arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Maybe they are working from home... Fat chance

Is that a good one? If they work from home?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, EDurevic said:

No sweetie, because they got our information. Like ssn and everything they need. Basically our documents are out there for anyone to see it.

That's sad!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, EDurevic said:

Thank you, I will write an email also and Include those screenshot of cases that have been approved most likely because of connections. 

You are so awesome. Your spirit and not wanting to give up really motivates me to write all these letters. I love how you are so truthful and are not afraid to tell it like it is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 minutes ago, acidrain said:

This is what I just fired off and sent via email to the above address (I already got the auto reply back):

I am writing on behalf of the thousands and potentially tens of thousands of applicants who are waiting for their i130 to be processed at the Nebraska Service Center. My US citizen spouse applied for me and my 4 year old son (who has citizenship rights) with a NOA1 date of Feb 8, 2017. It has been nearly 8 months since we have waited for our i130 to be approved. 

I am a member of the Visa Journey website that is dedicated to intending immigrants such as myself. Me along with hundreds of others continue to watch as applications at the Potomac, Texas and Vermont Service center are approved months before people who are stuck at Nebraska. I have sent emails directly to Donald Neufeld – Associate Director of Service Operations along with James McCament – Acting Director to USCIS with no response.  

After researching similar situations I have never been able to find ANY service center in the history of USCIS averaging more than 9 months to complete an i130 for a spouse or child. Currently, the NSC is not finished processing applications from December. The new normal for spouses or children who are waiting at the NSC currently stands at 10 months. This will translate into spouses and children being separated from their families for well past the CR1/IR1 1 year norm. 

There is absolutely no indication this service center is doing anything to correct the problem such as transfer files or speed up the process. In the past three months alone applications have come to a standstill. Potomac and Vermont appear to be almost 3 months ahead of Nebraska while Texas is approximately 2 ½ months ahead. Why is the workload distribution not being properly shared? 

It is completely unfair for USCIS to allow applications to be processed in 5 months at the Potomac Service Center and 10 months at Nebraska. The difference of 5 months for my family will cost approximately $15,000-$20,000 more in expenses. This extra time has been unbearable for not only myself and my child but for other couples who are forced to do nothing but wait.  

I please ask the Office of the Ombudsman to look into why the Nebraska office is so backlogged and what they intend on doing about it. Is this a lack of oversight by USCIS or is this politically motivated by the Trump administration?  

My lawyer along with many others have called the Nebraska service center to merely ask what is being done to correct the problem. It is a normal experience to have a worker from the Nebraska Service center terminate the call before providing an explanation. 

Your assistance would not only help our family but tens of thousands of applicants who are experiencing hardship at the Nebraska Service Center. 

Thank you for your time. 

Excellen

Timeline
7 minutes ago, EDurevic said:

Thank you, I will write an email also and Include those screenshot of cases that have been approved most likely because of connections. 

Good idea. Hope and pray with all the emails they are getting that some one will take this serious and correct this horrible problem..

Timeline
7 minutes ago, acidrain said:

You are so awesome. Your spirit and not wanting to give up really motivates me to write all these letters. I love how you are so truthful and are not afraid to tell it like it is.

acidrain is awesome. She is like me. Go the extra mile and then some....

We both have emaile James, Donald and Osbudsman Organization and I sure doesn't stop there😀

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sundee said:

acidrain is awesome. She is like me. Go the extra mile and then some....

We both have emaile James, Donald and Osbudsman Organization and I sure doesn't stop there😀

Thank you for everything you have done. You are braver than me. I'll re-post all the email addresses in case others want to join in.

Edited by acidrain

Timeline

For those that want to their voices heard about the slow processing time in NSC:

1) Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
cisombudsman.publicaffairs@hq.dhs.gov

2) Donald Neufeld - Associate Director, Service Center Operations Directorate
Donald.W.Neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov
3) James McCament - Deputy Associate Director, Service Center Operations
james.w.mccament@uscis.dhs.gov
UCSIS Headquarters
111 Massachusetts Ave
Washington, DC 20529-2140

Timeline
4 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Thank you for everything you have done. You are braver than I am. I will re-post all the email addresses in case others want to join in.

Hey we are in this together and together we will keep the other going the minute we feel overwhelmed. 

Its like my mom used to say: " When the tough times flowing, the tough get going" 

That is US... The tough who have already got things going... 😀😀

Timeline
4 minutes ago, EDurevic said:

Yes we all are in this together, you guys deserve to get approve before I do and most March filers. But after you would be nice to get approved. Unless they skip most of us in March like they did November filers. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Time will tell

Heres something interesting to read:

This is annual report november 2016

FAMILY FIRST 322,788 310,884 (-3.7%) FAMILY SECOND TOTAL 756,777 700,212 (-7.5%) 2A-Spouses/Children: 276,022 276,839 (+0.3%) 2B- Adult Sons/Daughters: 480,755 423,373 (-11.9%) FAMILY THIRD 825,991 781,810 (-5.3%) FAMILY FOURTH 2,549,718 2,466,667 (-3.3%) TOTAL 4,455,274 4,259,573 (-4.4%)

There are also 4,566,021 employment applications for the same time

the 2017 report will come out in November

this does not include dv lottey and tourist applications

this is from USCIS government site

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/WaitingListItem.pdf

and this is the number of employees according to USCIS

We are the 19,000 government employees and contractors of USCIS working at 223 offices across the world. Achieving our goals becomes possible when the different elements of our organization are engaged and acting as partners working toward a common outcome. USCIS’ strategic goals 

does that help explain

this site tells how many have been approved by country and visa catergory

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/statistics/immigrant-visas/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

Timeline
43 minutes ago, EDurevic said:

Showing proof should help

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jpbm said:

I am yet to see one January approval, but i have seen February aprrovals, Does this mean that they transferred Jan cases to other service centers?

If a case is transferred the petitioner/lawyer if one should be notified.. I don't think any got transferred as that would have been the smart thing to do... 

59 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Thank you for everything you have done. You are braver than me. I'll re-post all the email addresses in case others want to join in.

I'll also join in. Enough is enough and we all need to make our voices heard! I'll also ask my husband to write emails. Ill ask him to first send in emails to senators and congressmen of texas state and if they can't do much then he'll write to others. Dear can you please kindly repost all those email address again. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.