AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

This process is going to be long. It is better to prepare for a long wait so maybe the time will pass a bit faster, otherwise it only brings anxiety.
My wife and I are already preparing for the possibility that she and my two daughters, who are 7 years old, have to be alone for several months until I can live with them. It is what it is.

Sometimes it's better not to wait too much from the circumstances.

LIFE

2005: The beginning

2009: Marriage

2010: The twins came

USCIS

01/13/2017: I-130 - Chicago Lockbox

01/23/2017: NOA1 Form I-797 - Nebraska Service Center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kevin and Belda said:

when do you guys think we will start seeing some approvals. ?

For January filers? Not for a few months yet. Depends what service center you were sent to. We were sent to Nebraska and am not expecting to get an approval for another 4 months yet.

59 minutes ago, Kevin and Belda said:

If things go well and if the people at Potomac are keen on meeting deadlines I'd say may/June for me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
5 hours ago, Kevin and Belda said:

Maybe i'm being delusional, but I'm truly hoping, according to stats and timelines, to get an answer at the start of May... Right when my boo will be here for a visit :-)

18 hours ago, Yeonin said:

Hi, please tell your husband to call them at 1-800-375-5283 you should've heard back from them already. Good luck!

Hi Yeonin! Thanks so much for your advise, my husband called uscis and they gave the receipt number. I checked it thru uscis page and it shows they have already sent the noa1 hard copy last Jan 25. Thanks so much Yeonin! ?

Nebraska Strikes again !

From December 31st to January 31st its moved from the 2nd of August to the 9th !

Why did i get sent to nebraska ?

what did i do wrong..

Our priority date is 12/27/2016 and we recieved our NOA1 January 4th 

64 + days down another 132 days going by the estimate, if nothing else its teaching me patience.

Anyone got any good news ?

8 hours ago, GheC said:

Hi Yeonin! Thanks so much for your advise, my husband called uscis and they gave the receipt number. I checked it thru uscis page and it shows they have already sent the noa1 hard copy last Jan 25. Thanks so much Yeonin! ?

You're very welcome and now we wait! Exciting!? you can also Create an account online and connect your email to it, so anytime something changes in your file at uscis you will get a notification. https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/disclaimer.do

11 hours ago, Pat&Vince said:

Maybe i'm being delusional, but I'm truly hoping, according to stats and timelines, to get an answer at the start of May... Right when my boo will be here for a visit :-)

LOL dear you're far from delusional ?, I too had that same timeline based on cases similar to mine...but at this point I'll just sit in my waiting chair and chill

Timeline
5 hours ago, martin bk said:

Nebraska Strikes again !

From December 31st to January 31st its moved from the 2nd of August to the 9th !

Why did i get sent to nebraska ?

what did i do wrong..

Our priority date is 12/27/2016 and we recieved our NOA1 January 4th 

64 + days down another 132 days going by the estimate, if nothing else its teaching me patience.

Anyone got any good news ?

We are in Nebraska too. Nothing to do, except to wait with patience and prepare all the papers in advance. For instance, I need a certificate of being in the army, this certificate takes at least 3 months in Spain, so I make it OK by advancing paperwork...

That's the only thing we can do.

Good Luck to all

LIFE

USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cadizfornia said:

We are in Nebraska too. Nothing to do, except to wait with patience and prepare all the papers in advance. For instance, I need a certificate of being in the army, this certificate takes at least 3 months in Spain, so I make it OK by advancing paperwork...

That's the only thing we can do.

Good Luck to all

I can't help but think that those dates are utter BS

Maybe I just speak for myself, but the dates for all the I-130 petitions at the Texas Service center make no sense... as they are the same for spouses, parents, children and siblings! We all know that the latter takes several years to process !

Also, when I look at the Texas timelines, pretty much everyone up until late November has been approved So I really don't see the point of those updates as they obviously do not reflect reality !

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Pat&Vince said:

I can't help but think that those dates are utter BS

Maybe I just speak for myself, but the dates for all the I-130 petitions at the Texas Service center make no sense... as they are the same for spouses, parents, children and siblings! We all know that the latter takes several years to process !

Also, when I look at the Texas timelines, pretty much everyone up until late November has been approved So I really don't see the point of those updates as they obviously do not reflect reality !

Exactly!. I think that service is actually maintained by the "intern of the month", and is provided like a kind of "Applicants's Amusement Service for the Long Waiting (AASLW)", or something like that. Even I think that the different colours at that chart reflects the mood of the cited intern depending on the week day, and has nothing to do with family categories.

LIFE

USCIS

40 minutes ago, Cadizfornia said:

Exactly!. I think that service is actually maintained by the "intern of the month", and is provided like a kind of "Applicants's Amusement Service for the Long Waiting (AASLW)", or something like that. Even I think that the different colours at that chart reflects the mood of the cited intern depending on the week day, and has nothing to do with family categories.

You couldn't have said it any better...?

3 hours ago, Kevin and Belda said:

Processing time on uscis is updated 

Thank you! Here I was waiting for the 15th to hit and see some changes. Well it looks like they have already caught on their backlog, at least for the Potomac. I have yet to see cases from December being approved, I hope next month shows that they have speed up their time frames for all service centers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.