Eric-Pris

Celebrity political opinions

102 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Out of touch Celebrities shilling for Hillary are part of the reason Trump got elected.  People like her are using to everyone groveling at their feet and sucking the oxygen out of a room when they enter it . When someone actually stands up to them, they can't handle it.

Thank god we have tweet and facebook, so Great men like Trump can bypass the lame stream biased media .

I did some research, This actress appears to be Butt Hurt over Hillary loosing. Now it appears she was  a big Hillary supporter.

Just another melting snowflake. 

Just now, MarkPerry said:

I did some research, This actress appears to be Butt Hurt over Hillary loosing. Now it appears she was  a big Hillary supporter.

Just another melting snowflake. 

she didn't mention hillary at all. and her support of hillary didn't just 'appear'. duh. 

she criticized trump's mocking of a disabled person, for the shameful display that it was. 

Just now, smilesammich said:

she didn't mention hillary at all. and her support of hillary didn't just 'appear'. duh. 

she criticized trump's mocking of a disabled person, for the shameful display that it was. 

You are right and make a very valid point 

Just now, MarkPerry said:

OH REALLLLLLLYYYYY

IN THE SPEECH LAST NIGHT, GENIUS.

Here we go again... Trump supporters versus Hillary supporters, part 155.

The point of the thread was to get opinions on whether "celebrities" should comment about politics, or whatever else is in the news like "Black Lives Matter", at an awards show or sporting event.

1 minute ago, Eric-Pris said:

Here we go again... Trump supporters versus Hillary supporters, part 155.

The point of the thread was to get opinions on whether "celebrities" should comment about politics, or whatever else is in the news like "Black Lives Matter", at an awards show or sporting event.

I agree with you. My answer is No they should not

i didn't realize we were still discussing the validity of the first amendment.

imo, anyone who doesn't agree with celebrities giving their opinions in public is jealous that those celebrities have a platform with which to share their opinions with a large audience. or simply can't stand other people having opinions and voicing them. 

if streep had given the opinion that everyone should just give trump a chance, how many trump supporters would be going on about how celebrities/athletes shouldn't publicly share their views. i don't think some of you notice that you only go on about stuff like this when the celebrity/athlete supports an opinion/cause that you find offensive.

29 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

Which would be fine if he had done that. But, he didn't. Did not.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

14 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

imo, anyone who doesn't agree with celebrities giving their opinions in public is jealous that those celebrities have a platform with which to share their opinions with a large audience. or simply can't stand other people having opinions and voicing them. 

if streep had given the opinion that everyone should just give trump a chance, how many trump supporters would be going on about how celebrities/athletes shouldn't publicly share their views. i don't think some of you notice that you only go on about stuff like this when the celebrity/athlete supports an opinion/cause that you find offensive.

If you don't know anything about actors, musicians and other performers using awards shows as opportunities to speak about their political and social beliefs since at least the 1970s, I can't help you. Sorry. 

(Psssst: the awards shows love it. It gets ratings and coverage because "snowflakes" loooooooove to get offended about performers taking political stances.)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

24 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

You are right. I doubt we would have cared 

5 minutes ago, elmcitymaven said:

If you don't know anything about actors, musicians and other performers using awards shows as opportunities to speak about their political and social beliefs since at least the 1970s, I can't help you. Sorry. 

(Psssst: the awards shows love it. It gets ratings and coverage because "snowflakes" loooooooove to get offended about performers taking political stances.)

agree. I remember back in the day , someone I forget who gave a shout out to the Palestinians  or some similar group. It was big do . It may have been one of the Redgraves 

15 minutes ago, cdneh said:

Which would be fine if he had done that. But, he didn't. Did not.

gobbling up the trump spin, are we? he did. i saw it. (hint; everyone can see it)

3 hours ago, Eric-Pris said:

Was anybody annoyed about Merryl Streep's political comments on the Golden Globe Awards last night?

Personally, I have no problem with people having political opinions, but there's a time and place and an awards show is not the place.

No I was not annoyed by it. We all have the right to free speech and there's no law dictating the time and place of where she may speak her mind.

2 hours ago, cdneh said:

I agree. She went there to accept an award, for acting, which is the reciting of words other people have written. Her 'celebrity status' doesn't give her any degree of political acumen in the least. And really, what did her little turn in front of the mike actually achieve? I mean other than making her the darling of elitist Hollywood. She also disrespected her industry and the viewing public by using the Golden Globe Awards' ceremony to share her 'opinion',  as if what she had to say was so urgent and momentous, that America ought to fall at her feet and straighten up and fly right. The hipocracy of some of what she said beggars belief.

Does anyone on this forum right now have any degree of political acumen? Yet they use free speech (within the confines of the TOS usually when they aren't being naughty) to speak their minds right now, including this very thread in front of the public. Her opinion doesn't matter to you and that's fine. I'm sure it doesn't matter to a lot of people. If you don't like it, don't watch her films. Actors historically use their acceptance speech platforms to say things. These can often be pretentious or really passionate on subjects you might not care about. Tom Hiddleston, wandered onto stage last night and nervously began to talk about something he's passionate about (the plight of children suffering in Sudan) and how it related to the production he won for, which was discussing arms dealing in these and other countries. And he briefly touched upon the plight of the good humanitarian workers over there and was happy he could provide them with a few hours of entertainment out of the mind-numbing death and destruction they witness daily. He rambled admittedly as usually happens at the Globes when celebrities drink and stumble on stage and have to say something on the spot. Some of the even more pretentious celebrity faces last night nearly rolled their eyes at him, while on social media a bunch of idiots got their panties in a twist over why an actor would be concerned over the plight of the Sudanese, and blah blah blah. This event ran in tandem with Meryl's comments last night. But she's using her free speech the way she wants to, and if that troubles you or Trump, then I suggest simply stop watching her films. Least of all Trump should actually be spending his time concerned about what actual ''important'' people say about him rather than a supposedly unimportant actor. It goes to show how very shallow and thin-skinned he is. If this is how a president should behave, by whining like emo teen on twitter every time someone speaks in a negative, let us hope that this presidency teaches such a little boy to grow up to be an actual adult... or god help us all.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Firstly it was Merryl Streeps speech, so she had every right to say what she wanted. Trump mocking a disabled reporter, video easily available, was beyond disgusting and his attempts to claim that he wasn't are so lame it is beyond comprehension that he even tried.

Second his immediate Twitter flame is part and parcel of why Donald Trump is completely unfit for the Office of President. Talk about a melting snowflake that can't stand the heat of anything short of God-like reverance! Totally took the bait and proudly showed the hook had barbs and his little bully feelings got hurt. No manly defense offered, just a little snowflake wah wah tweet.

Now for the nuance, I personally don't think Merryl Streep is a great actress, she has never been in a movie where she didn't seem like an actress woodenly playing a role. I know that she is beloved, but I just don't see it.

It appears that this thread is revealing that both Donald Trump and his supporter's are fragile melting snowflakes

who can't take criticism, but I'm sure Ms. Streep won't let my criticism of her acting ruin her day.

imagesL0RB9PU5.jpg

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS