She did an Inquiry on our Case and she got this response:

Hoping for them to just pull my file and finish it. 

Mary Ann:

Thank you for your email concerning the immigrant visa petition filed by ... on behalf of ... with assigned case number FRN....  In our efforts to provide you and your constituent with the most accurate and up to date information, we are reviewing the status of this petition. We will notify you when this review is complete.

Hope it works for you.  I had mailed my congresswoman a letter on Monday, and wrote to the white house via their website on monday as well.  I gave the congresswoman my case number, and all of the required info, but with the white house I didn't give specifics, aka case number, but I made the case for all of us, pointing out that there are thousands waiting for months on end.  I used the "help with a federal agency" option... hope they don't get that many letters and someone actually reads it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Fost04mach said:

Hope it works for you.  I had mailed my congresswoman a letter on Monday, and wrote to the white house via their website on monday as well.  I gave the congresswoman my case number, and all of the required info, but with the white house I didn't give specifics, aka case number, but I made the case for all of us, pointing out that there are thousands waiting for months on end.  I used the "help with a federal agency" option... hope they don't get that many letters and someone actually reads it. 

Thank you so much. I appreciate you writing to the white house on behalf of all of us.  I hope it will make an impact and you will get a response soon. There must be something that can be done. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline
1 hour ago, CMCorbett said:

Not sure. The email didn't say. This is the first communication we've had. USCIS sent it to them on 01/24. 

Ok thanks for the reply back. Sorry, I was little confused. I thought you were talking about the I-864 package being scanned in.  That's great now you can pay the 120 fee and then after waiting for a few days pay the 325 fee and unlock the ds-260. 

Filed: Timeline
46 minutes ago, Riann&Adam said:

hi All just checking in... called today and no real progress...

scan date 11/29

sent to review department 1/12

hang in there everyone!!:unsure:

We have the same scan date and review department date, still waiting and calling every day. Hope you will get yours soon !

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well I'm terrified :o  Today called twice. What both reps said they can not escalate just nothing to the Review Department. They can't reach it. When asked for supervisor or may be speak with the Review Department or may be leave them a message they say "No, it's not possible". But they think I should be relaxed because my case is already there. Really? It's almost a month there after 6 weeks of "nowhere" I suppose.

E-mail to expedite a week ago and they said my expedite request was forwarded to the..... embassy! Wow. What the embassy could do when the case is still not complete? I was in fact asking for NVC stage. Wow.

The thing gets more and more frustrating. If I'm right in the next few days March scheduling will be over. Bye-bye March interview dates. And then we may just relax for 2-3 weeks. Hahahahaha. Sorry, I'm just exhausted.

With my employment based the attorney strongly recommends to have agreed job proposition at the interview. It's very funny to have phone interviews answering "Mmm. When I suppose to available? Hmm. May be March or may be April or may be I don't know when. Ask NVC!!!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.