MarkPerry

Fiat Chrysler announces $1 billion investment in U.S. manufacturing, 2,000 new jobs

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Trump Effect?

Fiat Chrysler said Sunday it would spend $1 billion on U.S. manufacturing, including modernizing plants in Michigan and Ohio, in a move that’s set to add 2,000 new jobs, Reuters reported.

According to the company’s plan, the plant in Warren, Michigan will be made capable of producing a pickup truck currently built in Mexico. 

The Warren plant will make the new Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer large SUVs. A plant in Toledo, Ohio also will get new equipment to make a new Jeep pickup.

The move by Fiat Chrysler follows a similar recent announcement made by a competing auto brand.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/08/fiat-chrysler-announces-1-billion-investment-in-u-s-manufacturing-2000-new-jobs.html

The corporation Obama helped save with the stimulus Trumps worshippers have consistently claimed was a bad thing? Survival of the fittest and all that nonsense?

images6C54NF71.jpg

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, MarkPerry said:

Trump Effect?

Fiat Chrysler said Sunday it would spend $1 billion on U.S. manufacturing, including modernizing plants in Michigan and Ohio, in a move that’s set to add 2,000 new jobs, Reuters reported.

According to the company’s plan, the plant in Warren, Michigan will be made capable of producing a pickup truck currently built in Mexico. 

The Warren plant will make the new Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer large SUVs. A plant in Toledo, Ohio also will get new equipment to make a new Jeep pickup.

The move by Fiat Chrysler follows a similar recent announcement made by a competing auto brand.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/08/fiat-chrysler-announces-1-billion-investment-in-u-s-manufacturing-2000-new-jobs.html

He is not even president yet….and he is already living up to the claim that he will be the greatest jobs president ever! MAGA

47 minutes ago, ready4ONE said:

The corporation Obama helped save with the stimulus Trumps worshippers have consistently claimed was a bad thing? Survival of the fittest and all that nonsense?

images6C54NF71.jpg

Actually Obama did not save them, the Taxpayers did and the burden will be carried on to many future generations of taxpayers.  Not sure what your point was. You ran out of anything that credible to bash Trump on several weeks ago 

1 hour ago, ready4ONE said:

images6C54NF71.jpg

The stimulus didn't create very many jobs and was a horrible idea. The ones that were created cost hundreds of thousands of dollars each and most of them were overseas. Trump is bringing jobs back without spending any taxpayer money and without even being president yet. Trump already has a better record for creating jobs as president elect than Obama does and Obama had 8 years. The snowflakes are grasping at straws.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

2 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Actually Obama did not save them, the Taxpayers did and the burden will be carried on to many future generations of taxpayers.  Not sure what your point was. You ran out of anything that credible to bash Trump on several weeks ago 

Yes, I understand where Federal money comes from, everyone but Donald Trump.

images1FKS0G2N.jpg

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

2 hours ago, jg121783 said:

The stimulus didn't create very many jobs and was a horrible idea. The ones that were created cost hundreds of thousands of dollars each and most of them were overseas. Trump is bringing jobs back without spending any taxpayer money and without even being president yet. Trump already has a better record for creating jobs as president elect than Obama does and Obama had 8 years. The snowflakes are grasping at straws.

Really? Weak attempts to claim all good things come from Donald Trump is some pretty weak sauce, but no doubt I expect nothing less than such facetious nonsense until Trump is out of the Oval Office.

Bow down before God-King Trump if you want, freedom of religion and all that gives you the right.

images (4).jpg

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

I never said Trump is perfect. I have some issues with him. However he has done a lot more to bring jobs back already than Obama did in 8 years and he isn't even president yet.

31 minutes ago, ready4ONE said:

Yes, I understand where Federal money comes from, everyone but Donald Trump.

images1FKS0G2N.jpg

And all of his competitors who used the same tax laws to their advantage. What is Trump supposed to do? Send a check to the government out of the kindnesses of his heart even though the law says he doesn't owe anything and give his competition an advantage over him? Would you send the government a check if the law said you didn't have to? Didn't think so.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
4 hours ago, ready4ONE said:

images6C54NF71.jpg

I'm a huge jeep fan but I would not shed a tear to see Chrysler go. I do believe that if you cannot compete in the marketplace it's not the government's job to pick winners and losers and you should move aside and make room for somebody else to come in and take your place.

Anyhow, it's important to remember that as good as a few thousand jobs are to those employed and their family, it is truly a drop in the ocean compared to the ordinary turnover of the labor force. In 2016 there were 5.2 million jobs created in an avg month, with an avg of 5 million job separations, for a net increase in payrolls averaging 200k. So 10k is nice but nowhere near 5.2 million.

Edited by OriZ
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

2 hours ago, OriZ said:

I'm a huge jeep fan but I would not shed a tear to see Chrysler go. I do believe that if you cannot compete in the marketplace it's not the government's job to pick winners and losers and you should move aside and make room for somebody else to come in and take your place.

I agree and say let the companies move around in the USA.  We can't compete with countries who have very little government regulation, pay their works like $1 per day.   We as a country need to protect our citizens and our workforce in the USA. 

6 hours ago, eieio said:

He is not even president yet….and he is already living up to the claim that he will be the greatest jobs president ever! MAGA

He is moving right along with his agenda.  Good times are in our future again.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
44 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

He is moving right along with his agenda.  Good times are in our future again.

The irony is this plant will be completed in 2020. What are the chances Trump will even be around then? Slim and none?

QCjgyJZ.jpg

20 minutes ago, Dakine10 said:

The irony is this plant will be completed in 2020. What are the chances Trump will even be around then? Slim and none?

If he decides to run will be the question.  From recent history it appears as if most Presidents are doing 2 terms.