AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Joanne & Carlos said:

Ugh I'm sorry, that really sucks. Are you two living together or apart? 

Luckily, we're all together (me, wife, daughter) - I can't imagine being separated from my daughter this long. Although she has US citizenship, it seems inhumane to keep her away from her mother all this time. So, we're in Ireland where there are hardly any jobs which means continual financial struggle, but at least we're together. It's pretty sickening (although I'm happy for them of course) seeing all of these people finished with the entire process when others who applied at the same time are still waiting for the first part to be completed. There are some serious process management issues at USCIS.

31 minutes ago, Pat&Vince said:

Told ya!

Welcome to the golden circle of the approved ones  ;-)

yaaaaaay! thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yeonin said:

it's a wrap! waited  45 minutes  for a 5 minutes interview. 💃💃💃💃

after visiting this forum over 100 times in the past 12 months, I had to sign up so I can say congrats. Reading your comments and Pat & Vince really helped me keep sane through this process.  Thank you and congrats again!

29 minutes ago, Iloveyoo said:

after visiting this forum over 100 times in the past 12 months, I had to sign up so I can say congrats. Reading your comments and Pat & Vince really helped me keep sane through this process.  Thank you and congrats again!

Thank you, i'm happy we were able to keep you grounded and i believe we will continue to show support one way or the other. Keep us posted on your journey! sending you love & light!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Yeonin said:

Congrats!!! 

Wishing you all the best ahead.

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Yeonin said:

Congrats to you:jest:

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My interview has been scheduled for January 5th 2018.

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

10 minutes ago, Longingfor said:

Congrats to you:jest:

thank you!

9 minutes ago, Longingfor said:

My interview has been scheduled for January 5th 2018.

So happy for you! good luck! 

@Yeonin thanks for the replies. I have some more questions regarding I-130 Petition. Can you please also answer the following to clarify the situation.

My physical address has been changed and I want to inform the USCIS for this change. can you please tell me how to update my physical address while living outside the USA as online address change form only allows the change of address in USA and as you know currently I am living in UAE with my husband.  

We also did not receive official receipt notice through regular mail but I have receipt number, received through e-mail. I have also tried calling to USCIS for this but they told me that my case is in processing. Is this anything to worry or every thing is fine???
Please guide me

18 hours ago, Yeonin said:

Oh wow! Congratulations!!!! Good vibes yey!!

8 hours ago, samreen_180 said:

@Yeonin thanks for the replies. I have some more questions regarding I-130 Petition. Can you please also answer the following to clarify the situation.

My physical address has been changed and I want to inform the USCIS for this change. can you please tell me how to update my physical address while living outside the USA as online address change form only allows the change of address in USA and as you know currently I am living in UAE with my husband.  

We also did not receive official receipt notice through regular mail but I have receipt number, received through e-mail. I have also tried calling to USCIS for this but they told me that my case is in processing. Is this anything to worry or every thing is fine???
Please guide me

i believe you have to do it using this form https://www.uscis.gov/i-865 for changing your address. Did you create an online case profile on the uscis website to track your case? Well if you have it received through email that also counts as a confirmation. They can only tell you that your case is in processing, they're not allowed to tell you anything else unless you're case has been approved. But i know of people that have filed in Jnauary that are still waiting for approval. 

8 hours ago, Nattie_Bry said:

Oh wow! Congratulations!!!! Good vibes yey!!

Thank you! 

Timeline

Becoming "Documentarily Qualified" is going case complete right?  

Anybody know how long it takes generally to go from "Documentarily Qualified" to getting an interview date?

Exactly a month ago we got a message saying that we are "Documentarily Qualified" over the CEAC portal.  At the exact same time, we got another message that said it wanted us to submit additional tax returns.  There was no place to submit additional documents through the online portal, so I called the NVC. They said the second message was simply saying we needed to bring the tax returns to the interview.  I called two different NVC reps who said the same thing...Anybody else experience this?  I'm getting paranoid that they are wrong and that the consulate is waiting for those tax returns and won't give us an appointment date!  It's silly, but we've been waiting so long the last thing I want is more delays because I was told the wrong information.  Everything in the CEAC portal says accepted and looks like it's happy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/12/2017 at 10:10 AM, manseca said:

Luckily, we're all together (me, wife, daughter) - I can't imagine being separated from my daughter this long. Although she has US citizenship, it seems inhumane to keep her away from her mother all this time. So, we're in Ireland where there are hardly any jobs which means continual financial struggle, but at least we're together. It's pretty sickening (although I'm happy for them of course) seeing all of these people finished with the entire process when others who applied at the same time are still waiting for the first part to be completed. There are some serious process management issues at USCIS.

Oh my husband and I are already well aware of that as our Noa 1 was Jan 3rd and we still haven't heard anything. Also my husband is in Florida and I am in Canada which makes it that much harder when we only see eachother every 6-7 months. I hope you get an approval soon as it is awful waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.