dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Talumepa said:

At least your case is in transit...mine still at nvc waiting for interview. Case complete Jan 12 I called twice today and nothing yet .... I am sure you hear soon from your consulate .... Good luck 

Are you checking your status here? https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx What does it say that your current status is? I was under the impression that all cases were sent within three days of completion. Your case should already have arrived at the consulate in Colombia and your status should say "Ready." That would mean that it is ready to be scheduled for an interview which, yes, the NVC does.

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joemamma said:

Rumors, reliable sources, all hysteria right now.  I just want people to breath and analyze before acting.   We have gone from the microwave generation to the instant message react mode generation.  I know we are all on edge here with the long waits but all is ok.  Yes it stinks but all is ok....     

Exactly... The outrage is so blatantly fake, it's not even funny.  A lot of people are going off of things like this, extrapolating it to sound like they're deporting and turning back people who are green card holders, and have nothing to do with those countries and everything else under the sun... Those same people haven't even bothered to read the executive order and weren't outraged at all when this happened 6 years ago... They're outraged because they were told to be outraged and protest.  

Let's hope the house cleaning operation - with the 4 senior level staffers fired at the department of state and anyone else that joins them - the replacements will come in and clean this mess up... 

Edited by Fost04mach

This forum is here for us to support and help each other, not tell people their fears are invalid because they don't directly affect you.

NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
29 minutes ago, afortunada said:

Are you checking your status here? https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx What does it say that your current status is? I was under the impression that all cases were sent within three days of completion. Your case should already have arrived at the consulate in Colombia and your status should say "Ready." That would mean that it is ready to be scheduled for an interview which, yes, the NVC does.

I thought it changes to "Ready" only after your interview has been scheduled, meaning you're ready for an interview.  My case was complete on January 11 - it shows the 3 N/A's and status as "At NVC"

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, hmmxkrazee said:

Finally! Got our 3 N/A's this morning. Hoping for that March interview date within the next week or two.

Scan Date: 11/16

Supervisor Review: Early January

CC: 1/30

Congratulations!!!!    I'm hope my interview too :P:jest:

4 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

I thought it changes to "Ready" only after your interview has been scheduled, meaning you're ready for an interview.  My case was complete on January 11 - it shows the 3 N/A's and status as "At NVC"

Yes, I just check my status still at NVC not interview yet 

9 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

2 minutes ago, Talumepa said:

Yes, I just check my status still at NVC not interview yet 

Wait, so normally do files sit at NVC until the interview has been scheduled and THEN they are sent to the consulate? I was asking around in the "Case Complete to Interview" forum and someone else said their status changed after three days and they were a standard filer, too... Maybe it's because of the date their case completed?? Weird, okay, so things must function differently than I thought!

Timeline
1 minute ago, afortunada said:

Wait, so normally do files sit at NVC until the interview has been scheduled and THEN they are sent to the consulate? I was asking around in the "Case Complete to Interview" forum and someone else said their status changed after three days and they were a standard filer, too... Maybe it's because of the date their case completed?? Weird, okay, so things must function differently than I thought!

Yep, sounds like it.  Maybe that person got a case complete at the end of the month, then got scheduled soon after at the beginning of the next month, etc.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
28 minutes ago, afortunada said:

This forum is here for us to support and help each other, not tell people their fears are invalid because they don't directly affect you.

It's also not here to spread fear and misinformation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

I think you are right , makes sense 

Scan date: 11/28

Supervisor review: 1/10

Called today for an update and they say "It is currently under review". I asked if that meant someone was actually actively looking at it and they were very cagey and I'm pretty sure they just can't tell. It was rather awkward because I think they were confused about my question. To me when you say "Currently under review", that implies that someone is actively reviewing it. I asked since for us it is a checklist with a single page document, so if it is "currently" under review it should finish within hours since it is fairly simple. The person couldn't answer my question so I asked to speak to a supervisor. I went on hold and then she came back and said that she spoke to a supervisor, but it wasn't the one I had spoken to 3 weeks ago (when I was put on supervisor review) but that the one she spoke to will speak to the original one to find out about the delay. I then asked "Should I call again for an update from their conversation?" and again she was very confused. She said they were going to talk about my case, so I asked if I could get an update after they speak and she didn't get that I would want that. It was a fairly useless conversation. However I know now a dude named "Tod" was the supervisor today and he is going to try to speak to "Marie", my original supervisor. Ug.

I know I'm not that late (9 weeks today), but rather anxious. I just wish I could get lucky and get one of those people on the phone who say "Oh we'll just pull up your file since it's only a page waiting to be reviewed". I can't imagine what they would do that would take more than a few minutes looking over the long form birth certificate (they already have the short form). It's in english, it's an original copy from the Registrar office in the UK. Should be a slam dunk.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, bcking said:

Scan date: 11/28

Supervisor review: 1/10

Called today for an update and they say "It is currently under review". I asked if that meant someone was actually actively looking at it and they were very cagey and I'm pretty sure they just can't tell. It was rather awkward because I think they were confused about my question. To me when you say "Currently under review", that implies that someone is actively reviewing it. I asked since for us it is a checklist with a single page document, so if it is "currently" under review it should finish within hours since it is fairly simple. The person couldn't answer my question so I asked to speak to a supervisor. I went on hold and then she came back and said that she spoke to a supervisor, but it wasn't the one I had spoken to 3 weeks ago (when I was put on supervisor review) but that the one she spoke to will speak to the original one to find out about the delay. I then asked "Should I call again for an update from their conversation?" and again she was very confused. She said they were going to talk about my case, so I asked if I could get an update after they speak and she didn't get that I would want that. It was a fairly useless conversation. However I know now a dude named "Tod" was the supervisor today and he is going to try to speak to "Marie", my original supervisor. Ug.

I know I'm not that late (9 weeks today), but rather anxious. I just wish I could get lucky and get one of those people on the phone who say "Oh we'll just pull up your file since it's only a page waiting to be reviewed". I can't imagine what they would do that would take more than a few minutes looking over the long form birth certificate (they already have the short form). It's in english, it's an original copy from the Registrar office in the UK. Should be a slam dunk.

Do you think they review the entire file over again to make sure everything is there?  I hope not.  My case was complete at exactly the 10 week mark so hang in there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My case was completed 01/26. Waiting for the interview, hoping to get an interview for march. I am terrified, with all these immigration bans going on, I just want my husband to be here before anything else happens. 

12 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

Do you think they review the entire file over again to make sure everything is there?  I hope not.  My case was complete at exactly the 10 week mark so hang in there.

I don't think so. When I spoke to the Supervisor 3 weeks ago I asked if the rest of my file was completed and she looked briefly and said "Yes everything looks in order so as soon as we are able to review the birth certificate your case will be completed".

I just really think that the people on the phone can only see that it is in the department so when they say it is "under review" it is still likely collecting dust. I wonder even with a full file how long the review process actually takes (from the first time it is opened to being completed). If everything is in English does it take more than a day? What do they do other than just read through it? Do they contact foreign governments to prove that these are legit documents? Unlikely. Just not sure what they would do with the birth certificate other than look at it, maybe compare it to some "copy" that they have to show what an official UK birth certificate looks like, and then say okay.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, bcking said:

I don't think so. When I spoke to the Supervisor 3 weeks ago I asked if the rest of my file was completed and she looked briefly and said "Yes everything looks in order so as soon as we are able to review the birth certificate your case will be completed".

I just really think that the people on the phone can only see that it is in the department so when they say it is "under review" it is still likely collecting dust. I wonder even with a full file how long the review process actually takes (from the first time it is opened to being completed). If everything is in English does it take more than a day? What do they do other than just read through it? Do they contact foreign governments to prove that these are legit documents? Unlikely. Just not sure what they would do with the birth certificate other than look at it, maybe compare it to some "copy" that they have to show what an official UK birth certificate looks like, and then say okay.

All good questions.  I always thought the actual review to ensure everything is there is not the bottleneck...it's getting to your file that takes a while because there are so many.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.