AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Pat&Vince said:

So I made it to California last night without a glitch! 

Well... there was a glitch, but it was weather related and I missed my connection in Amsterdam, got rerouted through Detroit and arrived in San Francisco 10 hours late.

Looooooong day! of travelling, but seeing the bright smile on my babe's face washed away all the travelling stress!

I was nervous about clearing immigration, wasn't sure if the I-130 would come up. So I had a copy of our NOA1, marriage certificate, and a whole bunch of documents (utility bills, mortgage, bank statements) in case I needed to explain myself.

Turns out the ESTA section at DTW arrivals is automated (like in Chicago or Boston), you scan you own passport, answer a couple questions, get a ticket and then proceed to a CPB agent. They were friendly and expediting everyone pretty fast, stamped my passport just asking the standard questions : purpose, how long, enjoy your stay... thank you very much *WHEEEEWWWW* I'm in :-)

It feels so awesome to be here, and tomorrow is my husband's birthday, i'm feeing good <3

Aaaaaawwwww I'm  so happy for you both, I hope he has a wonderful bday! I do enjoy the esta line! Easy & quick. The weather was absolutely crazy yesterday, I live in Rotterdam and it took me 2,5hrs instead of the normal 45 minutes to get home. Enjoy your time with your hubby, wishing him a new year of more life & love, say hello to my fellow pisces for me! Have a good one, cheers!

4 hours ago, MrChamploo said:

This process is a-lot of waiting in between.

What you need to do is look towards the next step and prepare yourself as much as possible. You don't wanna be caught off guard and not prepared it takes more time

Indeed, it teaches you next level patience and you have to be ready, In the meantime I go to my day to day enjoy my job and normal stuff I do as if I'm not waiting on anything ?, thank God I have a busy job otherwise I'd go crazy!

4 hours ago, Yeonin said:

Indeed, it teaches you next level patience and you have to be ready, In the meantime I go to my day to day enjoy my job and normal stuff I do as if I'm not waiting on anything ?, thank God I have a busy job otherwise I'd go crazy!

Well that and those dutchies we have in our lives are a handful :lol:

Met 6/21/15 Online

Married since February 29th 2016 In the Netherlands (Where she is from)

6/12/16 - Preparing to send packet to USCIS

6/27/16 - Sent Package to Chicago lock-box via UPS

7/5/16 - NOA1 Text/Email / sent to Potomac (Hardcopy 7/10/16)

8/3/16 - NOA 2 I-130 Approved! Case sent to NVC! (Hardcopy 8/6/16)

8/19/16 to 9/4/16 - Visited wife for two weeks in NL. =}

9/1/16 - NVC Case and invoice # received. (Email) Finished DS260 and Paid AOS Fee.

9/8/16 - IV Fee Paid!

9/16/16 - DS260 Finished!

9/27/16 - Sent Documents to NVC.

11/21/16 - Called NVC. Case reviewed and accepted on 11/18. Waiting for email/mail.

11/28/16 - Got Email stating we are now waiting for an interview spot!

12/11/16 - Got the interview date! 1/12/17!

1/12/17 - ...ACCEPTED SHE IS NOW WAITING FOR HER PASSPORT IN THE MAIL! =]

1/18/17 - Passport and visa in her hands! We now wait till 2/24 for her to fly to me! (Has to finish work contract)

2/24/17 - She is now here with me! POE was simple,she only took 10 minutes with them checking her visa! "Welcome to America,missus"

3/15/17 - SSN Card Received.

4/10/17 - Greencard Received.

Preparing I-751 (ROC)

11/26/18 - I-751 Prepared and mailed out.

11/27/18 - UPS Confirmed Delivery at 10:30AM

12/3/18 - Checks cashed and got Email/Text With Receipt #

01/3/19 - Extension letter received.

I hope everyone is having a great day and good beginning of this week! 

My nerves are settled for the moment, simply because I don't expect to hear anything anytime soon. My wife will be here on Friday for a week so that'll keep me occupied for a bit ?. We talk about alot of stuff everyday , surprisingly not alot about the I130 process. 

God bless y'alls unions no matter the distance, love will always prevail!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
3 hours ago, Yeonin said:

I hope everyone is having a great day and good beginning of this week! 

My nerves are settled for the moment, simply because I don't expect to hear anything anytime soon. My wife will be here on Friday for a week so that'll keep me occupied for a bit ?. We talk about alot of stuff everyday , surprisingly not alot about the I130 process. 

God bless y'alls unions no matter the distance, love will always prevail!

Counting down days huh? ;-)

I must admit that the frustration of the separation vanishes away pretty quickly, it just takes a second to spot the smile of your sweetheart to feel fully alive again!

Since I have been here, we have quickly addressed the I-130 bit but we know there's not much to do, just wait and be pro-active when the time comes.

Love is indeed a crazy beast! Of course we had to make it somewhat complicated, but it's definitely worth all the wait in the world.

Have a wonderful time together! 

17 hours ago, Pat&Vince said:

Counting down days huh? ;-)

I must admit that the frustration of the separation vanishes away pretty quickly, it just takes a second to spot the smile of your sweetheart to feel fully alive again!

Since I have been here, we have quickly addressed the I-130 bit but we know there's not much to do, just wait and be pro-active when the time comes.

Love is indeed a crazy beast! Of course we had to make it somewhat complicated, but it's definitely worth all the wait in the world.

Have a wonderful time together! 

Indeed, couldn't have said it any better!

Thank you...she's  a typical Georgia girl always complaining about how cold it is in Cincinnati at the moment, but little does she know that she'll come right into the crappy rainy cold dutch weather! But no complaints from me lol

16 minutes ago, Yeonin said:

Indeed, couldn't have said it any better!

Thank you...she's  a typical Georgia girl always complaining about how cold it is in Cincinnati at the moment, but little does she know that she'll come right into the crappy rainy cold dutch weather! But no complaints from me lol

Ah no way, I'm set for Cincinnati too!! Small world ^_^

4 hours ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

Ah no way, I'm set for Cincinnati too!! Small world ^_^

I love cincinnati, wouldn't mind living there...but then again I absolutely dread the cold weather. I hate shopping, but then kenwood mall happened to me:D..so my wife is grateful for Cincinnati, she'll be on a project there for hopefully the next 2yrs. Small world indeed!

My predicted approval date has been saying not enough recent approvals to determine a date for well over a week now! This sucks :angry: Potomac must be wayyyy behind. I'm guessing no January filers have had any movement yet... Sigh! Looking forward to when the time comes that we all get to post something positive about this process for once lol! :rolleyes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

My predicted approval date has been saying not enough recent approvals to determine a date for well over a week now! This sucks :angry: Potomac must be wayyyy behind. I'm guessing no January filers have had any movement yet... Sigh! Looking forward to when the time comes that we all get to post something positive about this process for once lol! :rolleyes:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they seem to still be wading through people from last fall.. a few September people have been getting through that were transferred. 

NVC is still stuck on people from early December. :blink:

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

Hi Im new here from the Philippines?. My husband mailed i130 last Jan 24 and up to now he havent receive any txt or emails from the uscis ?

3 hours ago, Girlie Cristobal said:

Hi Im new here from the Philippines?. My husband mailed i130 last Jan 24 and up to now he havent receive any txt or emails from the uscis ?

Hi, please tell your husband to call them at 1-800-375-5283 you should've heard back from them already. Good luck!

4 hours ago, misshepburn said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they seem to still be wading through people from last fall.. a few September people have been getting through that were transferred. 

NVC is still stuck on people from early December. :blink:

Just yesterday I told myself..." let me just sit here and wait for those 150 days to hit" . Potomac has I think 10 1-130 cases for Jan the rest is I-175 and best believe those I-175 and the transferred cases will get priority. That's one thing the US immigration department  could actually really work on....it ain't that difficult! Hire people to come in and create more efficient legislation. I work in international recruitment and I'venever encountered a system like the US's. My legal mind gets frustrated, so I just was like can't have that so let's just wait on 150 days lol???

2 hours ago, Yeonin said:

Hi, please tell your husband to call them at 1-800-375-5283 you should've heard back from them already. Good luck!

Thank you much. I will tell him right away. Hopefully they already started the process. Thanks Yeonin! ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.