AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Yeonin said:

Yes the letter gets send to the petioner's address, I would suggest to ask a  familymember/friend to check his mailbox at home. Well it's been only 21 days since we've filed and the estimation time for adjudication is in may, so I'm also playing the waiting game lol. In the meantime you could start preparing the affidavit of support. Msheppburn has a good guideline I think a few pages back on this topic. 

Our wait starts today! Got email and says its TSC!! Thanks for your tips, will start preparing for AOS!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 2/20/2017 at 5:00 PM, Yeonin said:

I am wondering if I were to get pregnant during my pending visa proces how would that effect my visa, would we have to apply for a visa for the baby if he/she was born before the visa is issued? 

Pretty sure it would not affect your visa process... if the baby was born prior to entry in the US, you would add them to your application when do you adjustment of status (AOS) at NVC. Someone else on VJ might have more specific knowledge on this, this is just my sense of it. Also, just so you know, the USC can always make what's called an InfoPass appointment with a local USCIS office and ask questions such as this one. An actual government agent will provide you with an answer.

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

5 hours ago, Nattie_Bry said:

Our wait starts today! Got email and says its TSC!! Thanks for your tips, will start preparing for AOS!

Yaaaayyyyyy! Good luck!

6 hours ago, Scajer25 said:

Looks like they updated. This still can't be right. Right? We got Texas and I'm reading it's like a 5 month wait or is it more? This is stressing me out!

Screenshot_20170221-151846.png

They've just set it back to the last update of January 2017 and I don't think it's the actual status.

5 hours ago, misshepburn said:

Pretty sure it would not affect your visa process... if the baby was born prior to entry in the US, you would add them to your application when do you adjustment of status (AOS) at NVC. Someone else on VJ might have more specific knowledge on this, this is just my sense of it. Also, just so you know, the USC can always make what's called an InfoPass appointment with a local USCIS office and ask questions such as this one. An actual government agent will provide you with an answer.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Scajer25 said:

Do the cases that get transfered to a new service center push back the processing time for the ones already there? 

It's USCIS we're  dealing with and all this time No one has really figured out the pattern as of yet, I'm pretty sure they need to get the backlog fixed somehow

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 2017-02-20 at 6:49 PM, misshepburn said:

So I know everyone is anxious to get a handle on how long you may be waiting at a USCIS service center -- their website (especially right now) is rubbish... I would not go by those "official" dates. In my experience its poorly maintained and that is compounded by the fact that right now they are re-balancing work load and sending many cases to other centers to keep them under the 6 month max processing time. The whole thing is a bit of a black box!

For reference, I am a September filer, and while I got through Texas center very fast, there are still numerous people from my month (at various centers -- Nebraska seems to be the worst) still waiting to be sent to the NVC.

I think the best way to keep track of where your center is and guesstimate where you case might be is to do 2 things. #1 is to create a timeline here on VJ (this will help make the stats more accurate/relevant for everyone) -- and then VJ will give you a personal estimate for processing relative to other users on the site.

#2 is to download the USCIS Case Tracker & Searcher app (for smartphones) by Stephen Aldous. There you can enter your USCIS case number and see what stage you're case is officially at - you can also use the tracker to look at previous cases filed and see where they are in the system as well... people in my group have been using this to more accurately predict what month service centers are actually processing. Its not an exact science, but it can help. If anything, it makes you feel a little more in control of the situation! :) 

They received our case January  31 and I received an email February 3 with an case number. I haven't received my hardcopy in the mail. I am in Sweden but how long can it take? They cashed the check so it seems ok so far. Is it a good or a bad sign that the mail is taking time?

3 minutes ago, Bikerbride said:

They received our case January  31 and I received an email February 3 with an case number. I haven't received my hardcopy in the mail. I am in Sweden but how long can it take? They cashed the check so it seems ok so far. Is it a good or a bad sign that the mail is taking time?

Can take up to 10 working days to receive the letter, Ifor you haven't received anything before March 2nd you can call them is what my letter said. I hope this helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 2/23/2017 at 5:01 AM, Bikerbride said:

Its not a big deal... the check cashing is an excellent sign and you have your case number. You don't really need the hard copy for anything. There were a few people who were both living outside the US in my group who never go theirs or it came like 3 months later :lol:

On 2/23/2017 at 5:05 AM, Yeonin said:

Can take up to 10 working days to receive the letter, Ifor you haven't received anything before March 2nd you can call them is what my letter said. I hope this helps.

Correct, yeonin!

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, misshepburn said:

Its not a big deal... the check cashing is an excellent sign and you have your case number. You don't really need the hard copy for anything. There were a few people who were both living outside the US in my group who never go theirs or it came like 3 months later :lol:

Correct, yeonin!

That sounds reassuring. I just need to relax and wait I guess. 

This process is a-lot of waiting in between.

What you need to do is look towards the next step and prepare yourself as much as possible. You don't wanna be caught off guard and not prepared it takes more time

Met 6/21/15 Online

Married since February 29th 2016 In the Netherlands (Where she is from)

6/12/16 - Preparing to send packet to USCIS

6/27/16 - Sent Package to Chicago lock-box via UPS

7/5/16 - NOA1 Text/Email / sent to Potomac (Hardcopy 7/10/16)

8/3/16 - NOA 2 I-130 Approved! Case sent to NVC! (Hardcopy 8/6/16)

8/19/16 to 9/4/16 - Visited wife for two weeks in NL. =}

9/1/16 - NVC Case and invoice # received. (Email) Finished DS260 and Paid AOS Fee.

9/8/16 - IV Fee Paid!

9/16/16 - DS260 Finished!

9/27/16 - Sent Documents to NVC.

11/21/16 - Called NVC. Case reviewed and accepted on 11/18. Waiting for email/mail.

11/28/16 - Got Email stating we are now waiting for an interview spot!

12/11/16 - Got the interview date! 1/12/17!

1/12/17 - ...ACCEPTED SHE IS NOW WAITING FOR HER PASSPORT IN THE MAIL! =]

1/18/17 - Passport and visa in her hands! We now wait till 2/24 for her to fly to me! (Has to finish work contract)

2/24/17 - She is now here with me! POE was simple,she only took 10 minutes with them checking her visa! "Welcome to America,missus"

3/15/17 - SSN Card Received.

4/10/17 - Greencard Received.

Preparing I-751 (ROC)

11/26/18 - I-751 Prepared and mailed out.

11/27/18 - UPS Confirmed Delivery at 10:30AM

12/3/18 - Checks cashed and got Email/Text With Receipt #

01/3/19 - Extension letter received.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

So I made it to California last night without a glitch! 

Well... there was a glitch, but it was weather related and I missed my connection in Amsterdam, got rerouted through Detroit and arrived in San Francisco 10 hours late.

Looooooong day! of travelling, but seeing the bright smile on my babe's face washed away all the travelling stress!

I was nervous about clearing immigration, wasn't sure if the I-130 would come up. So I had a copy of our NOA1, marriage certificate, and a whole bunch of documents (utility bills, mortgage, bank statements) in case I needed to explain myself.

Turns out the ESTA section at DTW arrivals is automated (like in Chicago or Boston), you scan you own passport, answer a couple questions, get a ticket and then proceed to a CPB agent. They were friendly and expediting everyone pretty fast, stamped my passport just asking the standard questions : purpose, how long, enjoy your stay... thank you very much *WHEEEEWWWW* I'm in :-)

It feels so awesome to be here, and tomorrow is my husband's birthday, i'm feeing good <3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

So I made it to California last night without a glitch! 

Well... there was a glitch, but it was weather related and I missed my connection in Amsterdam, got rerouted through Detroit and arrived in San Francisco 10 hours late.

Looooooong day! of travelling, but seeing the bright smile on my babe's face washed away all the travelling stress!

I was nervous about clearing immigration, wasn't sure if the I-130 would come up. So I had a copy of our NOA1, marriage certificate, and a whole bunch of documents (utility bills, mortgage, bank statements) in case I needed to explain myself.

Turns out the ESTA section at DTW arrivals is automated (like in Chicago or Boston), you scan you own passport, answer a couple questions, get a ticket and then proceed to a CPB agent. They were friendly and expediting everyone pretty fast, stamped my passport just asking the standard questions : purpose, how long, enjoy your stay... thank you very much *WHEEEEWWWW* I'm in :-)

It feels so awesome to be here, and tomorrow is my husband's birthday, i'm feeing good <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.