AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, donkorandlinda said:

That is wrong. I check it ones in a while but the Last Updated date remain the same until today.I checked it yesterday 3/24/17 and today 3/25/2017 but the last updated date is 3/23/2017.The last time it was updated was 2/17/2017 which is my priority date. I didnt check it on 3/23/2017 but it says last updated on 3/23/2017

I'm not going to argue with you about it, you asked a question and I was answering with facts. So enjoy your 5 month wait for that noa2 and 3-4 months for NVC process. 

8 hours ago, donkorandlinda said:
K3 IR-1/CR-1 Visa 
Event Date
Service Center : Potomac Service Center
Consulate : Ghana
Marriage : 2017-01-27
I-130 Sent : 2017-02-16
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-02-17

I am yet to receive NOA2 but i login at USCIS today 3/25/2017 and seen Last Updated 3/23/2017. Does it mean they picked my form and working on or what? They didnt put any information on the case history but only says Last Updated 3/23/2017

I don't wanna sound negative but, yes you'll have to wait at leat 5 months, if for whatever reason you think February cases will be picked up before January cases that's the most wrong assumprion, cause I'm pretty sure it won't slide. Check the processing times and you'll see that even December cases for Potomac haven't been touched yet, so good luck waiting because we all are. Be blessed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yeonin said:

I don't wanna sound negative but, yes you'll have to wait at leat 5 months, if for whatever reason you think February cases will be picked up before January cases that's the most wrong assumprion, cause I'm pretty sure it won't slide. Check the processing times and you'll see that even December cases for Potomac haven't been touched yet, so good luck waiting because we all are. Be blessed.

"Soft LUD" is one where you will not see any change in status or get an email alert from USCIS. These are the internal activities that occur at USCIS. For example your I-485 case has been processed and ready to be approved, but USCIS could not approve it because your priority date is not current. Others like your fingerprints get added in the system, your background check results are received, your case was moved internally from one cabinet to other or moved from one service center to other etc. You can track this by logging into USCIS Case Status system and checking "Last Updated" column in your portfolio. If you know that you expect any update in your case due to FP or background check or your I-485 is about to process, you can track this based on "Soft LUD". But again, this is all based on guesstimate and no one other than USCIS knows what is the real reason behind the update. My priority date is January 17,2017 but I checked my case and it was last updated on March 23,2017 without any info about what they did which is a "Soft LUD". Google hard and soft Lud and you will understand what I mean. Some cases sometimes get approved earlier than others for unknown reason. USCIS already has my information because they approved my I-129F last year August 2016. Whenever I call they say every case is different. Some get approved earlier than others 

Edited by donkorandlinda

Timeline
35 minutes ago, donkorandlinda said:

"Soft LUD" is one where you will not see any change in status or get an email alert from USCIS. These are the internal activities that occur at USCIS. For example your I-485 case has been processed and ready to be approved, but USCIS could not approve it because your priority date is not current. Others like your fingerprints get added in the system, your background check results are received, your case was moved internally from one cabinet to other or moved from one service center to other etc. You can track this by logging into USCIS Case Status system and checking "Last Updated" column in your portfolio. If you know that you expect any update in your case due to FP or background check or your I-485 is about to process, you can track this based on "Soft LUD". But again, this is all based on guesstimate and no one other than USCIS knows what is the real reason behind the update. My priority date is January 17,2017 but I checked my case and it was last updated on March 23,2017 without any info about what they did which is a "Soft LUD". Google hard and soft Lud and you will understand what I mean. Some cases sometimes get approved earlier than others for unknown reason. USCIS already has my information because they approved my I-129F last year August 2016. Whenever I call they say every case is different. Some get approved earlier than others   

IMG_4038.PNG

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Kevin and Belda said:

Click on the link to see what It says 

What link? It's a soft lud meaing they touched my file and did something to it but there is no history or updated info about what they did to file on 3/23/2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, donkorandlinda said:

IMG_4038.PNG

Please, click on the LINK (the file number that is in BLUE), it'll give you the status of your case.

And then kindly make a print screen so we can all see...

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Pat&Vince said:

Please, click on the LINK (the file number that is in BLUE), it'll give you the status of your case.

And then kindly make a print screen so we can all see...

I know what you want me to do. When I click on it it only show info of NOA1 date and when it was sent out. After NOA1 priority date 2/17/2017 they touched my file again on 3/23/2017 and did something to it but they did not update any info about what they did 

IMG_4038.PNG

IMG_4039.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, donkorandlinda said:

I know what you want me to do. When I click on it it only show info of NOA1 date and when it was sent out. After NOA1 priority date 2/17/2017 they touched my file again on 3/23/2017 and did something to it but they did not update any info about what they did 

IMG_4038.PNG

IMG_4039.PNG

While I hope that you are right and that for some reason you are being prioritized, I implore you to not get your hopes up. Odds are, you are going to be waiting for a few months yet, despite the "last updated" notice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
28 minutes ago, donkorandlinda said:

IMG_4038.PNG

IMG_4039.PNG

Alright,

They might have touched it... but that doesn't mean it's being processed? Who knows? 

I mean, I wish it would be the case, that'd mean a pretty fast processing for you... But please, just do like the rest of us, chill and be patient!

Eventually, you can call USCIS to clarify the topic, I'm not sure anyone here can help you more than this.

Edited by Pat&Vince

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Pat&Vince said:

Alright,

They might have touched it... but that doesn't mean it's being processed? Who knows? 

I mean, I wish it would be the case, that'd mean a pretty fast processing for you... But please, just do like the rest of us, chill and be patient!

Eventually, you can call USCIS to clarify the topic, I'm not sure anyone here can help you more than this.

I think he's right....but I'm not sure...my priority date and case received date is Dec 22, 2016 and check was cashed Jan 3, 2017. When I login I see the LAST UPDATED status as 01/09/2017.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

13 hours ago, donkorandlinda said:

I am sure they picked up my case on 3/23/2017 and worked on it. Sometimes they do not go by the priority date like some case get approved earlier than others. This is my 3rd time filing for my wife. I filed i-129F twice last year.The first one was denied because i send the file to uscis before i met my fiancee and the second one was approved and she was denied visas at the usa embassy in Ghana and they wanted to send the case back so NVC for correction so we can file i-130 for them to give he visas but they said the petition would expire by the time NVC gets it back so they closed the case and ask as to file i-130. This is the third time they had received our documents so i think it will go faster as we included the letter for denial from the embassy that explain why the 2nd I-129f was denied for visas aT the interview to the documents we send out

Hey guys.... a couple things

1) Please know that Potomac (in general) is processing early September cases right now -- yes, there are exceptions -- however, people in my group with PD's from the first week or two of September have JUST been approved this past week. We also have September filers reporting that they were transferred from Potomac or Nebraska to Texas who have recently been approved OR are still waiting....

take away --> USCIS is BEHIND

2) Also know that many of these same people that were recently APPROVED got their NOA2 in the mail before anything was updated online. I think something is going on with their computer system because people have been checking it religiously, with no updates, and then they get the NOA2 in the mail!! Others have gotten approval texts from USCIS... and the computer system was still not updated. 

take away --> USCIS computer system is all over the place (yes, this is disheartening)

3) It's true that some people go faster through this process and others go slower -- it's just something you have to accept. There is no rhyme or reason for it though, just because you are from a certain country or because you have "done this before" does not matter to them. I know people from Germany (like my husband) who are still waiting at a USCIS service center (for over 6 months). Then you have people like my husband who are completely done with their interview and visa in hand in 6 months. I have no explanation for you except that USCIS is an imperfect system run by regular people. 

My advice is to hope for the best, but prepare for a long wait. The averages right now are pretty long, waits are 5-6 months for USCIS and 3 months at NVC. That means most people are waiting a year or more before they are reunited with their spouse in the US. Yes, you might be a lucky one and get through faster, but don't assume this will be the case. I advise a monthly check-in with your status on USCIS and use the wait time to familiarize yourself with the NVC process and prep necessary documents. Also, keep maintaining your call/chat logs and save any related travel documents from trips to see one another. You're going to drive yourself crazy trying to see if they've "touched" your documents based on whether the USCIS computer system has been updated. 

I wish you all the best --- good luck! :)

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

My case was updated on Feb 6th and my PD Jan 31...so let me assure you it doesn't mean a thing...but again I don't understand why a Feb filer took to the Jan filers forum to start a troll. Ya"ll be blessed and let it be. People get so jacked up on this platform I simply do not understand the selfishness.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Last night I had drinks with my wife and when we came home we had an encounter with a dog headed extraterrestrial driving a Vespa, who told us that my green card was already on the way, and that I don't have to do the interview, nor wait, nor nothing. Sometimes these things happen, you take a few Heineken and you are visited by strange people who tell you interesting things. LoL

LIFE

2005: The beginning

2009: Marriage

2010: The twins came

USCIS

01/13/2017: I-130 - Chicago Lockbox

01/23/2017: NOA1 Form I-797 - Nebraska Service Center

47 minutes ago, Cadizfornia said:

Last night I had drinks with my wife and when we came home we had an encounter with a dog headed extraterrestrial driving a Vespa, who told us that my green card was already on the way, and that I don't have to do the interview, nor wait, nor nothing. Sometimes these things happen, you take a few Heineken and you are visited by strange people who tell you interesting things. LoL

That good old Heineken!?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.