2,192 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, starregazer said:

USPS completely lost my husband's green card. They marked it as delivered but it was never placed in our mailbox. That was back in August, we have no idea what happened to it. We had to apply again, luckily managed to get the $540 fee waived (they don't usually do that if lost by USPS) and just completed biometrics in December. We were told it could take a year or more to get the new green card, which is completely ridiculous. We had to travel out of the country, so they gave him a stamp in his passport that serves as proof of residency for a year. 

I have the stamp in my passport because the employee at the field office told me to apply for an I-90 which is ridiculous since USCIS is still in possession of the card.

The fee got waived and I was also informed that they could use the biometrics from April after I filed the I-485.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Becci391 said:

I have the stamp in my passport because the employee at the field office told me to apply for an I-90 which is ridiculous since USCIS is still in possession of the card.

The fee got waived and I was also informed that they could use the biometrics from April after I filed the I-485.

I hope you get your card soon! This process is such a pain!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Becci391 said:

I mean I can understand why it must be frustrating, but why do you take it so seriously?

Your citizenship clock started ticking, you can legally work and travel anywhere you want, you have proof of your legal status in your passport... All that's missing is the little plastic card. Like I said, I get it, but you're going crazy over something you have no control over. Take a step back and relax. You've already done everything in your power to get it replaced.

23 hours ago, j217 said:

Hi. For those still waiting like me.. did you apply for renewal of EAD already? I'm wondering if i should wait till my PD "anniversary"...

My PD is Feb 17. I sent my renewal application this morning.

My husband's  EAD card expires on 4/13/18. Last Application was received 2/27/17. Should we apply for renewal and if so what all needs to be included?

Anybody from NYC here?  USCIS has had our AoS application since February and the last update "fingerprint fee received" was in March.  Can't get a straight answer when calling,  service requests are still pending (date to "expect a reply" has long passed) and no infopass appointments are available. I know there's no point in comparing, but just wondering if there's anybody else here in 'similar' shoes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello, I filed AOS, AP, EAD from NYC in February too, feel free to check out my timeline.  I have been very fortunate except one strange request to submit a full new medical again, though thankfully the worst part of that was simply the cost ($250), there were plenty of USCIS approved doctors to choose from.

I recall reading a tip somewhere, that thankfully I've not yet needed, but that new info pass appointments are released at midnight.

Best of luck to you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have a random question. If my husband received a social security card while he was still on a fiance visa, does he have to go to the social security office and get another card that doesn't have the "Valid for work only with DHS authorization"? Now that he has received his green card?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, theresaa said:

I have a random question. If my husband received a social security card while he was still on a fiance visa, does he have to go to the social security office and get another card that doesn't have the "Valid for work only with DHS authorization"? Now that he has received his green card?

Thanks.

you're supposed to, but it doesn't really matter.

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys so I finally went to the interview 2 days ago. Everything went well we had more than enough proof as he said we had more than enough that it was a little overwhelming 😂 we were told at the end that the case was still under a final review but that same night at 9:00pm I recieved a notification that my GC was under production YAY! Words can’t describe how happy I am! 

AOS FROM B1/B2 

2/13/17    Packet sent in the mail to Chicago Lockbox via USPS through my lawyer.:D

2/14/17    Packet received 

2/21/17    Both Checks cashed

02/25/17 Received I-485 and I-765 in the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone so far :) We are still waiting in Orlando. Our Service Request was "Completed" yesterday, so just waiting to see what comes in the mail. 

I also thought I would share that we used the Advanced Parole this morning. We decided to go on a week long vacation (Bahamas Cruise) we didn't apply for I-131 till about April, and we used the 'Paper' parole this morning arriving into Port Canaveral. We arrived and the immigration/customs officer was incredibly friendly, pulled me aside, and it took 15 minutes. He literally said, "Oh we are just going to give you some stamps today, it wont take too long.... Did you have a nice vacation?". We just had a friendly chat whilst he was entering stuff on the computer, stamping passport and Advance Parole Doc. Thats it :) 

I hope that helps :) 

I got a reply to my service request made sometime September 2017 (took 4 months).. "USCIS systems indicate that your case is awaiting an interview. Your local USCIS Field Office will contact you once they are able to schedule the appointment. Should you not be contacted by your local USCIS Field Office within 90 days of this notice, please contact customer service at the number provided" 

It's a glimmer of hope somehow. Hopefully.. I'll get my schedule soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.