2,192 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Question! Husband and I sent AOS packet off in February This year which includes form 1-864 and all its supporting documents. (I met the poverty guidelines for two). Since then we move to a new state in October I got a transfer from my company but they lower my pay rate and switched me to part-time for the time being. Since moving we receive our interview notice for this month of the 13th. I just started working again in late novmeber barely getting any hrs. Since am working for the same company  the wages I have been making as just been adding on to what I have been making the whole time before the move. My year to date on my paystub is currently 35k my last year return I submitted with the original affidavit is 29k. But the hrs n pay rate am getting now is not and doesnt qualify if they were to check. Will I still need a co-sponor by the time the interview comes. Also my husband got a full time job in November with is EAD n ssn and is wages is  over the poverty level for 2 when calculated annually can i use him instead of trying to find a co sponsor last minute of do I even need one?

Filed: Other Timeline
49 minutes ago, j217 said:

I contacted the sen's office. How long did it take them to reply to you?

Very good!  It was one (1) day after I faxed them the infor. they sent in enquiry to NBC -  So it took approximately 2 weeks to get back word from USCIS .

Can anyone tell me when USCIS is going to resend my Green Card???

GC update.png

Edited by Becci391
ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

San Francisco filer (PD 2/16/2017). Just got my interview notice today (12/04/2017)! Interview date is 1/03/2018.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Suudsu said:

San Francisco filer (PD 2/16/2017). Just got my interview notice today (12/04/2017)! Interview date is 1/03/2018.

Also, the myUSCIS case tracker never updated status to indicate that an interview notice was sent.

On 12/3/2017 at 8:33 PM, Khepri said:

Question! Husband and I sent AOS packet off in February This year which includes form 1-864 and all its supporting documents. (I met the poverty guidelines for two). Since then we move to a new state in October I got a transfer from my company but they lower my pay rate and switched me to part-time for the time being. Since moving we receive our interview notice for this month of the 13th. I just started working again in late novmeber barely getting any hrs. Since am working for the same company  the wages I have been making as just been adding on to what I have been making the whole time before the move. My year to date on my paystub is currently 35k my last year return I submitted with the original affidavit is 29k. But the hrs n pay rate am getting now is not and doesnt qualify if they were to check. Will I still need a co-sponor by the time the interview comes. Also my husband got a full time job in November with is EAD n ssn and is wages is  over the poverty level for 2 when calculated annually can i use him instead of trying to find a co sponsor last minute of do I even need one?

I'd say bring all your documents pertaining to yours and your husband salaries. The officer might ask for them, if he/she still  need more documents he'll give you an RFE or say your case needs further review..  At least you're in for interview, you can just explain to them your new situation. Best of luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 12/4/2017 at 7:34 PM, Suudsu said:

Same here! We are in Oakland but will head over to SF to interview the same day on 1/3/18. 

The interview document essentially says to bring a laundry list of documents equating to the original application. Sad we can't bring our son to the interview :(

USCIS also did not update with the interview offer. 

Edited by sergeipoo

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 12/4/2017 at 7:34 PM, Suudsu said:

Congratulations I filed in March in San Francisco too and hopefully will hear positive news from them next month.

2 hours ago, sergeipoo said:

Same here! We are in Oakland but will head over to SF to interview the same day on 1/3/18. 

The interview document essentially says to bring a laundry list of documents equating to the original application. Sad we can't bring our son to the interview :(

USCIS also did not update with the interview offer. 

Congratulations fellow Bay arean

Timeline
13 hours ago, sergeipoo said:

The interview document essentially says to bring a laundry list of documents equating to the original application. Sad we can't bring our son to the interview

Nice, congrats and best of luck! My interview notice is the same generic list. While they don't recommend bringing children, they do specifically recommend bringing birth certificates of children born to the marriage.

10 hours ago, Abhi138 said:

Congratulations I filed in March in San Francisco too and hopefully will hear positive news from them next month.

Congratulations fellow Bay arean

Best of luck, if all is well, I expect that you'll hear next month.

On 12/1/2017 at 8:18 PM, Texasfiler said:

Thank you!  Yes the Senators Office heard back from the National benefit Center they say that case is assigned to an officer and is currently under review and that I would receive a decision or notice of other action shortly.The response from Senator John Cornyn office was rather quick, cudos to them.   

Well, i did receive a response from the good senator but the same canned response that you'll get from a customer service.. like they are still processing nov 14, 2016 .:rolleyes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Alrighty, we did the interview in Seattle today, everything went well and we were told that unless he finds any questions on final review we should be getting the approval notice within 1-2 weeks. He also mentioned that card production is backed up a bit at the moment and might take as long as 3-4 weeks .

Fingers crossed that the approval is just around the corner. For us it was 10 months to the day from filing to interview...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.