AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

So, patience is a virtue!

While we were anxiously waiting for an e-notice (that we never got), my gorgeous husband has received the NOA1 hard copy this monday, YAY!

Priority date : 01-31 

date of notice : 03-02

And the great GREAT news now : TEXAS Service center baby  :-)

Happy Valentine's everyone!

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Yeonin said:

Very exciting Pat&Vince we have the same priority date! Good luck & happy vday as well.

Thanks Yeonin !

Happy lover's day to you too ;-)

9 hours ago, MLK2016 said:

I am very happy and surprised I received the NOA-2 today in the mail that my documents are now being sent to NVC.   :)   Excellent time - 1-130 Petition was received 1/16/17 and approved 2/9/17.  This is a great Valentine's gift and especially good because I am visiting my spouse overseas on Friday.  We are both excited.

Wow!! Congratulations!!!

Hi everyone! Well since we're all awaiting the next stages of our petitions and since I'm kinda a bit too nervous and like to be ahead of things...I have one question I hope someone can clarify for me. If my wife files her taxes for last year, can that be used as evidence of the most recent tax year? Whej submitting tye affidavit of support.Thanks!

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Yeonin said:

Hi everyone! Well since we're all awaiting the next stages of our petitions and since I'm kinda a bit too nervous and like to be ahead of things...I have one question I hope someone can clarify for me. If my wife files her taxes for last year, can that be used as evidence of the most recent tax year? Whej submitting tye affidavit of support.Thanks!

I believe it's a yes?

The affidavits of support contains the tax returns of the three previous years. Since, according to your timeline, you got married in 2016, and taxes are due in April of the following year, your wife should be able to have her tax return filed as "married".

However the affidavits is more an administrative evidence that your spouse earns enough to support both of you, should you not be working in the (near) future.

And yes, I'm just like you... thinking and worrying ahead!

Also, it's nice to see that Vince and I aren't the only same sex couple in the January filers  ;-)

Let's shine a little rainbow!

1 hour ago, Pat&Vince said:

I believe it's a yes?

The affidavits of support contains the tax returns of the three previous years. Since, according to your timeline, you got married in 2016, and taxes are due in April of the following year, your wife should be able to have her tax return filed as "married".

However the affidavits is more an administrative evidence that your spouse earns enough to support both of you, should you not be working in the (near) future.

And yes, I'm just like you... thinking and worrying ahead!

Also, it's nice to see that Vince and I aren't the only same sex couple in the January filers  ;-)

Let's shine a little rainbow!

The world just wouldn't be any fun without all those fun colors of the rainbow! 

My wife is an independent contractor and works as a safety manager on construction sites, so we'll be more than comfortable financially, but there's been a couple of months during the past years that she's been without work. Well I guess she'll have to file for 2016 and we can submit the transcripts as evidence. Thank you!!!! Where is your special guy immigrating from? 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Yeonin said:

The world just wouldn't be any fun without all those fun colors of the rainbow! 

My wife is an independent contractor and works as a safety manager on construction sites, so we'll be more than comfortable financially, but there's been a couple of months during the past years that she's been without work. Well I guess she'll have to file for 2016 and we can submit the transcripts as evidence. Thank you!!!! Where is your special guy immigrating from? 

I'm the one immigrating (Pat) from sunny Belgium (LOL) to San Francisco California ;-) 

Safety Manager? Interesting and pretty cool... I am myself an architect, so pretty familiar with construction sites!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed to find a cool and well-paid job after I've moved in with my gorgeous husband :-)  He works for a tech company in the silicon valley, over there.

12 minutes ago, Pat&Vince said:

I'm the one immigrating (Pat) from sunny Belgium (LOL) to San Francisco California ;-) 

Safety Manager? Interesting and pretty cool... I am myself an architect, so pretty familiar with construction sites!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed to find a cool and well-paid job after I've moved in with my gorgeous husband :-)  He works for a tech company in the silicon valley, over there.

Oooh nice! We're neighbors!

The first time I heard of the sillicone Valley I naturally thought of something else,lol so bad! I'm thinking I couldn't be the housewife, eventhough I need a break from the crazy legal corporate world I work in. I'm sure you'll fine a fitting job and being with your love makes everything fun naturally!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, Yeonin said:

Hi Yeonin!

Never too early to be getting things prepared :) The timing for your petition is a little trickier than some -- as you probably know, US taxes are due each April, specifically, April 18th this year. According to NVC rules you must submit the most recent tax year (or the previous 3 tax years)... which currently are 2015, 2014, 2013 (since April hasn't passed yet). So if you were at NVC right now, you'd want to submit the 2015, 2014, 2013 tax transcripts and evidence that your wife has a job currently and what she earns there (with several months worth of recent pay stubs or bank statements).

NOW... where it gets tricky is that you may not be through/adjudicated at NVC before the April 2017 tax deadline for 2016, in which case, they'd want to receive those too. I do not have personal experience with this, but I would assume that if they didn't get around to looking at your case until after the April tax deadline and if you didn't have 2016 there - you would likely get a checklist. Can your wife file early? That way you can submit the 2016 return with the initial package to NVC. She definitely needs to file as married...

good luck!!!

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

2 hours ago, misshepburn said:

Hi Yeonin!

Never too early to be getting things prepared :) The timing for your petition is a little trickier than some -- as you probably know, US taxes are due each April, specifically, April 18th this year. According to NVC rules you must submit the most recent tax year (or the previous 3 tax years)... which currently are 2015, 2014, 2013 (since April hasn't passed yet). So if you were at NVC right now, you'd want to submit the 2015, 2014, 2013 tax transcripts and evidence that your wife has a job currently and what she earns there (with several months worth of recent pay stubs or bank statements).

NOW... where it gets tricky is that you may not be through/adjudicated at NVC before the April 2017 tax deadline for 2016, in which case, they'd want to receive those too. I do not have personal experience with this, but I would assume that if they didn't get around to looking at your case until after the April tax deadline and if you didn't have 2016 there - you would likely get a checklist. Can your wife file early? That way you can submit the 2016 return with the initial package to NVC. She definitely needs to file as married...

good luck!!!

Hi misshepburn,

Thank for the clarification, indeed it looks like my case might be adjudicated in may, so I'll be prepared to send evidence of 2016/2017 as well. My wife is an independent contractor, I will have to ask if she can file already. Things are much clearer here in the Netherlands when it comes to filing taxes. I rather she files for 2016 as well, just to be on the safe side.

Have a good one!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, Yeonin said:

Hi misshepburn,

Thank for the clarification, indeed it looks like my case might be adjudicated in may, so I'll be prepared to send evidence of 2016/2017 as well. My wife is an independent contractor, I will have to ask if she can file already. Things are much clearer here in the Netherlands when it comes to filing taxes. I rather she files for 2016 as well, just to be on the safe side.

Have a good one!

thanks! :)

yep, my advice is to see if she can file her 2016 now, then submit her 2016 return with your package from the beginning. That way you won't wait for weeks, get a checklist, and have to wait for even longer. What USCIS service center do you have?

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

59 minutes ago, misshepburn said:

thanks! :)

yep, my advice is to see if she can file her 2016 now, then submit her 2016 return with your package from the beginning. That way you won't wait for weeks, get a checklist, and have to wait for even longer. What USCIS service center do you have?

We will definitely follow up on your advice. We were sent to Potomac Service Center. I've always been the level headed kind but this entire process has taken over my sleep lol, weird dreams since we filed.  ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.