AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, mahasib said:

Quick question..... My I-130 case was approved on 22nd July and I got my NOA2 on 27th July. How long should I wait to call NVC? in the approval letter it says, I should wait at least 30 days to call them.

did your status already change into sent to department of state (nvc)? 

so I just "completed" My ds260 but can't submit it yet, since my passport was still valid for only 9 months I went ahead and applied for a new one....so I'm waiting on it...untill then I have a few days to check..check and double

....triple check if everything is filled in correctly😁 madnessss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 minutes ago, mahasib said:

Quick question..... My I-130 case was approved on 22nd July and I got my NOA2 on 27th July. How long should I wait to call NVC? in the approval letter it says, I should wait at least 30 days to call them.

1 minute ago, Yeonin said:

Hi Yeo, I think USCIS hasn't been updating online status or sending notification emails/texts for the past couple of weeks. So it is possible that they sent it to NVC and is not showing as "sent to DOS". Anyway, for most cases that I've seen from Texas, it usually takes two weeks for NVC to receive the case from USCIS. 

2 minutes ago, Dan Jr said:

Hi Yeo, I think USCIS hasn't been updating online status or sending notification emails/texts for the past couple of weeks. So it is possible that they sent it to NVC and is not showing as "sent to DOS". Anyway, for most cases that I've seen from Texas, it usually takes two weeks for NVC to receive the case from USCIS. 

give them a call they would at least be able to tell you if they've received your case and when you can expect a casenumber and invoicenumber.

10 minutes ago, Yeonin said:

No. my status is still says, "My case was received". okay I will try to call them to see if they got my case or not. Thanks @Yeonin:) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Yeonin said:

so I just "completed" My ds260 but can't submit it yet, since my passport was still valid for only 9 months I went ahead and applied for a new one....so I'm waiting on it...untill then I have a few days to check..check and double

You could have still used that passport to complete the DS-260, as long as it's not expired you're good. Then apply for a new one and have the embassy modify your DS-260 for you once they received your file from the NVC

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

9 minutes ago, mahasib said:

No. my status is still says, "My case was received". okay I will try to call them to see if they got my case or not. Thanks @Yeonin:) 

alright, keep your USCIS casenumber at hand.Keep us posted, good luck!

10 minutes ago, SabRob said:

You could have still used that passport to complete the DS-260, as long as it's not expired you're good. Then apply for a new one and have the embassy modify your DS-260 for you once they received your file from the NVC

thank you @SabRob I was hesitant, but will do now. Thanks a lot I needed that last push lol

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
Just now, Yeonin said:

thank you @SabRob I was hesitant, but will do now. Thanks a lot I needed that last push lol

You are very welcome! Do it! I was in the same situation as you and the NVC rep told me to just call the Embassy and ask them to update it when the ceac tracker says "Ready". 

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Yeonin said:

Hahaha!!! Yes I'm sure you'll have the form memorized by the time you're ready to click submit haha. 

How long will you have to wait for your new passport?

2 minutes ago, AnIJrny said:

Hahaha!!! Yes I'm sure you'll have the form memorized by the time you're ready to click submit haha. 

How long will you have to wait for your new passport?

I went along and submitted it, i was advised by another VJ'er to do so because they had the same situation. When my file goes to the embassy for interview i can ask them to adjust my DS260 and change my passport details. I will get the new one next week.

Now i'm at ease a bit more lol

4 hours ago, Yeonin said:

I went along and submitted it, i was advised by another VJ'er to do so because they had the same situation. When my file goes to the embassy for interview i can ask them to adjust my DS260 and change my passport details. I will get the new one next week.

Now i'm at ease a bit more lol

Perfect!! I saw that after I commented. I should really start reading all the new posts before adding my 2 cents haha

Anyway, so glad you were able to move forward!

On 7/15/2017 at 0:51 PM, ECBZ said:

Hey everyone!  Just checking in, I know it's been a little while.  I have been in a huge transition as I moved from Belize back to the US to re-establish myself here and wait for this process to be over!  My husband plans to come for a visit soon but then he will go back to Belize until approved.  I just want to tell everyone visiting their spouses that I hope you enjoy that time to the fullest!  Those of you emerging into the NVC stage, stay focused and positive.  It is another step of a lot of paperwork and of course more waiting but being out of the I-130 stage is a blessing.  Those of you waiting for NOA2, I feel for you and I know this is a trying time.  However I know NOA2 has to be coming for you soon and when it does, enjoy the celebration!  This process is not for the weak at heart.  Most people have no idea what we are enduring to make this happen.  They just think it is "easy" because you are married.  We know the truth but we also know that we are doing this for the right reasons and that one day we will look back and say wow, I remember repeatedly checking my status every five minutes on the USCIS site or I remember spending all night reading Visa Journeys blogs because people there were the only ones who "got it".  Anyways, continued wishes for the best of luck in this crazy process as we all look forward to that sweet reward. 

Thanks the last part is exactly what I do i chk my status and email every day. I have sentmy I 130 on May 2017 for my husband and got approved and now is Texas vista center do u know how long would it take to get any letters from them? Also we live both in Australia and we want to move back in US do u think i should be little delay for my case? Or do i have to move at least a few months earlier than him? 

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.