Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
21 hours ago, Scandi said:

If I remember correctly you need to check under immigrant visa, using your STK case number. The K-1 is technically not an immigrant visa, but is treated as one by the embassy.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Got it! Mine is ready!

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

@dmeister3 @Scandi mine says ready too! But I haven't received an email or a letter with any guide or material on how to schedule an appointment?

Am I supposed to have received that after it says "ready"? Or do I still wait around for an email / letter in the mail with some documents?

Mine says the last update (to ready) was on April 30th.

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by Mlyck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Mlyck said:

@dmeister3 @Scandi mine says ready too! But I haven't received an email or a letter with any guide or material on how to schedule an appointment?

Am I supposed to have received that after it says "ready"? Or do I still wait around for an email / letter in the mail with some documents?

Mine says the last update (to ready) was on April 30th.

Thanks,

Mark

In many cases (mine too), the petitioner gets the email, not the beneficiary. And it's just an email, so can easily get lost in spam folders etc and most spam folders auto-delete the emails after a certain amount of time so make sure neither of you got it but lost it. 

I don't know if/how things differ during the pandemic, but it seems like the embassy is not just receiving cases and sitting on them, that seems to be what NVC does. So once it leaves NVC my guess is that your case gets processed by the embassy fairly quickly, or they would've left it at NVC.

If you haven't contacted the embassy regarding the email yet, it's definitely time to do so. The i-129f approval is only valid for 4 months, likely the embassy extends the validity but you should reach out and ask to be on the safe side. If they don't hear anything from you they might think you have abandoned your case.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 hours ago, Scandi said:

In many cases (mine too), the petitioner gets the email, not the beneficiary. And it's just an email, so can easily get lost in spam folders etc and most spam folders auto-delete the emails after a certain amount of time so make sure neither of you got it but lost it. 

I don't know if/how things differ during the pandemic, but it seems like the embassy is not just receiving cases and sitting on them, that seems to be what NVC does. So once it leaves NVC my guess is that your case gets processed by the embassy fairly quickly, or they would've left it at NVC.

If you haven't contacted the embassy regarding the email yet, it's definitely time to do so. The i-129f approval is only valid for 4 months, likely the embassy extends the validity but you should reach out and ask to be on the safe side. If they don't hear anything from you they might think you have abandoned your case.

Interesting! I’ve heard on the Facebook group people that had their case sent to the embassy in April are just now getting their checklists so I’m not sure that I would bank on it being a quick process unfortunately. 

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

On 9/3/2021 at 7:03 PM, dmeister3 said:

Interesting! I’ve heard on the Facebook group people that had their case sent to the embassy in April are just now getting their checklists so I’m not sure that I would bank on it being a quick process unfortunately. 

Mine was sent to the Embassy in April and we haven't gotten the checklist or any letter/email from the embassy yet :(

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, tunuki said:

Did I misunderstand? So October people for IR1 DQ'ed in November are scheduled for interviews, but I thought K-visas from April were also getting interviews? Are K visas supposed to be prioritized over IR1?

You are not misunderstanding, no.

Currently, the timeline for K visas is MUCH shorter than for marriage (CR/IR) visas.

Right now they are scheduling:

Fiancés from April/May
Spouses from October/November

Wow, did not know that. Doesn't effect me personally as I am employment based and looking grim for anytime this year anyway, but I am very surprised K-visas are getting prioritized over CR1/IR1. Maybe it is because K is technically a NIV and CR1/IR1 are IVs, they want to say that they have been issuing NIV as well as IV? Can't think of a reason tbh.

In any case I hope the removal of restrictions in Sweden from Sep 29 lets them justify more interview slots. That and the recent update that they can schedule F, M, and academic J without the need for in person interviews in some cases will help speed up the process.

Edited by tunuki

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.