AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, PAK123 said:

Okay so I called the NVC today and it turns out that my stupid lawyer didn't submit the beneficiary's passport copy. Now they will send me a checklist. So my question is can I send them the passport copy before they send me the checklist or should I wait. And how long does it take to get a case complete status once I've submitted the copy?

Thanks

Guys,

Any idea how long does it usually take to get a case complete status at the NVC once I've submitted the beneficiary's passport copy as a result of a checklist/RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/7/2017 at 10:18 PM, Ashleyelms said:

Glory to God😇 Guys I received a mail approval today from TSC filed January 12 of this year.. 

can someone please tell what to do next? Thank u so much🤗

Congrats! How did you figure out NVC received your case? When was your case approved? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

For those in Nebraska,

My wife was today in a USCIS branch in NJ and she was told we are approved and everything is fine with application although in line to be noticed.

That's all.

Happy summer.

LIFE

2005: The beginning

2009: Marriage

2010: The twins came

USCIS

01/13/2017: I-130 - Chicago Lockbox

01/23/2017: NOA1 Form I-797 - Nebraska Service Center

On 8/8/2017 at 4:18 AM, Ashleyelms said:

Glory to God😇 Guys I received a mail approval today from TSC filed January 12 of this year.. 

can someone please tell what to do next? Thank u so much🤗

Congdatualtions 🥂. Some friendly advice, there's people in this group that could tell you what to do next, but better advice would be for you and your spouse to read the USCIS page on what's next after approval, that's the best and objective way, so you educate yourself through the webiste and prepare yourself for the next stage. Anything you don't fully comprehend we might chime in at any moment.

36 minutes ago, Cadizfornia said:

For those in Nebraska,

My wife was today in a USCIS branch in NJ and she was told we are approved and everything is fine with application although in line to be noticed.

That's all.

Happy summer.

congratulations 🥂

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Cadizfornia said:

For those in Nebraska,

That's all.

Happy summer.

Wow thats great! Gives me more hope that mine will come soon. Congrats!

1 hour ago, Cadizfornia said:

For those in Nebraska,

That's all.

Happy summer.

So happy for you too, and well we applied about the same time so hoping we hear it soon too! Hopes is approved too soon!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Cadizfornia said:

For those in Nebraska,

That's all.

Happy summer.

Congrats gives me hope my pd is  3 days after yours.

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Thank you @Yeonin🤗 Yes we are now preparing documents in advance☺️especially some documents we need to request overseas.. my question now is do I have to get a police certificate where I stay in my country for only 3 months before I come here in usa  or only will provide where I stayed in Middle East for almost 10 years? .. NVC also received our file yesterday.. 

4 hours ago, uali4572 said:

Congrats! How did you figure out NVC received your case? When was your case approved? 

Thank u🤗.. tracking app was updated yesterday and our status have changed into NVC received ☺️ My case was approved August 3 and we received via snail mail last Monday August 7🤗

4 minutes ago, Ashleyelms said:

Thank you @Yeonin🤗 Yes we are now preparing documents in advance☺️especially some documents we need to request overseas.. my question now is do I have to get a police certificate where I stay in my country for only 3 months before I come here in usa  or only will provide where I stayed in Middle East for almost 10 years? .. NVC also received our file yesterday.. 

the DS260 will ask you for all your address you've lived since you were 16yrs old so I'm thinking you will need police clearance certificates from every country you've lived in since that age.

1 minute ago, Yeonin said:

the DS260 will ask you for all your address you've lived since you were 16yrs old so I'm thinking you will need police clearance certificates from every country you've lived in since that age.

Oh ok.. so I think I have to get it also there then.. thank u again @Yeonin everyone here very helpful 🤗 That's why I'm so happy that I found this forum.. 

30 minutes ago, Ashleyelms said:

i live in the U.K. And I needed a police certificate from Japan. I had to go to the Japanese embassy in London to apply for and collect my certificate and it took 2 months to process so make sure you give yourself plenty of time! 

1 minute ago, larnar1309 said:

i live in the U.K. And I needed a police certificate from Japan. I had to go to the Japanese embassy in London to apply for and collect my certificate and it took 2 months to process so make sure you give yourself plenty of time! 

😲 omg that long?!😓 I hope I can get it sooner because I asked my family member to get it for me.. instead of going to the embassy.. thank u @larnar1309 🙂 Better atleast I have idea 😊

2 minutes ago, Ashleyelms said:

😲 omg that long?!😓 I hope I can get it sooner because I asked my family member to get it for me.. instead of going to the embassy.. thank u @larnar1309 🙂 Better atleast I have idea 😊

Yea it depends on the country but in some cases it can take longer... is there a reason you can't get it yourself? (Your family member is in that country but you are not ?) in that case maybe you can get it from that countries embassy where you are currently?

i know on the Japanese certificate it said it would take longer if I couldn't collect it in person / had someone else collect it!! Maybe look on this site for any information on police certs from the specific country you are talking about! Best of luck :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.