Brandonfigueiredo

Evidence for 2 month girlfriend now fiance

14 posts in this topic

So I recently proposed to my girlfriend of 2 months, whom was here in the US on a visa visiting a friend. Now that shes back in her country I began to research and file for her to come here with the K-1 visa. Other than photos of the engagement ring, and photos of us, what else do I need to include to not get my case denied? I just started all my research and paperwork today, and I am extremely excited to know that my fiance could be here soon! Any help and suggestions would be a major help! Thank you! - Brandon 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Her visa and/or passport stamps to show she was in USA visiting you. Copies of her itinerary and boarding pass if she has any of them.

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Evidence of a bonafide relationship- phone bills, emails etc are good to include.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Brandonfigueiredo said:

ShanghaiSurfer, the thing is that she didn't come here for me she came to visit a friend. I met her while she was here, so would that still be needed? 

My suggestion above was on proving that you have met in person within the last two years, which is a requirement for the petition. The visa/passport stamp, boarding pass, etc. will prove she was in the USA within the last two years (two months ago in your case). Otherwise the photos could be from anytime. The reason she came to America is irrelevant for that part. Also discussing how you met on a separate page will help tie her visa USA arrival date, engagement ring, and photos together. 

Penguin_ie was giving you great suggestions on providing evidence for a bonafide relationship which you will definitely need at a later stage or now if you decide to frontload the package. There are some great guides on VJ. Encourage you to read them. 

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah you'll be fine as long as you have photos of the two of you, some receipts and board passes would be okay even if you're not the reason for her visit. What's important is you present evidence that she indeed travelled to the US.

Also make sure to keep screenshot or logs of your instant messages (google, facebook, imessage, whatsapp, etc.) or FaceTime logs too if possible!

So yeah basically everything that everyone else already mentioned.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions here and do some research on this website and on other sources if possible so you're 100% prepared.

this one should help: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1tips

Good luck again!

Bobby

K1 Fiance Visa Application

11/01/16: I-129F sent through USPS

11/08/16: NOA1 SMS confirmation received

01/30/17: NOA2 SMS confirmation received

02/14/17: NVC received and case number assigned

02/22/17: Consulate (Manila) received case

03/07/17: SLEC Medical Exam Day 1

03/08/17: SLEC Medixal Exam Day 2

03/15/17: US Consul Interview Day **APPROVED**

03/15/17: CEAC Passport/Visa Status ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW

03/16/17: CEAC Passport/Visa Status ISSUED

03/21/17: Passport received in mail

03/25/17: POE at IAD Washington, DC

05/19/17: Married in Alexandria, VA ❤️

Adjustment of Status

06/17/17: I-485, I-765, I-131 sent through USPS

06/24/17: NOA1 SMS and email notification for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

06/29/17: NOA1 I-797 for I-485, I-765 and I-131 received by mail

06/30/17: I-797C appointment notice for biometrics received by mail

07/13/17: Biometrics appointment

09/18/17: Called USCIS to expedite I-765

09/26/17: EAD/AP Status Change to New Card is Being Produced

09/29/17: EAD/AP Status Change to Card Was Mailed to Me

02/14/18: I-485 Status Change to Interview is Scheduled

02/16/18: Received interview confirmation in mail

03/22/18: INTERVIEW (PASSED!)

03/27/18: I-485 Status Change to Card Was Mailed to Me

03/30/18: Got Green Card!

Removal of Conditions

02/28/20: Sent I-751

03/03/20: NOA1 received

10/27/21: Approved after 18 months of waiting

10/29/21: Received 10 year Green Card

Naturalization

04/30/21: Filed N-400 online and received NOA1 on same day

01/06/22: Interview for Naturalization went well, APPROVED! (6 months after filing, much faster I wonder if it's because it was filed during Biden admin)

02/25/22: Oathtaking Ceremony and receipt of Certificate. Thank you so much for your help everyone! ^^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, Brandonfigueiredo said:

So I recently proposed to my girlfriend of 2 months, whom was here in the US on a visa visiting a friend. Now that shes back in her country I began to research and file for her to come here with the K-1 visa. Other than photos of the engagement ring, and photos of us, what else do I need to include to not get my case denied? I just started all my research and paperwork today, and I am extremely excited to know that my fiance could be here soon! Any help and suggestions would be a major help! Thank you! - Brandon 

Hi, just want to share my expirience. Me and my husband (used to be my fiancé) proposed to me when he went to My country . We were just 3 months dating when he proposed. I was worried also of what the petition would be since we got engage very soon.  My husband sent our pictures together, with my family, his passport stamps, picture of my engagement ring as proofs.  And the petition got approved. 

Goodluck to to your journey .everything will be fine. 

1 hour ago, Leighmhe said:

Hi, just want to share my expirience. Me and my husband (used to be my fiancé) proposed to me when he went to My country . We were just 3 months dating when he proposed. I was worried also of what the petition would be since we got engage very soon.  My husband sent our pictures together, with my family, his passport stamps, picture of my engagement ring as proofs.  And the petition got approved. 

Goodluck to to your journey .everything will be fine. 

Thank you for the feedback! This makes me very hopeful! I was concerned bc of our age and the time we have been together, but now I am very confident! Thank you so much! 

1 hour ago, Anthony and Bobby said:

Yeah you'll be fine as long as you have photos of the two of you, some receipts and board passes would be okay even if you're not the reason for her visit. What's important is you present evidence that she indeed travelled to the US.

Also make sure to keep screenshot or logs of your instant messages (google, facebook, imessage, whatsapp, etc.) or FaceTime logs too if possible!

So yeah basically everything that everyone else already mentioned.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions here and do some research on this website and on other sources if possible so you're 100% prepared.

this one should help: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1tips

Good luck again!

Bobby

Thanks so much for the feedback! I appreciate it!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I hate to be the one to bring you down but spend more time together get to know each other a bit more make sure both of you are ready to have one of you leave thier country behind and move to the us  it is a big step and should not be taken lightly.

good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Congrats!! I suggest reading and studying the guides at the top of the page before you start the process. There is a lot of great information in them and it will give you a better understanding of the process. Keep us updated!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.