Andr0s

Denver field office fillings

615 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Howdy y'all,

I just joined in and included my filing details in the December thread. Then I decided to try and do some data mining of previous months' filing threads to see how fast Denver field office moves, only to discover there are -very- few Denver field office filings in the last 6+ months of filings. Is that normal? Is that a good sign or a bad sign? Am I overanalyzing things?

We are Denver Field office also, but applied in January.

I think having few filings is good news for us because the office is not very busy.

It seems like the Denver field office moves very quickly, and if all goes well at the interview, you can choose to take the oath and become a citizen the same afternoon!

You can follow other people's progress here:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?op6=All&op7=Denver+CO&op1=&op2=&op4=1&op5=5%2C10%2C11&cfl=

Edited by jenafid

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I with my Wife is also Denver filling. Recently one friend (couple) of mine got their Citizenship done here. they were IOE fillers that's why it took them a couple of months more for oath otherwise they were done pretty fast.

We filled on 12/12/2016 , Finger prints done on 01/12/2017. My wife's status changed to InLine for interview last night (01/30/2017) which means her background checks have completed. Mine are still in progress.

Timeline

@LifeOnLine I saw your and your wife's names on December list, just a bit above mine - I'll race ya to finish!

@Jenafid Yeah, I'm hoping that low load means faster processing... Fingers crossed.

We should all go out for drinks when this is all over. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, jenafid said:

What does it mean IOE filers?

New system which was rolled last year for filling on-line.  On-line filers got the receipt numbers starting with IOE as compared to NBC.  The system is not in use for the new applicants because of the issues.

Timeline

The three letters in front of your case number designate which office you filed through - my case starts with NBC which stands for National Benefits Center; IOE designates applications filed through Ellis e-filing system. There's been an issue with Ellis e-filing which led to stops and delays on processing of IOE cases. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Andr0s said:

@LifeOnLine I saw your and your wife's names on December list, just a bit above mine - I'll race ya to finish!

@Jenafid Yeah, I'm hoping that low load means faster processing... Fingers crossed.

Sure, I will let you win. :) as long all of us get it in reasonable time.

We might get the same day interview and plan something afterwards to celebrate.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone

I am a Denver filer for N-400. I had my paperwork sent in August, had my biometrics done in September and had my interview last week. I wasn't given the choice of oath the same day, it is scheduled after the interview and should be within 30 days. The interview was about 15 minutes long in total and I was out of the building by 9.30am.

The questions were easy, 6 as I answered them correctly, you also get asked some routine questions, I took paperwork to the interview with me that it asked for on the appointment letter, birth certificates, marriage license, divorce paperwork from previous marriage but they only asked for drivers license I.D. and my Green Card which they copied.

Straight forward and simple, but just took forever to get to this stage, but well worth the wait.

Good luck to everyone.

Dave :)

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am a Denver filer too. I do not think Denver office is "fast". It is below average. If Dave had his interview last week (congratulations!) as a September filer, for me, as a January filer, it means another 4 months....this sucks actually.....

Relax, this is not a race.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

On 1/31/2017 at 3:35 PM, Andr0s said:

I'm a Denver AOS filer, not Naturalization, but I second getting drinks, after not hearing anything for over 7 months I definitely need one!

USCIS Process

December 2005 - Met online

August 2015 - Met in person

November 27, 2015 - Married <3

1-8-16: Filed I-130

5-13-16: I-130 Approved

9-20-2016: Mailed AOS Docs (I-485/I-765/I-131)

9-22-2016: AOS Docs received

9-30-2016: NOA

10-21-16: RFI for I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

10-25-16: Biometrics

10-31-16: RFI response mailed

11-4-16: RFI response received

12-2-16: EAD in process

12-8-16: EAD in hand

5-18-17: Interview (238 days from filing)

5-18-17: Approved!

Timeline
On 4/12/2017 at 6:36 AM, Dave H said:

Hey everyone

I am a Denver filer for N-400. I had my paperwork sent in August, had my biometrics done in September and had my interview last week. I wasn't given the choice of oath the same day, it is scheduled after the interview and should be within 30 days. The interview was about 15 minutes long in total and I was out of the building by 9.30am.

The questions were easy, 6 as I answered them correctly, you also get asked some routine questions, I took paperwork to the interview with me that it asked for on the appointment letter, birth certificates, marriage license, divorce paperwork from previous marriage but they only asked for drivers license I.D. and my Green Card which they copied.

Straight forward and simple, but just took forever to get to this stage, but well worth the wait.

Good luck to everyone.

Dave :)

Dave, thanks a lot for the update - I've been keeping an eye on Aug-Nov threads trying to discern the speed of Denver office, but there are so few reported fillers it's nigh impossible to track the general trends. Vongratulations on passing your interview! I hope rest of us won't be far behind you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.